PDA

View Full Version : Mail-To-Order-Brides

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 17:56
Just some queries:

Are you still battling from this mentality?

Or have you experienced people making some negative comments about your relationship with your hubby/wifey bf/gf?

Are they just jealous or what?

Or Envious because we have better relationships than ordinary Brit couples? Fil couples?

Share us some of your experiences and views regarding this matter. :Help1:

Thank you...

ANd Blessings!

Ann07
22nd November 2008, 18:02
Just some queries:

Or have you experienced people making some negative comments about your relationship with your hubby/wifey bf/gf?

Or Envious because we have better relationships than ordinary Brit couples? Fil couples?

Thank you...

ANd Blessings!

First, No Im not:)
2. Never thanks God:doh
3. Maybe hehehehe
4. Agree:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its how you make life's happy and beautiful. Nevermind the other people, Just ignore them if they say comments about brit and filipina or the other way around.

Stay happy and beautiful always:D:D:D

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 18:23
First, No Im not:)
2. Never thanks God:doh
3. Maybe hehehehe
4. Agree:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Its how you make life's happy and beautiful. Nevermind the other people, Just ignore them if they say comments about brit and filipina or the other way around.

Stay happy and beautiful always:D:D:D

PRECISELY!!! HEHEHE... Ingit lang sila :Cuckoo:

vbkelly
22nd November 2008, 18:28
never happen to me bcoz when i told them how i meet my hubby they are amazed to me and they loved me as a friend and THANKS GOD.

KeithD
22nd November 2008, 18:29
I ordered 10 and got 1 free :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 18:39
never happen to me bcoz when i told them how i meet my hubby they are amazed to me and they loved me as a friend and THANKS GOD.

yeah! same here... but can't explain that to everybody that will ask can you? whahaaha...

our love story was quite long... i can tell it again & again & again hehe... they might give up from asking hehehe...

P.S.

It is not just about Mail to Order Brides but also Pinays are tagged as:

Domestic Helpers (yep, coz they like us for being hardworkers & knows how to clean properly hehehe)

Nurses (coz we handle our patients with love & care & respect)

ervenescence
22nd November 2008, 18:40

Yeah ditto. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 18:42
It is also like:

Indians - Currys, popadoms

Chinese - Springrolls, dumplings

Mexican - Fajitas

English - Mustards hahaha

Hmmm...

hehe... maybe those are the simpliest ways to associate a race or remember them by! but still not right hehe... RACIST PEOPLE! HEHE

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 18:47
Yeah ditto. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am indeed delighted for the replies... only shows that we are respected as who we are, what we are & where we came from!!!

Good people!!!

But... hehe sa atin sa bayan nating Pilipinas... Go around the mall with your hubby... ALL EYES ARE ON YOU:yikes:

From head to feet! lol... are they just envy or what? or hehe maybe curious coz we have a very attractive man next to us holding our hand? lol...

Got no problems here in the UK, only in the PI when we 1st met... but we have conquered it!!

Anyway, post some more! Need more views from Pinaypays there :Hellooo:

vbkelly
22nd November 2008, 18:55
I am indeed delighted for the replies... only shows that we are respected as who we are, what we are & where we came from!!!

Good people!!!

But... hehe sa atin sa bayan nating Pilipinas... Go around the mall with your hubby... ALL EYES ARE ON YOU:yikes:

From head to feet! lol... are they just envy or what? or hehe maybe curious coz we have a very attractive man next to us holding our hand? lol...

Got no problems here in the UK, only in the PI when we 1st met... but we have conquered it!!

yeah!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 18:58

hehe maybe free but the best among the 10 hehe :xxgrinning--00xx3: is that your wifey hehe?

baboyako
22nd November 2008, 21:55
can you send me the catalogue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
22nd November 2008, 22:24

Good people!!!

My husband noticed that also every time we visits Philippines:rolleyes:

But im just like this, "mamatay kau s inggit:Rasp::Rasp:"

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 22:52

oo nga mga ingitera!! hehehe :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 22:57
hehe was funny, when we 1st met.. hehe all eyes were on us!

then heard comments in few occasions:

KAPE GATAS o! *coffee & milk

or

SI Pango at matangos (botton & tall nose)

or

Higante at si Pandak (Giant & dwarf)

ah well... only shows opposite attracts!!! lol

But got no problemo here in UK!

for newbies:
put this in your mind: DO NOT BOTHER THOSE PAKI ALAMERA HEHE... 4 sure they will go and check the internet & sign up in any penpal/marriage sites hehehe to experience the same!!! lol RELAK KA LANG! LOL

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 00:59
[QUOTE=Jay&Zobel;99818] KAPE GATAS o! *coffee & milk

:icon_lol::icon_lol:Coffee and Milk daw, same here. But I do not care, inggit lang sila noh! Its funny, some wondered why Brits like morena, I just can not tell everyone, that not all Brits love morena it just happend that my hubby loves to traveled around and because I got Morena skin I easily got tanned. Sometimes its shiny tanned pa. :icon_lol::icon_lol:. especially when we always watch cricket and football last summer.
When we went to Ilocos Sur we went to the local market. I was dealing with the vendor as I was buying some souvenirs and my hubby walk around while waiting for me. He said, he feels like a celebrity as everyone looking at him and there are 2 young lady vendors even took out the comb and brush their hair and was calling him sir to try to get his attention. hehehehe Then all of sudden I come and the girls whispering to each other.:rolleyes:
I am so proud when I am walking around with hubby...:)yes like the other one say, mamatay sila sa inggit!

brian&maddy
23rd November 2008, 01:11
hehe was funny, when we 1st met.. hehe all eyes were on us!

then heard comments in few occasions:

KAPE GATAS o! *coffee & milk

or

SI Pango at matangos (botton & tall nose)

or

Higante at si Pandak (Giant & dwarf)

ah well... only shows opposite attracts!!! lol

But got no problemo here in UK!

for newbies:
put this in your mind: DO NOT BOTHER THOSE PAKI ALAMERA HEHE... 4 sure they will go and check the internet & sign up in any penpal/marriage sites hehehe to experience the same!!! lol RELAK KA LANG! LOL

I totally agree with you sis. If they give unpleasant comment, They are just 'inggit to the max!!!' well... let them have a feastfull day. Besides none of us us can please everyone. I experienced the same when my fiancee and I were in Hongkong...:doh

Gavanddal
23rd November 2008, 01:18
I've only heard the "mail order bride" thing twice but by people who think they're being funny but are not. Otherwise I haven't noticed anything in the UK.

I notice the western/Filipina couples in the Phils especially the very young girl with old guy or attractive girl with ugly bloke or (strangest one I saw this time), a Dutch father and son both with Filipinas who looked about the same age.

My friend asked a Filipino guy what he thought of western guys going over there and taking their women and he replied that it made him sad.
It seems that there are a lot of women to go around (so to speak) so us foreigners nicking a few shouldn't make too much difference. :D

Strange that when my wife was young free and single, none of the local lads made a move on her. Are they gay or what??? :action-smiley-081:

Frances
23rd November 2008, 01:45
People judge i guess it's human nature,some people take time to know the real story some are just happy to assume.That's life.
It bothers me before because i also experience that all eyes are on me but now I do not care anymore.

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 11:51
:D
can you send me the catalogue :xxgrinning--00xx3:

why do u need it for? hehe? u going 2 ordr 4 urself? or for the hubby?!!!!
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! it will be a tough competition hehhee:D

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 11:57
[QUOTE=Jay&Zobel;99818] KAPE GATAS o! *coffee & milk

:icon_lol::icon_lol:Coffee and Milk daw, same here. But I do not care, inggit lang sila noh! Its funny, some wondered why Brits like morena, I just can not tell everyone, that not all Brits love morena it just happend that my hubby loves to traveled around and because I got Morena skin I easily got tanned. Sometimes its shiny tanned pa. :icon_lol::icon_lol:. especially when we always watch cricket and football last summer.

lol!!! same here, no effort at all! lol, unlike white hehe, they need to go to the tanning parlours just have their skin be tanned - hehe turned out to be ORANGE! LOL... and that is something to be thankful to our dearly beloved partners, we now appreciate our colour hahaha... aminin... sino ang nagtry magpaputi dito? whitening lotions, likas papaya!!! whhhhaaa!!!! lol

When we went to Ilocos Sur we went to the local market. I was dealing with the vendor as I was buying some souvenirs and my hubby walk around while waiting for me. He said, he feels like a celebrity as everyone looking at him and there are 2 young lady vendors even took out the comb and brush their hair and was calling him sir to try to get his attention. hehehehe Then all of sudden I come and the girls whispering to each other.:rolleyes:

wha hehehe... sorry girls he is taken... duh! lol

I am so proud when I am walking around with hubby...:)yes like the other one say, mamatay sila sa inggit!

mabuhay ang mga agta! lol este mabuhay tayong lahat mga api hehe... ay hindi! YES, WE JUST HAVE TO BE PROUD THAT WE R TRUE PINAYS but not too proud to d extent of being mapagmata!

go go go!

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:00
I totally agree with you sis. If they give unpleasant comment, They are just 'inggit to the max!!!' well... let them have a feastfull day. Besides none of us us can please everyone. I experienced the same when my fiancee and I were in Hongkong...:doh

they can be very judgmental as they want... who cares!!! hehe :furious3: as long as you know in your heart that you love your partner & ur he loves you too! that's all that matters... :cwm38:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:04
I've only heard the "mail order bride" thing twice but by people who think they're being funny but are not. Otherwise I haven't noticed anything in the UK.

I notice the western/Filipina couples in the Phils especially the very young girl with old guy or attractive girl with ugly bloke or (strangest one I saw this time), a Dutch father and son both with Filipinas who looked about the same age.

My friend asked a Filipino guy what he thought of western guys going over there and taking their women and he replied that it made him sad.
It seems that there are a lot of women to go around (so to speak) so us foreigners nicking a few shouldn't make too much difference. :D

whaaaa hehhehe.. sige mga pinay aminin!! hehehe...

Strange that when my wife was young free and single, none of the local lads made a move on her. Are they gay or what??? :action-smiley-081:

INSECURED THAT IS, hehe you should thank them because they did not bother her... now, you have the best lass in the world (in your eyes...lol) becuase in my hubby's eyes I am, and other's hubbys eyes, it's their partners hahahaa :ARsurrender::BouncyHappy: u know what i mean right! hehehe

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:06
People judge i guess it's human nature,some people take time to know the real story some are just happy to assume.That's life.
It bothers me before because i also experience that all eyes are on me but now I do not care anymore.

Yep, now people are minding their own businesses now! and that is great! :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 14:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRz7clt-nM&NR=1

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:14

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

mavid
23rd November 2008, 16:51
If you are a filipina wallking hand in hand with a foreigner...I don't think you can escape the stares...whispering girls (oooh i hate that lol) It bothered me a lot at first and it affected my confidence.

But as time goes by...you do get used to it. I just hold him tighter and walk like i just won the grandprize hehehe

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:53
Just some queries:

Thank you...

ANd Blessings!

I experienced this situation in our first year of our relationship, Yea they are just JEALOUS
people... It's frustrating but just hold on, stand firm and be positive always... Ignore those negative thoughts from people you know.... But when the time we really met in PERSON those people change there thinking towards it... Well sorry for them this is REAL :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

If you let them affect you they will drag you down.. So if I were you IGNORE those people.... Tell them MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
23rd November 2008, 17:08
i was said to them find your own man hehehhee

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 17:11
i was said to them find your own man hehehhee

ME TAMA k sis hehehehhehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KOREK k JAN

D&G
24th November 2008, 15:51

Yep sad but true...some people are so biased. I had my share of annoying comments from "friends", neighbors, people i dont even know :NoNo:...It affected me before but now i just laugh at them because i realized they are just envious/jealous.

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 18:12
hay hay hay buhay! mahal na ang bigas! hehe (toink?! whats d connection?lol)

amyburple
24th November 2008, 18:20
hay hay hay buhay! mahal na ang bigas! hehe (toink?! whats d connection?lol)

hehehehehe me TAMA k jan hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 19:07
Yep sad but true...some people are so biased. I had my share of annoying comments from "friends", neighbors, people i dont even know :NoNo:...It affected me before but now i just laugh at them because i realized they are just envious/jealous.

ok... hehe... maybe i was just too oversensitive but i need your comment:

I just had a pre-christmas bazaar and it was a success so i was very happy...

I asked someone: "Hmm you think my small business has got future?"
She said: "Definitely! All your products are authentic, unique and very promising!" "Maybe finding Filipino wives too?!" :Brick::furious3: (ok! i know it was just a joke.. but...but... lubot nindang ulwat! :butthead:)

Now... tell me!!!!!!!!!

Can be positive:
1) coz pinays are lovely
2) they are sslim & sexy
3) they respect their partners
4) they are not arrogants
5) fun-loving
6) honest
7) and a lot more

(yep, i know i'm quite patronizing.. hehe... pls pls...)

eljean
24th November 2008, 20:38
On me own experienced i find that most of them who said negative about asian are the women:yikes: mine is worst specially when we shop around malls they are so upfront to say pangit and gwapo bata and matured :icon_lol:and they really stare and can't beleive it :yikes: well i just find it funy becoz they will keep thinking about how i end with someone like my husband:icon_lol:at the end each day what matter most is you were meant for each other:)

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:44
On me own experienced i find that most of them who said negative about asian are the women:yikes: mine is worst specially when we shop around malls they are so upfront to say pangit and gwapo bata and matured :icon_lol:and they really stare and can't beleive it :yikes: well i just find it funy becoz they will keep thinking about how i end with someone like my husband:icon_lol:at the end each day what matter most is you were meant for each other:)

HEHEHE...

it happened here.. but it was the other way round... lol

when we were shopping at Asda (ofcourse here in the UK) hehe...

a couple of times, my Jay told me... "hmmm, weird... blokes are staring at me"
z: "Why?"
j: "Coz probably they r thinking, you are fit & young and im bald!" lol
z: "ah dont mind them we r only 2 yrs apart hehe"

:icon_lol::icon_lol:
hehe, that's what we call: pano yan tabla tabla na tayo! lol :Cuckoo: :D

simplelife
25th November 2008, 03:14
HEHEHE...

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Same here.
When hubby saw other asians staring at him he always says " not fancy that much!":icon_lol::icon_lol:
Hahahahahaha

D&G
25th November 2008, 03:32
HEHEHE...

I've got one horrible experience...i was eating at mcdonalds with my baby girl sat next to us was a couple (they look like one of those professionals) They kept looking at my baby then the woman started asking Q's

how old is she? is her father a foreigner? she is so pretty!!!:) are u the mother? :Erm: (well, she was in doubt probably thinking im only the yaya :yikes:)

then suddenly the guy asked me this question; why are u girls interested in foreigners? is it because they got big :censored:??!! ( how did he know :Erm: )

i turned to the woman expecting that she would at least reprimand her hubby but to my surprise she said: "well, its because girls nowadays are into men with lots of money hahaha!!!:cwm23: she thought it was funny.

i was so annoyed and told them: get a life! mind ur own business!!!

simplelife
25th November 2008, 04:08
I've got one horrible experience...i was eating at mcdonalds with my baby girl sat next to us was a couple (they look like one of those professionals) They kept looking at my baby then the woman started asking Q's

how old is she? is her father a foreigner? she is so pretty!!!:) are u the mother? :Erm: (well, she was in doubt probably thinking im only the yaya :yikes:)

then suddenly the guy asked me this question; why are u girls interested in foreigners? is it because they got big :censored:??!! ( how did he know :Erm: )

i turned to the woman expecting that she would at least reprimand her hubby but to my surprise she said: "well, its because girls nowadays are into men with lots of money hahaha!!!:cwm23: she thought it was funny.

Im sorry to hear about that awful experienced. It is sad that some people are so rude gave you that comment.:NoNo:

fred
25th November 2008, 09:20

I ordered one and it was delivered damaged..
Had to send the bugger back.:cwm23:

paulgee
25th November 2008, 10:31
My first visit to the Philippines was in September. I had not really thought beforehand of any reaction to my being with a Filipina gf. I did notice curious looks from people occasionally but nothing more than that.

Since the visit my gf has said that some people now consider her rich, I presume this is a common reaction (misconception!) to any filipina who has a British bf.

My advice to anyone who suffers negative comments or reactions to their relationship is to rise above them and ignore them. It is human nature for some people to be jealous/bitchy/catty and reacting to that will only drag you down to their level.

During my last visit my gf never left my side when we were out. I am visiting again on Friday for 10 days and hope to sneak a little time out by myself. I wonder if the reaction to a single man will be different to that of me being with my gf!

Paul

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:44
My first visit to the Philippines was in September. I had not really thought beforehand of any reaction to my being with a Filipina gf. I did notice curious looks from people occasionally but nothing more than that.

Since the visit my gf has said that some people now consider her rich, I presume this is a common reaction (misconception!) to any filipina who has a British bf.

My advice to anyone who suffers negative comments or reactions to their relationship is to rise above them and ignore them. It is human nature for some people to be jealous/bitchy/catty and reacting to that will only drag you down to their level.

I agree.

During my last visit my gf never left my side when we were out. I am visiting again on Friday for 10 days and hope to sneak a little time out by myself. I wonder if the reaction to a single man will be different to that of me being with my gf!

Paul

My Fiance planned to come here to have at least 1 week holiday together, but when I told him that he have to be on his own on the second day of his stay as I will have to go to the Hall of Justice to sort out my annulment.
He loved to come but he said he did not want to travel all the way from the other side of the world and only to find himself alone. But I told him , he will just be alone for few hours while I m in the Hall of Justice as I can not bring him with me to the courtroom.
He said, he did not want to be on his own if he is here in the Philippines.
So in the end we both agreed that he will come here early next year then we will go back together to England if I got my visa by then.
:)

paulgee
25th November 2008, 11:22
Simplelife, You can tell your fiance that during all the time I spent in the Philippines, wherever I was, I always felt secure and at ease. People were generally friendly and the culture here seems much less threatening than in Britain.

For instance, in the malls, there are never gangs of youths hanging around, and never any signs of trouble. Walking through a market late at night I was surprised how relaxed I felt, even though I was the only 'foreigner' in the whole area it seemed.

It makes me relaxed about my return, though until I am 'allowed' some time by myself by my gf I cannot speak from that perspective.

Good luck with your day in court.

Paul

simplelife
25th November 2008, 11:29
Simplelife, You can tell your fiance that during all the time I spent in the Philippines, wherever I was, I always felt secure and at ease. People were generally friendly and the culture here seems much less threatening than in Britain.

For instance, in the malls, there are never gangs of youths hanging around, and never any signs of trouble. Walking through a market late at night I was surprised how relaxed I felt, even though I was the only 'foreigner' in the whole area it seemed.

It makes me relaxed about my return, though until I am 'allowed' some time by myself by my gf I cannot speak from that perspective.

Good luck with your day in court.

Paul

Thanks Paul.
Have a great time here in the Philippines and regards to your GF. Im sure shes very excited now.

PeterB
25th November 2008, 12:41

Exactly the same experience here. I have never felt threatened, even when we had the extortion demand/threat at our farm. I just carried on as normal.

I've never met another foreigner in the market either, and I feel lots of people staring at me. We tend to visit on Sunday evenings when the best bargains are to be had.

Jay&Zobel
25th November 2008, 22:01

hmmmpppp insecured!!! lol we have got the best package hehe...
ermm.. gwapo, charming, nice& loving wahehehehe :Erm::D

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 23:30
When Im with my Brit Bf in the Phils last year I just laugh to myself bec everytime people looking at us back of my mind this is what I am doing before its payback time. So, I learn to live with it or else I'll feel paranoid all the time.

I didn't say what filipinos doing are right just that, that's a common trait of a filipino being judgemental on what we see, we like to jump into conclusion without analyzing first. And we filipinos are not contented by just looking we need to say something good or bad, but again its a filipino way that we can't change at all.

Everyone of us has the reason..so let that reason to free us:xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
26th November 2008, 22:29
for the first time I left my husband on his own in our hotel in Makati (though he's been to Phils many times with me) I need to go to Laguna for important matter to attend to and we will just meet up to Alabang afterwards and he is confident that he can get a bus on his own from Makati to Alabang since we usually do that route almost everyday going to Laguna.

So his usual way going around Makati taking photos (one of his many hobbies) he said a man went to him and said that he is working in the hotel were we staying etc that his wife is in the hospital, he needs money for her medicine and his children is hungry as well bec they don't have money to buy food. The man wants him to go with him, my husband said he can't go with him bec he is waiting for me. To make long story short my husband gave him 100 pesos and said I don't have money that's all I have.

But he is wondering how come that man knows he is staying in the hotel I said to him bec you are a foreigner and you are in Makati of course you are staying in hotel. After that he is really annoyed he thinks he is gullible.

Sometimes of course I want him to become independent when we are in the Phils as I am here in UK but it is really hard bec many filipinos think foreigners are rich people so they are always the target:NoNo: