PDA

View Full Version : spouse visa

TONY73
24th November 2008, 19:47
hi everyone.
i got married to my long term girlfriend in the Philippines recently,
We are to put our application in to get her spouse visa,
just a couple of things we need advice on.
Where do we get the application checklist from ?
Also do we have to have many savings to influence the decision,
my account is stable but i am not rich.

hope you can help me please.

thanks

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:17
you can find all your queries here:

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx

and also use the search button.

thank you...

Good luck in your application! funfunfun! hehe

kimmi
24th November 2008, 20:17
hi Tony,

first of all Congratulations on ur wedding..:)

u can get the checklist from the http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com

..and make sure to submit as much evidence of ur relationship as possible..

u dont need to have lots of savings just evidence that ur wife will not going to recourse in public funds if ever she arrives here in the U.K.

there are lots of posts/threads here already about applying for a spouse visa and I am pretty sure it will be of help to u..just use the SEARCH engine..

Goodluck and Congrats again..:)

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:19
hi everyone.

thanks

POSITIVE BANK BALANCE is a big factor! got nothing to worry about there:cwm12:

TONY73
24th November 2008, 20:24
thanks everyone !

one of my recent statements went in the red due to the cost of the wedding,all the others show very positive including the most recent one. i have about £1000 in my account now and i have worked permanant full time for 4 and half years and have lots of overtime available.we have all the documents ready. do you think we will be alright,i love my wife so much and cant bare to be without her !

5olidsnake
24th November 2008, 20:25
Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4) (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf4husbandswivespartners)

SETTLEMENT FORM VAF4 OCT 2007 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf4)

SETTLEMENT FORM GUIDANCE NOTES (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf4guidance)

UK Visa Application Centre in Philippines (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/)

Visa application forms supporting documents checklist (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/vafsdocschecklist/)

the checklist we supplied was different from the one above (maybe new/latest check list, someone who has recently applied will tell you)

regards
martin

IainBusby
24th November 2008, 20:26
hi everyone.

thanks

Here is a link to the site where you can download the checklist. http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx

There is no set figure for savings, but generally thought best to have about £2000 to £3000. The main thing is that you appear to be reasonably solvent and have enough of an income to provide for both yourself and your new wife without recourse to benefits of any kind.
Iain.

kimmi
24th November 2008, 20:27
as long as u followed all the documents needed in the checklist and manage to submit lots of evidences to prove your relationship.. I cant see sny reason that it wont be alright..

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:27
thanks everyone !

one of my recent statements went in the red due to the cost of the wedding,all the others show very positive including the most recent one. i have about £1000 in my account now and i have worked permanant full time for 4 and half years and have lots of overtime available.we have all the documents ready. do you think we will be alright,i love my wife so much and cant bare to be without her !

yep that will be alright... as long as you are back on track!

bank statements
mortgage/rent
employment status/certificates
and others

are all important for the application...

5olidsnake
24th November 2008, 20:29
[QUOTE=IainBusby;100200]Here is a link to the site where you can download the checklist. http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/checklist.aspx

thats the checklist we used last year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
24th November 2008, 20:31
Goodluck to your wifes application Tony:)

TONY73
24th November 2008, 20:36
Thank you everyone, you are so kind !
God bless you all !

i loved the philippines,i did not want to come back to the uk.
thanks for all your help !
it is good to be here because all you guys have all the experience of going through this.
many thanks again !

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:38
[QUOTE]

thats the checklist we used last year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
24th November 2008, 20:39
God bless you all !

it is good to be here because all you guys have all the experience of going through this.
many thanks again !

PAY IT FORWARD MATE!

vbkelly
24th November 2008, 21:08
God bless you all !

many thanks again !

goodluck to your application!

Mrs.JMajor
25th November 2008, 02:37
God bless you all !

many thanks again !

:Erm: confused me here,thought u want your wife to be w/ you in the UK,thats why u are applying for spouse visa,but u stated that u don't want to come back to the UK,
Apologize if i didn't understand it correctly:cwm38:

Wish u good luck on your application Tony

simplelife
25th November 2008, 02:55
hi everyone.

thanks

Hi Tony First, Congratulations to both of you.

The checklist can obtain from the vfs website;

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/Settlement_sponsored_by_spouse.pdf

Goodluck.

Sim11UK
25th November 2008, 17:20
:Erm: confused me here,thought u want your wife to be w/ you in the UK,thats why u are applying for spouse visa,but u stated that u don't want to come back to the UK,

What TONY73 meant was, that he enjoyed his stay so much, that if he didn't have to, he would stay in the Philippines.
His reality is though, that he has to come back to the UK. Therefore, his wife will apply for a spouse visa, so that she can join him.

Goodluck! TONY73 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

TONY73
25th November 2008, 17:47
thats right,i enjoyed my stay so much and i did not want to leave my wife !
how i miss the beautiful sunset too !

thank you everyone for wishing us good luck !

we should have the application submitted by early january,just waiting on a couple of documents we need and the wifes renewed passport,its not good for the heart all this waiting but i hope the outcome will give me much joy !

Sconnie
25th November 2008, 20:03

Hi Juliet (is that you?), you look younger every time I see you.

Sconnie
25th November 2008, 20:05
hi everyone.

Congratulations to you both :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::):):)

Mrs Daddy
26th November 2008, 19:20
Hi Tony:)Goodluck for your wife`s visa application:Dkeep everything cross:D

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 19:53
:cwm23::angry:
What TONY73 meant was, that he enjoyed his stay so much, that if he didn't have to, he would stay in the Philippines.
His reality is though, that he has to come back to the UK. Therefore, his wife will apply for a spouse visa, so that she can join him.
Goodluck! TONY73 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yeah especially you had a lovely time in the sunny PI and come back to gloomy & gray england hehehe... not funny at all lol

depressing... very depressing and more depressing... :NoNo:

tiN
26th November 2008, 19:55
Goodluck for the wife's application :)

Mrs.JMajor
27th November 2008, 02:45
Hi Juliet (is that you?), you look younger every time I see you.

Boooooooooooooooooo :action-smiley-081:

empott
28th November 2008, 04:26
Wait a minute! You changed name! I only realized now that you were jed143. :doh

PeterB
28th November 2008, 13:07
Ah, that explains my confusion!

Mrs.JMajor
28th November 2008, 14:11
Ah, that explains my confusion!

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

----------------:Cuckoo:

IainBusby
28th November 2008, 15:15

Come on now Juliet, we demand a formal announcement the "Introduce Yourself" section so that we can welcome you to the forum properly. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
29th November 2008, 01:16
Come on now Juliet, we demand a formal announcement the "Introduce Yourself" section so that we can welcome you to the forum properly. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I will in due time Iain :D:D

love you all members ,you really make me laugh reading this thread :)

simplelife
29th November 2008, 03:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3: I will in due time Iain :D:D

love you all members ,you really make me laugh reading this thread :)

How to change log in name? did you make another account?

empott
29th November 2008, 04:18
I think you will have to ask the admin and if you give them a valid reason for changing, then the admin will do it for you.

IainBusby
29th November 2008, 11:23
How to change log in name? did you make another account?

So if we see a new member posting on here as Mrs. P that will be you then will it? :D:D:D
Iain.

simplelife
29th November 2008, 11:34
So if we see a new member posting on here as Mrs. P that will be you then will it? :D:D:D
Iain.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
29th November 2008, 14:19
Iain.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
29th November 2008, 15:10
whehehe...
so u can do that? i have an old account called: remee, after my mum's name hehe.. can that be merged with my present 1? hehe

Ok Mrs P & MrsJ hehe

Mrs.JMajor
29th November 2008, 15:14
whehehe...
so u can do that? i have an old account called: remee, after my mum's name hehe.. can that be merged with my present 1? hehe

Ok Mrs P & MrsJ hehe

as long as u still remember the password u can log onto it miss zobel :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mjaes
28th February 2009, 08:27
hey everyone... is there a minimum amount of monthly income that my spouse needs to have to merit a visa? and are we required to show proof of sent remittances to my account here in the philippines? thanks so much. :-)

darren-b
28th February 2009, 10:39
hey everyone... is there a minimum amount of monthly income that my spouse needs to have to merit a visa? and are we required to show proof of sent remittances to my account here in the philippines? thanks so much. :-)

There is no minimum as such, but he does have to show he has accommodation for the both of you and has enough money to support you as well. Any savings can be taken into account.

Showing proof of remittances can be helpful, though not essential.

joebloggs
28th February 2009, 15:14
no set figure, but The absolute minimum amount of disposable income that is generally considered for settlement visas is £94.95 / week net (after tax and some bills)

shalimar
7th March 2009, 01:52
hi... kinasal ako sa isang british citizen and now were waiting for the result of my settlement visa and its almost 9 months already since we submit my documents... im worried na hindi ako bigyan ng visa kasi my husband is unemployed and he only 20 years old but his parents is the one who support us while he staying here and she provide all my financial support for my application... and beside i have 7 years old son from my previous husband... my husband did not want me to leave here in the philippines and i want to go with him coz i will miz him a lot... hope you can help me or some advice pls...

empott
7th March 2009, 02:49
:omg: 9 months! That is a loooong wait! :furious3:
:Erm: You have some issues though and would have been better if you had solved them first before submitting your application. I waited 30 months and cleared everything before I'll submit mine. Anyway, wish you get the answer soon, Shalimar.

Hey, Shayla, braise yourself. :D just kidding, dear. I know you won't wait that long, you'll have yours soon.

kimmi
7th March 2009, 02:59
hi... kinasal ako sa isang british citizen and now were waiting for the result of my settlement visa and its almost 9 months already since we submit my documents... im worried na hindi ako bigyan ng visa kasi my husband is unemployed and he only 20 years old but his parents is the one who support us while he staying here and she provide all my financial support for my application... and beside i have 7 years old son from my previous husband... my husband did not want me to leave here in the philippines and i want to go with him coz i will miz him a lot... hope you can help me or some advice pls...

hi shalimar,

welcome to the forum..like what Ate Ems have said 9 months is really a long wait..:Erm::omg: have u tried giving them a ring to follow up ur application?

if u wont mind my asking, when u submitted ur application have u made sure u followed all the documents/checklists needed for the settlement vsa?:Erm:

empott
7th March 2009, 03:11
Kimmi is right, phone them. :xxgrinning--00xx3: And don't stop till you get an answer, Shalimar.

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 06:33
his parents is the one who support us while he staying here and she provide all my financial support for my application...

his parents can provide accommodation for you, but 3rd party financial support is no longer allowed :NoNo:, 9 months :NoNo:, what has the embassy said about the cause of the delay.

your husband should contact his MP, and get him to contact the embassy

darren-b
7th March 2009, 07:21
his parents can provide accommodation for you, but 3rd party financial support is no longer allowed :NoNo:, 9 months :NoNo:, what has the embassy said about the cause of the delay.

your husband should contact his MP, and get him to contact the embassy

I think an unemployed 20 year old living with his parents would only receive £47.95/week JSA at that age. Would have thought no chance of getting a visa based just on his income unless lots of savings.

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 11:56
yes he needs a job, and savings would help :rolleyes:

well if it has been 9 months and if you've not contacted the embassy, maybe the visa app has got lost internally or have you moved house? maybe they have tired to contact you :Erm:

9 months is taking the :action-smiley-081:

Shayla
7th March 2009, 13:05
Hey, Shayla, braise yourself. :D just kidding, dear. I know you won't wait that long, you'll have yours soon.

Hello Ate Ems,

I'm not worried at all lol :icon_lol:.. As what lots said here..It depends on the cases for every applicants..I know and I'm positive to receive a good news very soon..:D:D:D

Good luck for applying your visa!

joebloggs
7th March 2009, 13:30
Hello Ate Ems,

I'm not worried at all lol :icon_lol:.. As what lots said here..It depends on the cases for every applicants..I know and I'm positive to receive a good news very soon..:D:D:D

Good luck for applying your visa!

in a way, no news is good news :rolleyes:
cannot be long now..

Shayla
7th March 2009, 13:39
in a way, no news is good news :rolleyes:
cannot be long now..

Yes Joe and who knows in 2-3 weeks time they might give me the result..:):):)

I'm pretty sure that the ECO are doing their best for it.

Cheers!

empott
7th March 2009, 13:49
That's the spirit, Praise. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Keep it up, girl.

smilinggirlfife
7th March 2009, 13:57
Hi Tony,

It's marie here and I just arrived in Scotland on a Marriage Settlement Visa and as I know you can have the application form from http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/contactus.aspx and you can download and print the form from there. I hope I can help you with this matter.

Shayla
7th March 2009, 14:14
That's the spirit, Praise. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Keep it up, girl.

I will always do Ate Ems..Hope u too and good luck..

Thank you!

aromulus
7th March 2009, 16:44
Hi Tony,

It's marie here and I just arrived in Scotland on a Marriage Settlement Visa and as I know you can have the application form from http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/contactus.aspx and you can download and print the form from there. I hope I can help you with this matter.

Although newbies are not allowed to post links, but due to the usefulness of this one of yours, it will be ok this time.

wrigglybum
7th March 2009, 17:34
hi 'ya tony73 goodluck to your application and your wife, evryones given you the info 'bout the application im sure it'll be fine. i know how you feel my hubby felt the same way like you do when i apply for spouse visa in the philippines. the worries and stress all gone after 3 weeks i got my visa{ with out any enterview}......

good luck again.....!

Shayla
7th March 2009, 19:14
hi everyone.

thanks

Good luck Tony,everything is gonna be ok man..Always think positive okay?

God bless you!

empott
8th March 2009, 02:50
:Erm: Just to remind you guys that Tony's wife is already in the UK. :D

kimmi
8th March 2009, 04:04
:Erm: Just to remind you guys that Tony's wife is already in the UK. :D

yup, I also knew Tony's wife was already with him in the UK..:Erm::doh

Shayla
8th March 2009, 16:19
yup, I also knew Tony's wife was already with him in the UK..:Erm::doh

Opsssssssss....Sorry dear ...I thought Tony's wife is still here in the PI..haha...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nids123
8th March 2009, 17:16
yes me too i thought so tony's wife is still in the uk.i was scare to that 9 monts long wait.anyway hi shay hope we got a good news soon.

Shayla
9th March 2009, 17:46
yes me too i thought so tony's wife is still in the uk.i was scare to that 9 monts long wait.anyway hi shay hope we got a good news soon.

Pls send me a msg when you receive your visa result next week or this week Ate Nids okay?..I'm expecting for that :D:D:D:D

Good luck as well!

nids123
10th March 2009, 02:50
hi shay thank you so much for the wish i do hope so i will have my visa this week this soon,my husband is upsit of me part and he sound he cant wait for me ijust do hope that he will wait for me.good luck to ur too hope to hear good news for ur visa this week or next week.

Shayla
10th March 2009, 03:00
hi shay thank you so much for the wish i do hope so i will have my visa this week this soon,my husband is upsit of me part and he sound he cant wait for me ijust do hope that he will wait for me.good luck to ur too hope to hear good news for ur visa this week or next week.

Don't worry Ate Nids,

Just remember that trials makes you strong, sorrows makes you human and it's only misunderstanding about you and your husband..I know you can fix the problem soon and you will be both okay so good luck to you and keep us updated..

Thanks a lot and just enjoy your time while your here in our country.. Maybe next week you will get your visa same time as mine..

GOOD LUCK!