PDA

View Full Version : Walk-In Submission or By Prior Appoinment

simplelife
25th November 2008, 09:47
We are now in the middle of sorting out all the requirements for a Fiancee visa.
Last year, when I applied for visa I submitted my application thru " walk-in Submission" and I did not have any problem as they accepted walk-in applicants from 9am to 12nn. I waited for half an hour and everything was fine.
But I just checked the VFS website and they changed the schedule and they only accept walk-in applicants from 8:00 to 9:00 am only.
So Im thinking I m just gonna use the Online appointment BUT I just wondered when is the earliest date is available now to lodge the application.

themuffins
25th November 2008, 10:17
Hi simplelife

According to VFS email reply about the same question last time i sent, you may book an appointment as soon as you are able to pay for your visa application fee. So say, if you pay tomorrow morning (eg, Manager's check, cash over the counter etc. ), then you can immediately schedule your appointment online to pass your application the next day .

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:22
Hi simplelife

According to VFS email reply about the same question last time i sent, you may book an appointment as soon as you are able to pay for your visa application fee. So say, if you pay tomorrow morning (eg, Manager's check, cash over the counter etc. ), then you can immediately schedule your appointment online to pass your application the next day .

Oh thats great then! I was just worried that there might be long ques to get the earliest date to lodge the application.
Thanks theMuffins its good that I can lodge my application hopefully before Christmas break.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mavid
25th November 2008, 10:22
Last February 2008, I tried Walk-In Submission...i was there 5:30 and there was already a BIG swarm of applicants.

The Guard went out and shouted..."I will only allow people on this list to enter!"

I was like what list?! They were applicants who went in queue the day before!

There were like 40 of them. After an hour he went back and said...he would call another few from the list of names on that day and he did.

But what about us? the once who were not called? He said... I will prioritize all the applicants on this list tomorrow...so come again tomorrow around 7am.

SO we all obediently followed... returned the next day ONLY to be told that the LIST was not honored inside! I am telling you... some of the applicants almost punched the guard lol

It turned out...he let those applicants who arrived early inside already! and HE told us to go back at 7! There was a proper rally outside the application center then lol We did not leave even when they told us to just go back AGAIN tomorrow earlier!

After two hours, one of the staff went out and gave away stubs with Appointment Dates...but it was 3 weeks still?! I thought that was a bit crap!

The reason why you're trying the WALK-in submission was for you to be able to submit it that day and not wait another 3 weeks. Bloody hell lol

I was lucky I had a back-up plan...I did book for an appointment before going...only it was the following week, still it was a lot earlier than the 3 weeks they gave us that day.

brian&maddy
25th November 2008, 10:26
We are now in the middle of sorting out all the requirements for a Fiancee visa.
Last year, when I applied for visa I submitted my application thru " walk-in Submission" and I did not have any problem as they accepted walk-in applicants from 9am to 12nn. I waited for half an hour and everything was fine.
But I just checked the VFS website and they changed the schedule and they only accept walk-in applicants from 8:00 to 9:00 am only.
So Im thinking I m just gonna use the Online appointment BUT I just wondered when is the earliest date is available now to lodge the application.

Hello Sis
Right now I am also in the middle of sorting out my requirements for a Fiancee Visa. I am planning to submit my application to VFS thru an appointment by the first or second week of December. Looking at the VFS website, looks like marami silang non working holidays this coming December. Maybe as long as you have already paid the visa fee, you can make an appointment for the next day(wag lang matatapat na non working holiday sila). Im not very sure pero thats what i have read on their website.
Goodluck to both of us sis! :)

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:29
Last February 2008, I tried Walk-In Submission...i was there 5:30 and there was already a BIG swarm of applicants.

The Guard went out and shouted..."I will only allow people on this list to enter!"

I was like what list?! They were applicants who went in queue the day before!

There were like 40 of them. After an hour he went back and said...he would call another few from the list of names on that day and he did.

But what about us? the once who were not called? He said... I will prioritize all the applicants on this list tomorrow...so come again tomorrow around 7am.

SO we all obediently followed... returned the next day ONLY to be told that the LIST was not honored inside! I am telling you... some of the applicants almost punched the guard lol

It turned out...he let those applicants who arrived early inside already! and HE told us to go back at 7! There was a proper rally outside the application center then lol We did not leave even when they told us to just go back AGAIN tomorrow earlier!

After two hours, one of the staff went out and gave away stubs with Appointment Dates...but it was 3 weeks still?! I thought that was a bit crap!

The reason why you're trying the WALK-in submission was for you to be able to submit it that day and not wait another 3 weeks. Bloody hell lol

I was lucky I had a back-up plan...I did book for an appointment before going...only it was the following week, still it was a lot earlier than the 3 weeks they gave us that day.

Wa! that was not really funny experienced Mavid, I can imagined how annoying it was.
When I lodge my application last year,luckily it was not that very busy.
The only thing that annoys me was that after one week I lodge my application I got a call from VFS and asking me to go back to their office to do the Fingerprints scan again as there was a problem on their system on the day I did the Fingerprints.
It was not a big deal to me because I just live in Manila, but some of the applicants were from the Northern part of Luzon and some are from the Visayas region!

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:31
Hello Sis
Right now I am also in the middle of sorting out my requirements for a Fiancee Visa. I am planning to submit my application to VFS thru an appointment by the first or second week of December. Looking at the VFS website, looks like marami silang non working holidays this coming December. Maybe as long as you have already paid the visa fee, you can make an appointment for the next day(wag lang matatapat na non working holiday sila). Im not very sure pero thats what i have read on their website.
Goodluck to both of us sis! :)

Thanks for the info sis.
Yes! good luck to us.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

themuffins
25th November 2008, 10:40
I do think it's always better to schedule an appointment before going to their office as they go by the list of people scheduled for that day. In my case though, after payment, I immediately scheduled an appointment online for the following week and luckily for me, there were not many people scheduled for the day and time that I've chosen so it was all smooth and quick.

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:47
I do think it's always better to schedule an appointment before going to their office as they go by the list of people scheduled for that day. In my case though, after payment, I immediately scheduled an appointment online for the following week and luckily for me, there were not many people scheduled for the day and time that I've chosen so it was all smooth and quick.

Right.

Mrs.JMajor
25th November 2008, 10:47
As of this time,its not busy for VFS,they can entertain most of the walk -in as i get surprised not much applicant ,unlike the pick season 3rd quarter when i applied for my visit visa

Good luck to you anyway

simplelife
25th November 2008, 10:52
As of this time,its not busy for VFS,they can entertain most of the walk -in as i get surprised not much applicant ,unlike the pick season 3rd quarter when i applied for my visit visa

Good luck to you anyway

Thanks a lot Mrs.JMajor

adam&chryss
25th November 2008, 10:55
hi everyone.. just want to share my experienced this morning.
we (me and my son) left at our house (pampanga) at 7am. my schedule was 10:40am, which i did it online. so, i have 3 hours and 30 minutes to get at VFS. i was in balintawak at 9:15 and thinking that i still have time. when we were in edsa it was really heavy traffic. got off the bus in cubao and got taxi. while in the taxi i was praying that hopefully we get there on time. i got in the lobby at exactly 10:40am. went to 25th floor and the guard checked all my things, finally we were inside. the guard inside took our appointment letter and asked the staff of the VFS if we were called. the guard came back and said that we were called :bigcry:
i asked the guard if there's any way that we can still submit our applications... he said that i need to fall in line as 'walk-in' , but it will take long. so i did fall in line. after a minute they called my son's name :D
but again unfortunately, i need to submit one more paper for my son which is 'sponsorship undertaking' :doh
now i'm thinking if i have to go there tomorrow morning as walk-in.. because i was trying to get a schedule for tomorrow, but the available days for this week are on wednesday and thursday :Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
25th November 2008, 11:08
No,u don't need to get another schedule on the slot....hopefully !! i have the feeling that u can tell to the guard that they ask u to bring the sponsorship letter

OK i might wrong w/ my comment above,because usually they check the list of Ur name appear on those schedule for the day
my suggest is cause u had busy day today,why not just take rest tomorrow and go check the slot on Thursday...lol i guess u said wed and Thurs ..suppose to be Thursday and Friday because they already print the schedule for all the applicant tomorrow Wednesday

Thanks a lot Mrs.JMajor

your welcome po

adam&chryss
25th November 2008, 11:34
No,u don't need to get another schedule on the slot....hopefully !! i have the feeling that u can tell to the guard that they ask u to bring the sponsorship letter

actually i was thinking about that.. anyway i still have the green stubs (application submission process) that me and my son had this morning from VFS :)

OK i might wrong w/ my comment above,because usually they check the list of Ur name appear on those schedule for the day
my suggest is cause u had busy day today,why not just take rest tomorrow and go check the slot on Thursday...lol i guess u said wed and Thurs ..suppose to be Thursday and Friday because they already print the schedule for all the applicant tomorrow Wednesday

thanks Mrs.JMajor.. yeah u'r right thursday and friday :D my mistake:Brick: i guess i need to take a nap..

simplelife
25th November 2008, 11:37
[QUOTE=Mrs.JMajor;100307]No,u don't need to get another schedule on the slot....hopefully !! i have the feeling that u can tell to the guard that they ask u to bring the sponsorship letter

I agree.

simplelife
25th November 2008, 11:39
thanks Mrs.JMajor.. yeah u'r right thursday and friday :D my mistake:Brick: i guess i need to take a nap..

Yes and also its gonna be too tiring for your son if you will go back again tomorrow.
Anyway goodluck to you.

amyburple
25th November 2008, 12:22
Hmmmm in my CASE I first got an appointment thru online and then my payment didn't come through to their data base so the VFS staff told me to go back by Monday as a WALK- IN applicant 8-9 in the morning... Ummm there's a wue but lest 20 people only at exact 8 the operation started and it's really fast. I got the number 19 and thn they called me i guess 8:25 and then just less than 10 min and I'm done and thn Biometrics for 2min i guess... I just stayed there less than an hour so before 9 I'm done except that I waited for there accountant just to get my REFUND on the fee that I paid...

They will priorities the walk-in applicant. (8 to 9) There are applicant there by appointment but the VFS people will entertain them at 9.. So I guess if you can go there early and you want to go home early too not stuck in the traffic hehehe better go there as a walk in applicant :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:....

Ann07
25th November 2008, 22:18
So complicated nowadays:doh

Goodluck to all the applicants:)

tiN
25th November 2008, 22:53
So complicated nowadays:doh

Goodluck to all the applicants:)

Yeah its true, very complicated nowadys..:doh

When I applied for my fiancee visa it was Oct 29, and approved by Nov 7, that was 2006. Now u need to have an appointment first before u can submit application?:doh

Goodluck..:)

tiN
25th November 2008, 22:54
hi everyone.. just want to share my experienced this morning.
we (me and my son) left at our house (pampanga) at 7am. my schedule was 10:40am, which i did it online. so, i have 3 hours and 30 minutes to get at VFS. i was in balintawak at 9:15 and thinking that i still have time. when we were in edsa it was really heavy traffic. got off the bus in cubao and got taxi. while in the taxi i was praying that hopefully we get there on time. i got in the lobby at exactly 10:40am. went to 25th floor and the guard checked all my things, finally we were inside. the guard inside took our appointment letter and asked the staff of the VFS if we were called. the guard came back and said that we were called :bigcry:
i asked the guard if there's any way that we can still submit our applications... he said that i need to fall in line as 'walk-in' , but it will take long. so i did fall in line. after a minute they called my son's name :D
but again unfortunately, i need to submit one more paper for my son which is 'sponsorship undertaking' :doh
now i'm thinking if i have to go there tomorrow morning as walk-in.. because i was trying to get a schedule for tomorrow, but the available days for this week are on wednesday and thursday :Erm:

Youre a "kabalen"?:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
25th November 2008, 23:16
Yeah its true, very complicated nowadys..:doh

When I applied for my fiancee visa it was Oct 29, and approved by Nov 7, that was 2006. Now u need to have an appointment first before u can submit application?:doh

Goodluck..:)

same here sis i applied my fiancee visa last week of sept 2006 got it less than a week:doh thats was quick in our time.
to all of u guys all the best hope u will get ur visa soon

tiN
25th November 2008, 23:51
same here sis i applied my fiancee visa last week of sept 2006 got it less than a week:doh thats was quick in our time.
to all of u guys all the best hope u will get ur visa soon

I know we were so lucky that time, no hassle:D

Have you heard the new rules in Embassy? About the under 21 applying for a fiancee visa?:doh

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 03:27
Yes and also its gonna be too tiring for your son if you will go back again tomorrow.
Anyway goodluck to you.

yes, thanks simplelife... well the staff said it's ok if i won't bring my son with me. he doesn't need biometric fingerprints for he's only 4 years old.
well i already slept last night and i just woke up. i'll go there to submit my application tomorrow.

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 03:37
Hmmmm in my CASE I first got an appointment thru online and then my payment didn't come through to their data base so the VFS staff told me to go back by Monday as a WALK- IN applicant 8-9 in the morning... Ummm there's a wue but lest 20 people only at exact 8 the operation started and it's really fast. I got the number 19 and thn they called me i guess 8:25 and then just less than 10 min and I'm done and thn Biometrics for 2min i guess... I just stayed there less than an hour so before 9 I'm done except that I waited for there accountant just to get my REFUND on the fee that I paid...

They will priorities the walk-in applicant. (8 to 9) There are applicant there by appointment but the VFS people will entertain them at 9.. So I guess if you can go there early and you want to go home early too not stuck in the traffic hehehe better go there as a walk in applicant :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:....

hi amyburple, well i'll go tomorrow.. i slept long hours last night, was really tired plus i'm 19weeks pregnant. it's just hassle that i have to bring again all the bunch of papers to submit :NoNo:
hopefully no more hassle tomorrow :)

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 03:39
Youre a "kabalen"?:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi kabalen :D

simplelife
26th November 2008, 03:48
yes, thanks simplelife... well the staff said it's ok if i won't bring my son with me. he doesn't need biometric fingerprints for he's only 4 years old.
well i already slept last night and i just woke up. i'll go there to submit my application tomorrow.

Oh thats great!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Goodluck to you and take care.:)

amyburple
26th November 2008, 08:31
hi amyburple, well i'll go tomorrow.. i slept long hours last night, was really tired plus i'm 19weeks pregnant. it's just hassle that i have to bring again all the bunch of papers to submit :NoNo:
hopefully no more hassle tomorrow :)

GOD BLESS YOU SIS.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some of the VFS staff is not (from 1-3 table) smiling especially the 3 VFS staff their including the gay hehehe not unlike the staff on the left wing.. they are very accomodating, friendly and they are smiling hehehehe :):):)

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 08:41
Oh thats great!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Goodluck to you and take care.:)

thanks! :)

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 08:42
GOD BLESS YOU SIS.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some of the VFS staff is not (from 1-3 table) smiling especially the 3 VFS staff their including the gay hehehe not unlike the staff on the left wing.. they are very accomodating, friendly and they are smiling hehehehe :):):)

thanks sis... i'll keep that in mind :)

amyburple
26th November 2008, 08:46
thanks sis... i'll keep that in mind :)

what time is you appointment sis?

mavid
26th November 2008, 09:52

Very True Amy...I don't know why the Bading acted a bit arrogant. And I thought I was the only one who noticed that those staff (1-3) ain't smiling lol

amyburple
26th November 2008, 10:29
Very True Amy...I don't know why the Bading acted a bit arrogant. And I thought I was the only one who noticed that those staff (1-3) ain't smiling lol

ohhh good hehehe you noticed that Emy... the VFS staff who assisted me something like a boyish girl she even didn't smile at me... I'm expecting that they will do that you know just to ease because you feel a bit nervous but from the table 1,2 and 3 they are not accommodating... Esp the GAY there ohhh common he think he is the boss the way he look at you, he's very arrogant :doh:doh:doh:doh.....

When I was there... I'm waiting for my refund and wait for there accountant so I have to sit near on the pamphlets place there and water dispenser It's near the entrance door... Now the gay will refill the pamphlets area. the worse is he just passed in my front very near to me he didn't even say excuse me ma'am..just simple like that. I'm expecting him to said that but nada... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

simplelife
26th November 2008, 10:48
The staff who assisted me last year was very nice, she is look alike of Pops Fernandez, have long straight hair and slim.

I just noticed that there was one staff whose a bit masungit to one of the applicant, as the applicant did not follow what its said in the checklist how to arrange the documents.

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 11:17
what time is you appointment sis?

in the morning sis.. i'll leave 5am here so i won't be late :D

amyburple
26th November 2008, 11:41
in the morning sis.. i'll leave 5am here so i won't be late :D

So walk-in k sis... Good luck! The security guard at the VFS office si "kuya" is friendly and si Ate hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 11:55
So walk-in k sis... Good luck! The security guard at the VFS office si "kuya" is friendly and si Ate hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
oo sis. need to go back early din kasi... im already 3 days absent at work. i asked my supervisor that this is the last time. good thing i work in the evening (UK time). so tomorrow i can work pa :)

amyburple
26th November 2008, 11:58
oo sis. need to go back early din kasi... im already 3 days absent at work. i asked my supervisor that this is the last time. good thing i work in the evening (UK time). so tomorrow i can work pa :)

Oh better walk in ka hehehe... before 9 your done there for sure :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: hmmmm good luck and try to check again you applications and the checklist hehehehe :):):)

adam&chryss
26th November 2008, 12:13
Oh better walk in ka hehehe... before 9 your done there for sure :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: hmmmm good luck and try to check again you applications and the checklist hehehehe :):):)

thanks sis :)

amyburple
26th November 2008, 12:17
thanks sis :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Your WELCOME hehehehe :):):):)

Ann07
26th November 2008, 15:47
I know we were so lucky that time, no hassle:D

Have you heard the new rules in Embassy? About the under 21 applying for a fiancee visa?:doh

Aye, its for a fiancee visa. A friend of mine she is only 18 and is about to apply for a spousal visa she get confused and the embassy sent her an email explaining it will not affect her spousal visa only to those applying for a fiance visa. so she is safe im happy for her:)

PeterB
26th November 2008, 15:58
...unfortunately, i need to submit one more paper for my son which is 'sponsorship undertaking' :doh

Last July, when applying for Ruby's visa, we had to return to VFS with a replacement passport. We found that we didn't need another appointment - the paper slip from our first visit gave us priority.

tiN
26th November 2008, 17:10
Aye, its for a fiancee visa. A friend of mine she is only 18 and is about to apply for a spousal visa she get confused and the embassy sent her an email explaining it will not affect her spousal visa only to those applying for a fiance visa. so she is safe im happy for her:)

yeah, wish her luck for me:)

Ann07
26th November 2008, 17:59
yeah, wish her luck for me:)

yes sis i will:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks:)