PDA

View Full Version : new id cards

sala74
27th November 2008, 17:19
Hi all, just wondering about the new id card scheme brought out by the home office this week. Anybody have any more infor about them??? It looks to me that as my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa, she will need to apply. Just with her about to apply for her ilr in march, i want everything to be right. Anybody else going to apply for one????
cheers,
stuart and mai

DianaKevy
27th November 2008, 17:41
Hi all, just wondering about the new id card scheme brought out by the home office this week. Anybody have any more infor about them??? It looks to me that as my wife is on a 2 year spouse visa, she will need to apply. Just with her about to apply for her ilr in march, i want everything to be right. Anybody else going to apply for one????
cheers,
stuart and mai

hello, just check this link. this will tell you all about the id card scheme. http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/idcardsforforeignnationals/#header1

good luck.. right now im waiting for my FLR and im sure i will be getting the id card as well.

nethlewy
28th November 2008, 09:51
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/idcardsforforeignnationals/#header1

good luck.. right now im waiting for my FLR and im sure i will be getting the id card as well.

So from what I can gather at this website when applying for FLR or ILR you will have to visit one of the centres to give biometrics.

Does this mean that postal only applications are no longer allowed?

DianaKevy did you attend one of the centres? If so how did it go?

nethlewy
28th November 2008, 09:57
I just remembered, my wife gave her biometric details (fingerprint and digital photograph) when she applied for her Spouses visa in Manila in Sept/Oct 2007.
As she has already supplied them, and we all know how well our government looks after such sensitive information, surely they will have them on file somewhere here in the UK thus eliminating a need to visit one of the centres to give them again when applying for FLR or ILR next year.

Anyone have more info on this?

DianaKevy
28th November 2008, 12:31
So from what I can gather at this website when applying for FLR or ILR you will have to visit one of the centres to give biometrics.

Does this mean that postal only applications are no longer allowed?

DianaKevy did you attend one of the centres? If so how did it go?

i had my scanning when i went to VFS in manila.

xebec
28th November 2008, 16:50
The website seems to be rather vague as to the procedure although the way I read it is that you submit your application in the normal way and if/when the ID card is required they will contact you.

Daisy submitted her application for FLR last Saturday to try to beat the new ID card from 25th November. Again the site seems to be vague as to whether that date refers to new applications from that date (we should be OK) or FLR/ILR granted after that date.

Daisy also had the biometrics taken at VFS so the duplication would seem to be unnecessary.

I cant see that we can be expected to be mindreaders so as long as the current rules are followed when making applications I think the onus must be on the visa authorities to advise if any other actions need to be taken.

At least I hope so...................

DianaKevy
28th November 2008, 17:15
The website seems to be rather vague as to the procedure although the way I read it is that you submit your application in the normal way and if/when the ID card is required they will contact you.

Daisy submitted her application for FLR last Saturday to try to beat the new ID card from 25th November. Again the site seems to be vague as to whether that date refers to new applications from that date (we should be OK) or FLR/ILR granted after that date.

Daisy also had the biometrics taken at VFS so the duplication would seem to be unnecessary.

I cant see that we can be expected to be mindreaders so as long as the current rules are followed when making applications I think the onus must be on the visa authorities to advise if any other actions need to be taken.

At least I hope so...................

I don't think they will contact us anymore for the id card because they are going to start implementing to those who is applying for student and FLR visa.

Oh well let's just wait and see when we have it......