PDA

View Full Version : Work permit ?

TONY73
29th November 2008, 09:24
Hi Everyone !
hope everyone is well !

Please could you tell me whether my wife needs a work permit before she can work here in the UK ?
If so then do you know how we would obtain one ?

Would be so happy if you could help !

Much thanks

Tony

vbkelly
29th November 2008, 09:43
Hi Everyone !
hope everyone is well !

Please could you tell me whether my wife needs a work permit before she can work here in the UK ?
If so then do you know how we would obtain one ?

Would be so happy if you could help !

Much thanks

Tony

if she's holding spouse visa she don't need a work permit just get a NI when she arrive here in UK

Mrs Daddy
29th November 2008, 11:45
good one ate bing but if she is holding a fiancee visa she cannot work in u.k hope that helps and if also she is in a visitor visa she cant work either.

joebloggs
29th November 2008, 11:50
good one ate bing but if she is holding a fiancee visa she cannot work in u.k.

he did ask about his 'wife' so i presume he is already married to her :Erm:

Mrs Daddy
29th November 2008, 11:52
:icon_lol:forgive me:D

joebloggs
29th November 2008, 12:06
:xxgrinning--00xx3: forgiven :D

and what's your excuse for not reading the whole of his post :icon_lol:, i've got little joe, scribbling on the doors, sofa and wallpaper , pulling the dogs tail, pulling the wallpaper off, writing on the leather sofa :yikes:, that's just in the last 15 mins, hope the wife is back soon :cwm24: :Help1:

so i can have 40 winks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
29th November 2008, 12:08
:icon_lol::icon_lol:poor dog:D

PeterB
29th November 2008, 14:20
he did ask about his 'wife' so i presume he is already married to her :Erm:

That's a very 'western' attitude! The distinction appears to be much less definite here in Phils!

IainBusby
29th November 2008, 14:41
That's a very 'western' attitude! The distinction appears to be much less definite here in Phils!

Is that why bigamy is so widespread there? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

TONY73
29th November 2008, 15:50
Thanks !

Just one more question ?
Why do i feel like we always have to justify ourselves in our application for the visa ?
it feels like real interrogation does this !

Hope it all works out,its so difficult to be here alone without my wife !

joebloggs
29th November 2008, 17:26

well being a westerner and knowing some people call their partner 'wife/husband' even if their not (yet) married, obviously this could effect what type of visa your applying for, a spouse or fiancée, and that will effect when she will be able to work :doh

andypaul
29th November 2008, 23:18
Thanks !

Just one more question ?
Why do i feel like we always have to justify ourselves in our application for the visa ?
it feels like real interrogation does this !

Hope it all works out,its so difficult to be here alone without my wife !

It is tough, but as written often on here it seems like a distant memory quite quickly.

I do agree its painful but i do think if a couple wish to be together they should be prepared to put up with it.

Im sure your soon be together and it will be a very distant dream.

TONY73
30th November 2008, 11:06
Yes its not easy but its worth going through for sure.
we are just trying to get everything together now,most things we have but just one or two things we need to complete our documentation.
currently my wife is changing her passport,that could take a few weeks.
every day seems as long as a week at the moment,time sure goes slow when you are waiting for something.
thanks for the encouraging comments !

haiku
30th November 2008, 15:49
Question... can Filipinos teach in the UK?
Well, just wondering in what area is it possible? I have a friend who's about to follow hubby and has this concern. I'll tell her to drop by this site too.

Jay&Zobel
30th November 2008, 23:21
Question... can Filipinos teach in the UK?
Well, just wondering in what area is it possible? I have a friend who's about to follow hubby and has this concern. I'll tell her to drop by this site too.

Ermm... not sure but she can always enrol in College (Teaching Course) and study again here in the UK... Maybe take IELTS too for this will be a good qualification.

visit this link:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=101376#post101376

Ann07
2nd December 2008, 18:05
Im an education graduate with master's degree I tried applying for a teaching assistant post but no luck:bigcry: I am working now in a retail shop:icon_lol:. For exposure of a uk life:xxgrinning--00xx3: I did enjoy it :Erm::NoNo::icon_lol:

I did plan to study again but baby keeps me busy:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Hopefully soon:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
2nd December 2008, 22:28
Im an education graduate with master's degree I tried applying for a teaching assistant post but no luck:bigcry: I am working now in a retail shop:icon_lol:. For exposure of a uk life:xxgrinning--00xx3: I did enjoy it :Erm::NoNo::icon_lol:

I did plan to study again but baby keeps me busy:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Hopefully soon:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

yep hehe.. same as Miss Penny lol... it happens to a lot of us... but there is no keeping us to study AGAIN (might be easier this time coz u have undergone the training/schooling before).

what's ur specializatipn? elementary? secondary or others hehe.. MA'AM! :D

pennybarry
6th December 2008, 12:07
yep hehe.. same as Miss Penny lol... it happens to a lot of us... but there is no keeping us to study AGAIN (might be easier this time coz u have undergone the training/schooling before).

what's ur specializatipn? elementary? secondary or others hehe.. MA'AM! :D

Is that me Ms J&Z? :D Yes I will not stop studying although I'm already in my 40's:Brick: . I feel I really need to study more to gain more knowledge about computer and accounting:xxgrinning--00xx3:.
It is really hard to study if you have no BUDGET, NO TIME, AND NO CAR. As in my place our local college is quite far. I work fulltime and hard to be a working student :omg:Sometimes I feel I want to give up but NO! I want to learn more:Hellooo: Thanks I have my Mom here who pays my schooling and Dad who always drop me and pick me up at school. :BouncyHappy: