PDA

View Full Version : Civil Partnership Visa

jta
10th December 2008, 11:54
hi Fhars, u can get it from Home Office.Try to phone them and ask the process and they will send u the application form.

anngrimes78@msn
11th December 2008, 01:08
home office did send the COA form after i rang them, it will cost you £200 for the application.
birth certificate is a requirement and u need photos of yourself and your partner.
i did wait for 2-3 weeks before i got the approval.
then its done.
you just need to bring that COA letter to book for an appointment with the civil registry office.
then off you go...

joebloggs
11th December 2008, 12:06
civil one is for same sex partners

unmarried partner visa - but you need to have been living together at least 2years :doh

things not looking good fhars ? you seem to be panicking :yikes:

joebloggs
12th December 2008, 12:09
dec 09 :Erm:

and where will you be til then :Erm:

in other words, COA is not a visa, you will have to leave the uk, unless you can switch to another visa or find a job..

joebloggs
12th December 2008, 12:33
i think your too late, a while a go you could only get a COA if you had i think it was 6 months still left on your visa, but there has been court cases concerning COA's so i don t know anymore..

but by the time you get a COA it could be weeks, and then get married and apply for a spouses visa from uk, could take a year to process it ! then maybe refused,,

better going to phils and applying for spouse visa..

ask cab or your local law centre, but i think there not much you can do..

dondi
13th December 2008, 13:28
Here's what I did to obtain a COA..

I was on a student visa when I applied. That time, they required applicants to have at least 3 months valid visa before they can be considered. I had 4 months then and applied by post. I was granted COA in 2 weeks. I then used it to register our intent to form a civil partnership.

Once registered, we had to wait around 15 days before the civil partnership ceremony can take place. I think this is a requirement for all who are intending to get married or form a civil partnership.

After the 15 days window, we had our ceremony and received our civil partnership certificate. I used this certificate for my application under the spouse/civil partnership route.

The requirement to have at least 3 months valid visa before applying for COA is important because this is the time when you will have to do the process above until you apply for your spouse/civil partnership visa. Failure to do this means that your visa may expire and therefore you have to apply from your home country.

I'm not sure now if the same procedures apply.. check the BIA website.

joebloggs
13th December 2008, 14:07
I used this certificate for my application under the spouse/civil partnership route.

did you get FLR ? and if you did how long did it take ? did you have to leave the uk ?

also a problem for fhars you need evidence of 'a relationship similar to a marriage and must have existed for two or more years' :doh

simplelife
13th December 2008, 14:19
Is this means that somone even on a student visa can get married in th UK?