PDA

View Full Version : One little question

devin33
11th December 2008, 15:46
My wife and I are going apply for the 2 year extension visa later this month. We were wondering if she is allowed to travel outside the UK i.e. a holiday?

Thanks
Scott

Mrs Daddy
11th December 2008, 18:29
am afraid not coz the HO will hold her passport till the verdict comes for her visa.hope that helps!

keithAngel
11th December 2008, 19:55
Devin did you mean in the immediate future or longer term after the visa is granted?:Erm:

KeithD
11th December 2008, 20:06
Devin did you mean in the immediate future or longer term after the visa is granted?:Erm:
Yes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
11th December 2008, 20:11
I take it by two year extension you mean ILR. With ILR, once she has it, she will still need a Schengan visa for all of the main European and many other countries like Turkey etc. Do a search on here for Schengen visa, I think there's a link to a website that will tell you exactly which countries she can travel to and the travel conditions.
Iain.

benb
11th December 2008, 20:59
My wife and I are going apply for the 2 year extension visa later this month. We were wondering if she is allowed to travel outside the UK i.e. a holiday?

Thanks
Scott

She can travel with a passport and visa where required.

Cheers

devin33
11th December 2008, 22:06
Thanks for the feedback folks.

One thing about the Schengen visa, it has to be in person... by the look of it we would have a 1200 mile round trip to London! Or..perhaps we could visit an Edinburgh Consulate?