PDA

View Full Version : New Application for NI

jta
14th December 2008, 23:21
Hi guys,

For newly applied NI, did u have had interviews? I went to Jobcentreplus to apply for NI and they gave me tel nos. to be contacted then they asked few questions over the phone. Week later I received the application form which I sent back to them in Glasgow with photocopies of my passport and visa..it's 11 days now, and i wonder if they will still call me for interview or they will send the NI card? I want to contact them but like to hear your experiences here 1st. thanks..

joebloggs
14th December 2008, 23:35
my misses was asked to go for an interview, i don't recall anyone getting a NI without an interview to prevent fraud :Erm:

Mrs Daddy
15th December 2008, 00:04
I absolutely agree to that:D

vbkelly
15th December 2008, 00:43
Hi guys,

For newly applied NI, did u have had interviews? I went to Jobcentreplus to apply for NI and they gave me tel nos. to be contacted then they asked few questions over the phone. Week later I received the application form which I sent back to them in Glasgow with photocopies of my passport and visa..it's 11 days now, and i wonder if they will still call me for interview or they will send the NI card? I want to contact them but like to hear your experiences here 1st. thanks..

just phone them and arrange the date of your interview and they send you a confirmation letter and the list of documents you need.

whiteraven
15th December 2008, 09:08
my late wife was american and we definitely went for an interview. you should get an appointment by letter but could be some distance from where you live as we found out. the process is simple if you have all of the information they need and only took two weeks to get her card in the post.

jta
15th December 2008, 12:29
thanks for the information guys...yes i should have interview same with all applicants and I wonder why they process NI that far in Glasgow, anyway i will phone them to see the status of my application.

jta
15th December 2008, 17:08
i called them just now, they said NI card is on the way posted it on 12th dec..hmmm strange no interview? i guess i must be lucky and i am happy as well just this afternoon somebody phone me and told that i am accepted for the part time job i applied. atleast i have now stepping stone for moving forward here rather than stock at home, i have now a chance of gaining more friends, knowing well the place, adjusting and coping the weather...i'm laughing when my employer told me over the phone that out of 10 applicants she likes me because i made her laugh..???? maybe im funny looking...hehehe

DaveyWallis
18th December 2008, 19:05
Just to let you know that Grace phoned the NI people who sent an application form which arrived a few days following the call. The form was completed and returned last week and she got her NI number today - no interview.

The application form for a job at Tesco will be submitted in the New Year. (It would go in now but we were advised to wait until the New Year as it is likely that they would mis-place it!)

Andy

cheesewiz
18th December 2008, 23:07
when I applied for my NI (my company actually on my behalf) they said every applicant who wants NI need to go in person for interview. May be the rules change again:Erm: or bec they want everyone working as the govt need fund desperately.

jta
19th December 2008, 13:21
it seems to me that they change the rule, i received confirmation letter yesterday and they stated my NI No.in it but they said NI card will follow in 6 to 8 weeks.

whiteraven
21st December 2008, 15:58
well it least5 it will make it easier when my new wife gets here:BouncyHappy:

johncar54
21st December 2008, 16:18
WE live in Spain. When we arrived here, after marrying in Phil, all I did was send them a copy of our marriage cert from Phil. My wife was issued with a Nat Ins No. and I immediately got an addition to my OAP and the British Gov started paying the Spanish Medical service for her medical cover.

After all she is not allowed to visit UK without a visa and all the hassle that entails, so as far as we are concerned the UK Gov can go *++++***** (opps nearly used a bad word) themselves !!!