PDA

View Full Version : Is this a natural feeling?

Ady
16th December 2008, 17:08
Since we applied for the fiance, I am so nervous. Even getting a bit negative too, thinking through our application. It seems that every day there is a different area that makes me concerned. I am not a confident person, and I always have this trait of preparing for the worse. It drives Shei mad lol.

I am thinking one day, will it be a big problem because we included her daughter too - even she has sole responsibility? The next day I am thinking about my finances. Then I think about the fact she is annulled. Were our communications enough? Did I give her enough financial support?

I just seem to feel that, despite doing everything by the book, they will find some innocuous reason to refuse us. We included some extra things in the application, like a legal document from her attourney about her daughter. I just remember the time our VV was refused, and I remember that some of the reasons were that the extra info we provided was misinterpreted. I get excited to think of them both being here, and that we can go on trips, and I can start to enjoy my life as it should be enjoyed. I just find the whole process is getting me down now, and around the corner what if we were refused? I am thinking, how can I lift her, and lift myself.

In the cold light, we have good finances, accommodation, a wedding reception booked. I have a good career here, so moving to the Phils would be a bad move for me as I am only 32 and not ready to retire yet, and get a good wage here now (touch wood).

Sorry to come across all negative, or depressive. Is this a normal feeling? Or am I getting a sixth sense that things may not go well?

ginapeterb
16th December 2008, 18:23
Its a BLIP on your life mate, everyone goes through this, you will bite your nails a bit until the decision is made, waiting for visa decisions is a life changing event, everyone feels nervous, I know I did, when i look back I laugh about it all now, all that aggravation, and these days, people don't even have interviews, some are lucky and never see the BRITISH EMBASSY.

Back in our day, we all used to wait outside and nip around the back of the old Embassy location for a coffee, ask Rob he will tell you, remember the coffee shop around the back of the LV Locsin building, the coffee was kind of crap if i remember rightly, those were the days, since then thousands have got their visa decisions in the positive.

As I said, your right to feel that everything in your application is a problem, but trust me in a few weeks, you will be looking back and laughing about all of it.

Right now, you just have to say Bahala na "!

Best wishes.

Pete

Mrs Daddy
16th December 2008, 18:50
dont worry to much ady:)you are still normal for sure:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

simplelife
16th December 2008, 22:16
Hi Ady, feeling nervous about visa application, I think everyone does.

I remember the first time I applied for VV, it was really stressful. It took few weeks before the Embassy call me for interview, but glad the ECO who interviewed me was a nice guy and it was successful.

Then the second time, we were both confident, but after few weeks I got refused application, luckily after my Fiance spoke to the Embassy and faxed additional papers they overturned their decision and I got my visa.

On the third time, we were so nervous and really worried because of the previous experienced, BUT we were both surprised because after 11 days the Embassy granted my visa without interview.! Thy sent me my visa few days before Christmas.!

Now, even I haven`t lodge my application yet, we already feel nervous, I thought sometimes the ECO decides based on which side of the bed they get up that day. But just make sure you have enough papers and ready to deal with them and you will get them to overturned their decision. My Fiance is a figther and that I was truly amazed he even get his MP informed about our situation when I got refused application. But luckily before the MP do something about it my Fiance managed to get the result we wanted.

Dont worry Im sure your Fiancee will get her visa soon, who knows it might be the best Christmas presents ever for both of you this year.!

Goodluck.

somebody
16th December 2008, 23:55
Totally normal you could have been talking about anyone of us Brit blokes or ladies on here.

Then soon you will leap though the ceilling when you get the call text email or smoke signal that all is well and shes has been granted her Visa.

So worth keeping a crash helment nearby and/or putting some padding on the ceilling under your TV and Phone area.

Mrs.JMajor
17th December 2008, 00:02
Believe me my friend,U will have it granted:xxgrinning--00xx3: (angel tongue) What more can the ECO ask for w/ your 15 kilos of documents you presented to them :icon_lol:

adam&chryss
17th December 2008, 07:01
Since we applied for the fiance, I am so nervous. Even getting a bit negative too, thinking through our application. It seems that every day there is a different area that makes me concerned. I am not a confident person, and I always have this trait of preparing for the worse. It drives Shei mad lol.

I am thinking one day, will it be a big problem because we included her daughter too - even she has sole responsibility? The next day I am thinking about my finances. Then I think about the fact she is annulled. Were our communications enough? Did I give her enough financial support?

I just seem to feel that, despite doing everything by the book, they will find some innocuous reason to refuse us. We included some extra things in the application, like a legal document from her attourney about her daughter. I just remember the time our VV was refused, and I remember that some of the reasons were that the extra info we provided was misinterpreted. I get excited to think of them both being here, and that we can go on trips, and I can start to enjoy my life as it should be enjoyed. I just find the whole process is getting me down now, and around the corner what if we were refused? I am thinking, how can I lift her, and lift myself.

In the cold light, we have good finances, accommodation, a wedding reception booked. I have a good career here, so moving to the Phils would be a bad move for me as I am only 32 and not ready to retire yet, and get a good wage here now (touch wood).

Sorry to come across all negative, or depressive. Is this a normal feeling? Or am I getting a sixth sense that things may not go well?

you're not alone ady... always thinking about my son's visa included in my spouse visa. as for u, u have legal documents showing sole responsibilty of ur fiancee for her daughter... me i only submitted pictures (me and my son) and his school credentials, plus letter of support/consent from me and my mother. didn't provide a letter from his father for i haven't knew his whereabouts. just hope and pray that everything goes well, soon... :)

goodluck to all of us waiting for our visa to be granted :)