PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone.

wiggs
21st December 2008, 11:04
:Hellooo: Hi everyone my name is Andrew from London, hope to make new friend on Filipino UK forum and get some advice.Great threads and post plenty to read.Thanks to you all.

aromulus
21st December 2008, 11:10
:Hellooo: Hi everyone my name is Andrew from London, hope to make new friend on Filipino UK forum and get some advice.Great threads and post plenty to read.Thanks to you all.

Welcome aboard, please tell us a bit more about yourself....:Erm:

whiteraven
21st December 2008, 11:28
welcome to the best website in the uk:Cuckoo: are you from uk or phil?

alicat
21st December 2008, 11:59
welcome to the forum.

wiggs
21st December 2008, 12:25
Well I'm 44 years old worked 15 years in the NHS as a security guard,have had custody of my 3 year old son for the past 2 years.very hard work i take my hat of to all those Lady's who do it on there own.Anyway went to the philippines for a holiday in October spent 3 weeks in Angeles city best time of my life.OOH no i hear you say,yes i feel in love with a bar girl on my second day spent my hole time with her day and night for the 3 weeks.we both fell in love.Told her if were going to have a relationship she would have to give up working in the bar she agreed,came back to England 5th November and found out i have been made redundant.:Brick:A couple of days later i phone Ariane and tell her the bad news:big cry:.I phone her every day using the £5 zero zero phone card getting 300minits a card.On the the 13th November i phone her and she tells me shes left the bar and got a job as a care helper for a friend of her auntie and that what they will do is pay her school fee to attend a computer course and give her a small salary at the end of each month.now i have a friend that lives over there who i have been keeping in contact with and he told me the same she no longer works in the bar.As I've said i phone every day different times of the day and night and she has always answered the phone and as of yet i haven't seen any red flags.we plane on getting engaged next year if all works out around July August time when i go back although she doesnt know ill be coming over at that time.Do you think a bar-girl can change shes only been working in the bars for a period of 6 months.Right ladies and gents give to me be it good or bad your thought and opinions.

wiggs
21st December 2008, 12:29
welcome to the best website in the uk:Cuckoo: are you from uk or phil?

Hi there whiteraven i from the UK. West London but now living in NW

acs
21st December 2008, 12:33
Welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

aromulus
21st December 2008, 12:44
ao you think a bar-girl can change shes only been working in the bars for a period of 6 months.Right ladies and gents give to me be it good or bad your thought and opinions.

A bit early to express opinions I guess, as I am a firm believer that there is always hope for redemption.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

On the old ASAWA site, there were a couple of yanks which recounted their experiences and marriages with ex bar girls, but as they have been offline for a couple of years I haven't been able to follow up.:Erm:

As you say yourself, you seem to have the situation under control for now, keep a finger on the pulse and eyes wide open for small red flags.

All I can do is wish you good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
21st December 2008, 12:49
Hi wiggs, welcome to the forum ,about your love life,go on ,and carry on on w/ your plan that you are coming and surprise her , on that case you can check her whether she just change the location of the bar and your friend just didn't find her on the same place :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

kidding aside,just keep in touch to her so if things goes well,who knows :rolleyes:

mavid
21st December 2008, 12:52
Welcome to the forum!

Ana_may365
21st December 2008, 14:32
hiya!welcome to the forum:D

Ann07
21st December 2008, 16:26
Welcome To The Forum.
:)

Mrs Daddy
21st December 2008, 16:48
welcome to the forum andrew:)its all up to you mate...if you think she is the one then go for it follow your heart:)

PeterB
21st December 2008, 17:02
Do you think a bar-girl can change...

Yes, certainly! We have friends here - American and Filipina. They met in the bar in Angeles, where she was working. They've been together for about three years, and are now here in Mindanao, intending to marry soon.

Frances
21st December 2008, 17:14
hello there welcome to the forum!

kimmi
21st December 2008, 19:19
hi Wiggs,

first welcome to the forum and am glad that u had a superb holiday when u're in the Philippines..

IMHO, I think it is better to give her the benefit of the doubt..For me, there's no problem if u're a bar girl as long as u know ur limits..and isn't when u told her to find another job,she followed u and now worked as a carer??

For now, just enjoy the relationship and get to know each other very well..

Goodluck and HAppy Christmas..:)

wiggs
21st December 2008, 19:21
Thanks everyone for your advice and support trust me its needed,as we are so far apart it a little hard sitting hear thinking of the bad that can come out of this situation.But trust has to do with a lot of it so ill just have to do that,Thanks again.

tiN
21st December 2008, 21:33
welcome to the forum :)

Paul and tin

PeterB
22nd December 2008, 03:04
... as we are so far apart it a little hard sitting hear thinking of the bad that can come out of this situation.But trust has to do with a lot of it...

I think that it is true of almost all LDRs - many if us have been there. I guess it's just a little bit worse when your girl has been working in the bar.

simplelife
22nd December 2008, 03:53

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the Forum..:Hellooo::Hellooo: and its good to hear about your fabulous holiday here with your girlfriend.

In a long distance relationships trust and honesty is what matters most. You said your GF is an ex-Bar girl, you chose her so you have to accept her as she is, but as you said she already change her career, so its best for you to leave all her past behind. Important is the present and the future.
Good luck to you.

PAT
22nd December 2008, 05:40
Welcome aboard wiggs.!... Yes, follow your heart but just keep your mind and eyes open. Long distance relationships is not easy, you have to deal with your own self. You and your girl should know in-depth value of trust,honesty and patience.... its not really easy,good luck.

Alan
22nd December 2008, 11:04
Hi Wiggs - welcome and merry Christmas.

Al.:)

miayela
22nd December 2008, 11:54
Welcome to the forum Andrew good to hear you enjoy your stay here in the Philippines.

The best advice i can give you is to give yourself a chance to get to know the girl very well especially if you want to be with her..
Honesty and trust is the best foundation of a relationship to work so its best to be open with her, speak to her whats on your mind and heart and let her understand the reason why you want her to quit working.

Happy Christmas:)

Mrs Daddy
22nd December 2008, 12:08

just think of a pretty woman movie andrew and consider it as you:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
22nd December 2008, 13:03
just think of a pretty woman movie andrew and consider it as you:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

and your girl is Julia Roberts .....one of my fav movies " Pretty Woman ".

adam&chryss
22nd December 2008, 14:23
welcome to the forum andrew :Hellooo:

i'm from pampanga also very close in angeles city (just 2 minutes away):D

chryss

PeterB
22nd December 2008, 15:34
.....one of my fav movies " Pretty Woman ".

Me too - only beaten by Notting Hill!

vbkelly
22nd December 2008, 16:52
Originally Posted by wiggs

yeah she might change if she can find a man who love her and trust her doesn't matter if she is a bar girl

PAT
22nd December 2008, 17:42
Originally Posted by wiggs

Yes, for LOVE.... just show how much you love and trust her :)

ANDRES25
22nd December 2008, 19:49
I AGREE TO WHAT EVERYONE said here... Good luck ANDREW! my husband's name is Andrew too.

nigel
22nd December 2008, 20:26
You'll work things out Andrew!:xxgrinning--00xx3: When you become interested in a filipina girl for marriage, you get all the comments like.."She's just using you to get a visa!...She will divorce you right away!" - IGNORE it all pal! :xxgrinning--00xx3: People know too little and talk too much!:Cuckoo:

wiggs
22nd December 2008, 20:47
Welcome to the forum Andrew good to hear you enjoy your stay here in the Philippines.
so its best to be open with her, speak to her whats on your mind and heart and let her understand the reason why you want her to quit working.

Happy Christmas:)

H miayela thanks for your advice,yes i have spoken to her stating i want her to stop working in the bar and she has. It was about 2weeks later she found a job as a carer,

wiggs
22nd December 2008, 20:52

Hi Mrs Daddy, I wouldn't mind having the same amount of money he had that's for sure,Thanks for the reassurance.

wiggs
22nd December 2008, 20:54
welcome to the forum andrew :Hellooo:

i'm from pampanga also very close in angeles city (just 2 minutes away):D

chryss

I Was walking around with a grin that size everyday.:D:D:BouncyHappy:

wiggs
22nd December 2008, 21:03
Thanks to everyone who posted there comments::How do i feel 100% better.thanks again Andrew.:smileybigtmouth:

wiggs
22nd December 2008, 22:43
You'll work things out Andrew!:xxgrinning--00xx3: When you become interested in a filipina girl for marriage, you get all the comments like.."She's just using you to get a visa!...She will divorce you right away!" - IGNORE it all pal! :xxgrinning--00xx3: People know too little and talk too much!:Cuckoo:

Thanks Nigel yes i no ill get comments like that,and it could happen? but then again the same could be said for any women from any other country coming to the UK .Anyway what they don't know is that until you try a women from the philippines you don't know what you have been missing.Ive read up on many forums about the country and the women there and its all true the way my g/f treated me for the 3 weeks i was there and not just the s-- but every other thing that goes with a relationship :love:. has put all the other nationalities to sham. trust me I've tried them.:NoNo::NoNo::

simplicity
24th December 2008, 08:58
Well I'm 44 years old worked 15 years in the NHS as a security guard,have had custody of my 3 year old son for the past 2 years.very hard work i take my hat of to all those Lady's who do it on there own.Anyway went to the philippines for a holiday in October spent 3 weeks in Angeles city best time of my life.OOH no i hear you say,yes i feel in love with a bar girl on my second day spent my hole time with her day and night for the 3 weeks.we both fell in love.Told her if were going to have a relationship she would have to give up working in the bar she agreed,came back to England 5th November and found out i have been made redundant.:Brick:A couple of days later i phone Ariane and tell her the bad news:big cry:.I phone her every day using the £5 zero zero phone card getting 300minits a card.On the the 13th November i phone her and she tells me shes left the bar and got a job as a care helper for a friend of her auntie and that what they will do is pay her school fee to attend a computer course and give her a small salary at the end of each month.now i have a friend that lives over there who i have been keeping in contact with and he told me the same she no longer works in the bar.As I've said i phone every day different times of the day and night and she has always answered the phone and as of yet i haven't seen any red flags.we plane on getting engaged next year if all works out around July August time when i go back although she doesnt know ill be coming over at that time.Do you think a bar-girl can change shes only been working in the bars for a period of 6 months.Right ladies and gents give to me be it good or bad your thought and opinions.

Nobody is perfect in this world. Give her a chance to change and to follow the good way of life...God is helping her through you, so that she will become a better person and a good wife for you in the future.:)God Bless you!!! and wishing a Blessed Christmas to everyone!!!:BouncyHappy:

aposhark
24th December 2008, 09:41
[QUOTE=wiggs;103700]Do you think a bar-girl can change shes only been working in the bars for a period of 6 months......[QUOTE]

Of course bar girls can change, if there's a good enough reason to.
I met many men in the oil business who married bar girls, most relationships worked out but some didn't.
Just be circumspect for a while and don't send too much money until you are satisfied it is for real.
I hope it works out for you in this cynical world of ours.