PDA

View Full Version : Spouse visa application

TONY73
22nd December 2008, 16:53
Please could anyone give me some advice ?
my wife submitted our application on 18th december and i am
now aware it has been forwarded to the British high commission.

Is it possible at this stage to add to our application ?
i now have a suppoting letter from my mp which i did not
think i would receive so quickly.
we believe we have a strong case but can i still add the letter ?

i hope somebody can help us

ANDRES25
22nd December 2008, 19:41
Hi Tony73, I have also submitted my spouse visa application on 18th December! but I am afraid I can't answer your question. Hope your wife and I get our visa soon!

darren-b
22nd December 2008, 20:15
If you've got a strong case then I really don't think you've got any need to add the letter to your application.

Just make sure your wife has the letter so she can take it with her if she is unfortunate enough to get called for an interview.

joebloggs
22nd December 2008, 21:47
I don't think the letter from your MP would make much difference if any at all, as long as you have a place to live for her without overcrowding, you have finances (job/savings) to support her so she will not need recourse to public funds, and you have evidence of a genuine relationship with her, then i don't see how your MP's letter of support would help, what support can he offer :Erm:

Sangoma
22nd December 2008, 22:38
I don't think the letter from your MP would make much difference if any at all, as long as you have a place to live for her without overcrowding, you have finances (job/savings) to support her so she will not need recourse to public funds, and you have evidence of a genuine relationship with her, then i don't see how your MP's letter of support would help, what support can he offer :Erm:

I would agree, in fact, offering a letter from an MP may give the impression that some criteria are not being met, and encourage them to look into details more closely. An MPs letter would only really be of help if it had to go to appeal.

You don't need to present a strong case, you just need to meet the set criteria (at the moment).
Supply the required documents fully.

Our experince with the embassy was good. They were polite, open and helpful, and went out of their way to help.

Of course this is based on the info you gave, maybe there is a reason you did not mention, but if that were the case, I think they would have expected you to not submit the application until you had everything you wanted to submit.

Mrs.JMajor
23rd December 2008, 02:22
Just give the letter to your wife,and for sure the application of spouse are more high of percentage to be grant,so don't worry too much and if they are not satisfied in your documents they will ask your wife for interview then ask her to bring those documents that u forgot to include

Sconnie
23rd December 2008, 12:55
Please could anyone give me some advice ?
my wife submitted our application on 18th december and i am
now aware it has been forwarded to the British high commission.

Is it possible at this stage to add to our application ?
i now have a suppoting letter from my mp which i did not
think i would receive so quickly.
we believe we have a strong case but can i still add the letter ?

i hope somebody can help us

"I don't think the letter from your MP would make much difference if any at all",

I agree with joebloggs here, the letter is not necessary if you fulfill all of the requirements, be patient now and I am sure your visa will be granted

joroco
23rd December 2008, 22:54
Cristina has been here four months on a spouse visa. Now her sister would like to have a holiday here for maybe up to a month. Advice please on requirements or problems that we may incur. Thanks.

TONY73
24th December 2008, 07:18
ok thanks everyone !
i will just send her the letter if in case she may need an interview.

if they do not interview her will this be a very positive sign that we will be successful ?

i think we meet all the requirements,weve only spent 3 weeks together in the flesh but we have all the evidences of regular contact

joebloggs
24th December 2008, 07:35
most people get their visa without an interview these days, mainly because they don't want people coming to the embassy,a small number are asked to attend an interview, some appear to be just at random, others are asked to bring more information or to clarify something, but even then many who go for an interview are told they have their visa straight after the interview..

so don't worry if you don't get called for one, and don't worry too much if you do :doh

on here i would say 95%+ of people are successful at getting their fiancée or spouse visa, just provide the information your asked for and read the forum for tips and advice, and you should not fail :xxgrinning--00xx3:

TONY73
24th December 2008, 07:54
ok thank you for that advice.

will it go against us the fact we have only spent 3 weeks together in the Philippines,
we have all the other evidence of regular contact before and after my visit

darren-b
24th December 2008, 08:02

will it go against us the fact we have only spent 3 weeks together in the Philippines,

It shouldn't do - I personally know someone who was granted a fiancee visa and they had only spent less than two weeks together.

TONY73
24th December 2008, 08:26
It shouldn't do - I personally know someone who was granted a fiancee visa and they had only spent less than two weeks together.

thanks for that,its just so expensive to go over to the Philippines
and i can only have so many days off from work.
i would have travelled more times but its time and money,
thanks for your help !

mavid
24th December 2008, 18:49

I have a friend, they only spent 3 weeks together here in the Philippines....She's already in the UK now, less than a week.

Congratulations to Judy & Shaun!

TONY73
26th December 2008, 10:37
I have a friend, they only spent 3 weeks together here in the Philippines....She's already in the UK now, less than a week.

Congratulations to Judy & Shaun!

Thank you !
its good to hear these positive comments !

God bless everyone !

TONY73
27th December 2008, 15:56
Just one more question people.
How will they judge finances?
Basically i only have between £50 and £100 spare each month,
it is just so expensive living alone at the moment.
i have about £1200 saved in my account,
please tell me what are your experiences with the British embassy and knowledge regarding finances?

Thanks
God bless all !

socool007
27th December 2008, 18:07
Best of luck. We put our visa in on 29th oct, so i know how you feel.

joebloggs
27th December 2008, 23:22
Just one more question people.
How will they judge finances?
Basically i only have between £50 and £100 spare each month,
it is just so expensive living alone at the moment.
i have about £1200 saved in my account,
please tell me what are your experiences with the British embassy and knowledge regarding finances?

Thanks
God bless all !

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter9#point%20three

There is no explicit minimum figure for what represents sufficient maintenance. However, in 2006 UKAIT KA and Others (Pakistan), the AIT strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that that were less than the Income Support level for a British Family of that size (See Paragraph 8 of the determination - available on the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal website). If it is more likely than not that the total amount that the applicant and sponsor will have to live on will be below what the income support level would be for a British family of that size, then it may be appropriate to refuse the application on maintenance and accommodation grounds.

so roughly the minimum your looking at is £95 left a week for you both after you've deducted money for bills from the income.

this is only a rough guide, i can not tell you if you will be granted a visa, with btw £50-£100 a month left over and £1,200 savings, but some .people have got a visa with no savings and while being on benefits. at least you have a job? and some savings, i hope you will :xxgrinning--00xx3:, but with a bit more planning you could have increased your chances :rolleyes:

TONY73
29th December 2008, 11:25
Thanks for that,still a bit nervous though !

Mrs.JMajor
29th December 2008, 13:43
No,come on Tony,don't let worries/nervous get over you, you will have it ! and besides that is spouse visa though,more better than fiancee

TONY73
29th December 2008, 16:34
No,come on Tony,don't let worries/nervous get over you, you will have it ! and besides that is spouse visa though,more better than fiancee

Thank you for the encouragement,i really appriciate it !

All we hear is doom and gloom here in Uk at the moment !
Many jobs being lost and living costs rising,it can have
a negative effect on your mind.
I Know we will be together again somewhere/someday,
I Believe God can help us and will help us !
Keep us in your prayers,we should know the decision in early march.

God bless everyone !

Mrs.JMajor
30th December 2008, 03:06
Thank you for the encouragement,i really appriciate it !I Believe God can help us and will help us !

its just that Keith says "god is not working on the British embassy in manila" :icon_lol: it was the ECO:doh

We wish u all the best under the sun Tony,:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

PAT
30th December 2008, 03:06

I am also worried about the time my fiance and I spent together during our holiday in Singapore. We supposed to stay 20 days there together but i was late for 8 days for having no letter of invitation from my fiance and no travel order from my work department. We were not thinking about this papers since its only tourist and not related to my work. I also have my leave of absence.

I agree with Mrs.JMajor said about "under the table" for some immi officer coz when i got all the docs needed after 8 days and went to NAIA, the only docs the immi officer asked was the reservation of the hotel where i stay ( not the same officer ).... so sad and its what makes me worry now.

TONY73
31st December 2008, 19:07
Keep positive everyone !
2009 will be a good year !

Shayla
14th January 2009, 02:20
Hi Tony73, I have also submitted my spouse visa application on 18th December! but I am afraid I can't answer your question. Hope your wife and I get our visa soon!

Good day!

I just want to ask if you applied a spouse visa last year which is December 18 2008 cos I lodged my application as spouse too and that was Nov 24 2008 and still waiting for the result.My application is more than 7 weeks now. How about yours? Any result yet?. Thank you!

Bluebirdjones
15th January 2009, 15:55
Is it neccessary, or a good idea for my fiancee a submit a medical certificate with all the other paperwork ?

Much appreciate all the advice, comments so far received & researched on here.

Marc