PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

shadow
23rd December 2008, 00:32
Hello, Just found this forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Alan and I live near Durham City, been chating to a lady in the Philippines for just over a year now. I feel now might be the best time to meet and just wondered if I should visit The philippines or invite my lady friend to visit me here first in the UK and if so whats invoved. What sort of visa would she need, How long could she stay in the UK and as I would be footing the Bill how much might it cost?

Regards

Alan

Mrs.JMajor
23rd December 2008, 01:14
welcome Alan,not easy for us to obtain a visit visa,that is for sure its like a lottery, but its not expensive ,cost of 6000 pesos or round off by 60GBP,
If possible go visit her first,at least u able to have holiday in PI and know her well,meet her family as well

Goodluck to you

joebloggs
23rd December 2008, 01:50
as Mrs.JMajor said its better you go and meet your lady, you don't need a visa unless your staying longer than 3wks:Erm: if i remember correctly. also meet her family, and see the countries many great sites and culture :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it would be more difficult for her to visit you, only way would be a visit visa, most are refused, if she was granted one, she could stay for upto 6 months, but you would have to consider whether it would be safe and wise for her to visit a country 6000 miles away and stay with someone she has never physically meet, and im' sure her family would not be too happy about her going :Erm:

go for a hol, meet your lady, and i'm sure you will be going back again within 6 months, you will not regret it :xxgrinning--00xx3:, the only regret is 13hr+ flight :doh

PAT
23rd December 2008, 04:31
Hello shadow and welcome...Mrs.JMajor and joebloggs are right. My fiance and I tried it before. Applying visit visa with out meeting her first in person has no chance at all. Whatever your reasons in your application will be used against you. Go and meet her is the best way before applying VV or fiance visa. Good luck.

simplelife
23rd December 2008, 05:21
Hi Alan, welcome to the forum.

Even you`ve been chatting online for over a year, its still best to come here first to meet her in person and also her family.

Then if you meet all the requirements and she have enough evidence to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that she will go back to the Philippines at end of her visa, I am sure she will get a successful visitor visa application.

Or if then after you see each other and decided to get married then she can apply for a Fiancee visa to come to UK.

Best wishes to both of you and Have a Merry Christmas.

Ana_may365
23rd December 2008, 07:01
hiya!alan,me and hubby leave in durham[ferryhill]and have been coming to phils for the last 6 years.we are here at the moment and return to uk on 21st jan.09.
our advice to u would be to definately go to phils on a holiday first and meet the lady and her family,etc,etc and see how u get on.u will not regret going to phils as they are friendly [like me coz im a pilipina:D]people and plenty of things or place to visit.

PeterB
23rd December 2008, 16:55
As others have said, a visit visa is almost impossible for a filipina. She would have to convince the authorities that she would not overstay in UK and that she would not need to be in receipt of any state funding during her stay.

Much better to come here and visit - you will almost certainly enjoy your stay here. Yes, you can stay for up to 21 days without a visa but, even if you don't obtain a visa before you leave UK, it is very easy to extend your permitted stay once you are here. Whereabouts does your lady friend live?

Read through past postings in the forum to find a lot more advice - such as: Don't consider bringing Traveller's Cheques. Don't even buy pesos in the UK - the exchange rate will be very poor. Bring sterling cash - there are money changers everywhere, giving better rate of exchange, and bring your debit card (preferably a Nationwide card) - you can draw from most ATMs.

Sim11UK
23rd December 2008, 17:26
Definately go over there, you wont regret it...Just book a flight & go. It really is that simple. The journey is long, but it's ok...Maybe you will need to get a domestic flight too?
Don't even consider, bringing her over for your first meet. Visas etc. are too complicated.

Go over & get a feel for the place. You'll fall in love with Country, like the rest of us.
Don't be daunted by it, the people are lovely & it's so easy to get about.

Been twice myself, this year. :)

Sim11UK
23rd December 2008, 17:32
Perhaps I should add, make sure your vaccinations are up to date, before you go. :)

shadow
23rd December 2008, 19:30
Hi and thank you all for the fast response to my question, its a great help. My girlfriend lives in Mana pepang village Surigao City.

Merry Xmas to you all

Alan

nigel
23rd December 2008, 21:16
Bring her here and miss your chance to go to Philly???:yikes: Philippines is a great place! Book your ticket now dude!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
24th December 2008, 02:41
My girlfriend lives in Mana pepang village Surigao City.

Okay - I guess that one of the things which might be putting you off from coming is the Home Office advice for us not to travel to Mindanao. That advice is so unhelpful because Mindanao is a very large island and the trouble spots are fairly well contained.

I've not been up to Surigao yet, but I've been living in the North Davao area for a year now, and have driven south to beyond GenSan. I believe that Surigao is a peaceful area.

tiN
24th December 2008, 07:36
welcome to the forum :)

mavid
24th December 2008, 08:00
Welcome to the Forum! Surigao is a very nice place.

aposhark
24th December 2008, 10:07
welcome Alan,not easy for us to obtain a visit visa,that is for sure its like a lottery, but its not expensive ,cost of 6000 pesos or round off by 60GBP,
If possible go visit her first,at least u able to have holiday in PI and know her well,meet her family as well

Goodluck to you

I agree 100% with Mrs.JMajor :)
Prepare to be bowled over by a Filipina's charms :Rasp: (There are so many:BouncyHappy:)

jbt
27th December 2008, 05:52
hello,welcome to the forum:BouncyHappy: