PDA

View Full Version : hOW LONG CAN YOU SPEND OUT OF THE uk?

scott&ligaya
26th December 2008, 13:15
my honey is on a spouse visa and wants to go to home for a couple of months in February/March, does anyone know how long she can spend out of the UK when she is on a spouse visa

thanks in advance

and happy new year:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
26th December 2008, 13:23
hOW LONG CAN YOU SPEND OUT OF THE uk?

:Erm: Depends on how long I'm dead for!

joebloggs
26th December 2008, 14:09
i don't think there is no maximum number of days, i think its at the discretion of the case worker.

but looking at the requirements for naturalization.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

it states,

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

so you can not spend more than 270 days out of the uk in the last 3 yrs, and no more than 90 days out of the last yr, so looking at this i would say upto 90 days in a year should be ok, but be on the safe side 60 or so in any year..

so you should have no problems for a couple of months, but don't go over 3 months in a year, it's not worth the trouble and problems you could face

vbkelly
26th December 2008, 17:08
i don't think there is no maximum number of days, i think its at the discretion of the case worker.

but looking at the requirements for naturalization.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

it states,

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

so you can not spend more than 270 days out of the uk in the last 3 yrs, and no more than 90 days out of the last yr, so looking at this i would say upto 90 days in a year should be ok, but be on the safe side 60 or so in any year..

so you should have no problems for a couple of months, but don't go over 3 months in a year, it's not worth the trouble and problems you could face

yes im agree to joe