PDA

View Full Version : Difficult to phone Philippines

IanB
1st January 2009, 00:03
I kind of expected it to be hard to get through tonight - but I started trying at 22:00 UK time. Cannot get through on Teletop or direct from my home or mobile phones. :bigcry:

Is anyone else having the same problem?

When will the Philippines get a decent phone service? (I can call Thailand for 1p a minute and never have problems geting through).

vbkelly
1st January 2009, 00:13
I kind of expected it to be hard to get through tonight - but I started trying at 22:00 UK time. Cannot get through on Teletop or direct from my home or mobile phones. :bigcry:

When will the Philippines get a decent phone service? (I can call Thailand for 1p a minute and never have problems geting through).

yeah its hard to get through try tomorrow again

Sim11UK
1st January 2009, 01:30
I've been having trouble, all over the xmas period. :angry:

Mrs.JMajor
1st January 2009, 03:01
well,because its network busy everyone are greeting each other,even my hubby had hard time to get through,after 10 minutes,he manage to connect at exactly 12:05 midnight (while 2008 and 2009 parting) ,just to say a sweet words of "Happy New Year Princess" He use the 02 sim

jackmac452
1st January 2009, 03:11
Hmmm...I've just rung Limasawa to talk to my missus as Junior was being Christened 2 hours ago (8am..what a strange time) , on my mobile, and I got through straight away...Clear as a bell, talked for 20 minutes..no problems whatsoever.. but my text message at 11pm tonight took 6 goes before it went... So maybe the phones are ok now.
Hope you can contact your loved ones soon anyway...Happy New Year for 2009 everyone.

jackmac452
1st January 2009, 03:12
Yes..I also used my o2 sim....

Ana_may365
1st January 2009, 04:55

hiya!IanB,just asking if what no.did u used to call thailand for only 1p a minute.we have a lot of friends who live in thailand also that we need to ring sometimes.:Hellooo:

amyburple
1st January 2009, 05:07
So the line from there is really bad...but why.... When I tried calling my hubby around 12 UK time till pass 12 from here in the PI his phone is keep on ringing and when the time he answered he said the line is bad I don't think he is telling the truth now... If the line is bad form UK why I can call him and why his phone is ringing.

I'm mentally upset now! His phone now is turned OFF. I feel so bad I want his company online but it's turn nothing. This is the first time that that happened to us.. Seriously I feel bad :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Am I acting over the top huhuhuhu!

keithAngel
1st January 2009, 05:49
Its 4am in the UK Amy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
1st January 2009, 06:22
it's pass 5 now..

simplelife
1st January 2009, 07:31
So the line from there is really bad...but why.... When I tried calling my hubby around 12 UK time till pass 12 from here in the PI his phone is keep on ringing and when the time he answered he said the line is bad I don't think he is telling the truth now... If the line is bad form UK why I can call him and why his phone is ringing.

I'm mentally upset now! His phone now is turned OFF. I feel so bad I want his company online but it's turn nothing. This is the first time that that happened to us.. Seriously I feel bad :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

I know how you feel Amy. On our first New Year`s Eve we managed to talk on the phone for more than one hour, it was a nice feeling that we are talking on the first hour of the new year.
BUT on our second New Year it was very sad as I was on the plane on my way home from the UK on that New Year`s Eve huhuhu I was really crying on my entire journey.
Then our third New Year`s Eve we were apart as well, but we chat online using the headset and the webcam.:)
On our fourth, fifth and sixth New Year`s Eve, we neither chat online or talk on the phone, because he is at work. :bigcry:

It was really disappointing, but thats the saddest side of LDR, sometimes we cant avoid those such disappoinments.

I feel so sad, but I got his Happy New Year text message though.

But this morning,when I get up and switch on my PC, he is online and I got loads of offline messages from him.
He said he tried to left work early just to be able to chat to me online, but I log off just few minutes before he logs in :icon_lol:
He said he s been trying to call my landline and celpphone but no success.:Brick:

Happy New Year to you Amy and Duncan.

aromulus
1st January 2009, 09:23
We did try to phone the family and failed on numerous occasions.:doh

The problem occurs on a regular basis as the volume of calls is so high at this time of the year, that the phone lines are not able to cope, not even in this era of digital, satellite or whatever high tech way of communicating.:doh

KeithD
1st January 2009, 10:10
it's pass 5 now..
Look what the cat dragged in! :omg: :D

Mrs.JMajor
1st January 2009, 13:06

Yes ,you are :NoNo: Don't be childish,you see u said this is the first time happen to both of you,first he told you that they gonna have party,2nd ,please consider that its New Year million of people all over the world are using the network,(phone lines as mod Dom words)

And i tell you what,He loves you,don't worry cause you are such a sweet person,since i got the chance to know you ,we just misinterpret you're font :icon_lol::icon_lol:

nice to see you back sister:cwm38::cwm38::Hellooo: lav yah !

amyburple
1st January 2009, 13:58
I know how you feel Amy. On our first New Year`s Eve we managed to talk on the phone for more than one hour, it was a nice feeling that we are talking on the first hour of the new year.
BUT on our second New Year it was very sad as I was on the plane on my way home from the UK on that New Year`s Eve huhuhu I was really crying on my entire journey.
Then our third New Year`s Eve we were apart as well, but we chat online using the headset and the webcam.:)
On our fourth, fifth and sixth New Year`s Eve, we neither chat online or talk on the phone, because he is at work. :bigcry:

It was really disappointing, but thats the saddest side of LDR, sometimes we cant avoid those such disappoinments.

I feel so sad, but I got his Happy New Year text message though.

But this morning,when I get up and switch on my PC, he is online and I got loads of offline messages from him.
He said he tried to left work early just to be able to chat to me online, but I log off just few minutes before he logs in :icon_lol:
He said he s been trying to call my landline and celpphone but no success.:Brick:

Happy New Year to you Amy and Duncan.

umm thank you sis... good to hear tht this story hayyyyyy life! I hope everything will be alright between us.. We didnt talk until now I guess I need space and him to for everything :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

amyburple
1st January 2009, 14:02
Yes ,you are :NoNo: Don't be childish,you see u said this is the first time happen to both of you,first he told you that they gonna have party,2nd ,please consider that its New Year million of people all over the world are using the network,(phone lines as mod Dom words)

And i tell you what,He loves you,don't worry cause you are sweet person,since i got the chance to know you ,we just misinterpret you're font :icon_lol::icon_lol:

nice to see you back sister:cwm38::cwm38::Hellooo:

Yea i admit I'm childish with him i many ways... Yea this is the first time to happened that's why It's hard to accept sis as in... Have you experienced it huhuhu... Anyway I guess I'm ok now :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: I guess not, there's something inside I wanna burst out hayyyyy. We're not yet talking until now...

Mrs.JMajor
1st January 2009, 14:12
Have you experienced it huhuhu... burst out hayyyyy. We're not yet talking until now...

Im glad,havent experienced that to my hubby,and i know it wont happen,the perfect man i have ever met :D

He will contact you,for sure wanna make deal ,:D come cheer up,remember its new year or else "isang taon ka ganyan"...kidding its not true Filipino saying noh!

cheer up,cheer up :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

amyburple
1st January 2009, 14:34
Im glad,havent experienced that to my hubby,and i know it wont happen,the perfect man i have ever met :D

He will contact you,for sure wanna make deal ,:D come cheer up,remember its new year or else "isang taon ka ganyan"...kidding its not true Filipino saying noh!

cheer up,cheer up :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

good to hear tht you've never experience it sis... I guess we need some space.. I can feel the coldness in me ewan b...I turned off my phone, detached my dial tone on my landline and I'm not online I don't have the guts and the energy to talk as of the moment.. I want my peace

simplelife
1st January 2009, 14:46
good to hear tht you've never experience it sis... I guess we need some space.. I can feel the coldness in me ewan b...I turned off my phone, detached my dial tone on my landline and I'm not online I don't have the guts and the energy to talk as of the moment.. I want my peace

Yess cheer up sis. Im sure he will get in touch with you soon.

somebody
1st January 2009, 14:56
I dont know if they are repaired yet but some of the major cables passing internet traffic from asia to europe are out some countries have lost a lot of their internet.
Remeber many of the lines are voip.

Demand is the other facotor of course. Everyone rings texts etc at the same time. Happens in bulit up areas in the UK where for a few mintues either side of NYE and Xmas eve etc the lines are hard to get and sms take a while to go though.
The ohter i belive is that discount telephone comapnies buy up spare capacity so on certain days im sure they find it harder to come across im sure the major networks on special days hold back some capacity to ensure their own systems work as well as they can.

somebody
1st January 2009, 15:06

Yep but its understandable real tough to be going though NYE apart and with the application process.
The lines in the UK go crazy.
I use mobiles and landlines thoughout my working day and quite often one side gets a bad line and the ohter doesn't trust me.

Anyway regardless of all the techno phoney talk be the bigger person and be avaiable to be contacted.
Once or twice i thought the wife when in phill was making it up when i was ringing and she not answer but it does happen where the phone rings on your end but not on the person your calling dont ask me why but it does.
I knew my wife was telling me the truth as she was wanting to get hold of me and when i called her lolas house on one occasion when it happened (once i had found the number) she answered straight away and we tried the mobile while on the phone and the same thing happened.

So dont let 09 start on a downer be the bigger person.

Tampo is not nice and remeber both of you are under loads of pressure due to the application and being apart it really is tough.

So be strong and let the people on here help you though it we been there :)

nigel
1st January 2009, 15:21
My Filipina wifey says...she couldn't get through all over the xmas period - huge savings on the phone bill!:REGamblMoney01HL1: (I'm joking!:icon_lol:)

somebody
1st January 2009, 15:24
My Filipina wifey says...she couldn't get through all over the xmas period - huge savings on the phone bill!:REGamblMoney01HL1: (I'm joking!:icon_lol:)

I wish it could be Christmas every day:D

simplelife
1st January 2009, 15:30

:icon_lol::icon_lol:so My Fiance saved a lot then as he couldn`t get through as well last night. Thats good more pennies to the piggy bank.:icon_lol:

jackmac452
1st January 2009, 15:57
This does seem strange a bit..I just rang Pampanga and Limasawa again (both to Mobile numbers) to ask for Juniors birth certificate to be sent to me....and both times I got through with no problems at all. I'm using my Samsung mobile (o2) and a 5 pounds Int. calling card...Well..hmmm..maybe God wants to be good to me in 2009....hehehe..Hope all your calls get through to you all OK...happy new year..

amyburple
1st January 2009, 23:37
Yep but its understandable real tough to be going though NYE apart and with the application process.
The lines in the UK go crazy.
I use mobiles and landlines thoughout my working day and quite often one side gets a bad line and the ohter doesn't trust me.

Anyway regardless of all the techno phoney talk be the bigger person and be avaiable to be contacted.
Once or twice i thought the wife when in phill was making it up when i was ringing and she not answer but it does happen where the phone rings on your end but not on the person your calling dont ask me why but it does.
I knew my wife was telling me the truth as she was wanting to get hold of me and when i called her lolas house on one occasion when it happened (once i had found the number) she answered straight away and we tried the mobile while on the phone and the same thing happened.

So dont let 09 start on a downer be the bigger person.

Tampo is not nice and remeber both of you are under loads of pressure due to the application and being apart it really is tough.

So be strong and let the people on here help you though it we been there :)

Thank you... I tried to open my phone very early this morning coz i woke up early i dunno why maybe he is thinking on me... We never spoke for the whole day and night yesterday... He was sorry, he took responsibility of his actions because he got drunk easily lats night with his mates! Is this good enough reason? I allow him to go to party but it's new year don't spend all your time to this new fellows ayt... Please correct me if I'm wrong. All I want is he will go to a party and thn go home not to party till morning because hes fiancee is waititng for his company for the new year...
I'm hurting

aromulus
2nd January 2009, 09:03
Thank you... I tried to open my phone very early this morning coz i woke up early i dunno why maybe he is thinking on me... We never spoke for the whole day and night yesterday... He was sorry, he took responsibility of his actions because he got drunk easily lats night with his mates! Is this good enough reason? I allow him to go to party but it's new year don't spend all your time to this new fellows ayt... Please correct me if I'm wrong. All I want is he will go to a party and thn go home not to party till morning because hes fiancee is waititng for his company for the new year...
I'm hurting

You are being possessive and slightly unreasonable.:omg:

He apologized already.
Give the guy some slack, I am sure that if you were there with him, he would not see the need to go out with his mates.

simplelife
3rd January 2009, 09:39
All I want is he will go to a party and thn go home not to party till morning because hes fiancee is waititng for his company for the new year...
I'm hurting

Hi Sis, Im sure you and your hubby are OK now. I just want to add that drink and drive in the UK is a criminal offense, might get a one year ban and large fine. So still look at the bright side of it why he didnot come home.:)

Best wishes to both of you.

somebody
3rd January 2009, 18:35
I'm hurting

Amy i know it seems tough and you want as much of your Fiancee as possible.
With out knowing the chap let me see if my own experiences tally up.

Before i bumped into my Wife on the Internet. I was not looking for Love etc. I was going to football and going out with my Mates and getting on with Life paying taxes and bills:NoNo:.
When I met my Wife at first I was still going out with mates at the weekend. But spending some weekend evenings in, after a while it was rare for me to go out. Now this was four years ago and even then it was pretty hard and expensive to communicate by mobile.

Now occasionaly it was friends birthdays or i just wanted to go out sometimes i made excuses but occasional i would go out. The Wife didn't like it but she had sometimes familly occasions and reasons to see friends.

Now im sure you are very stressed and anxious about the application and trust me I bet your Mahal is to. Very hard to deal with stress like that in the UK life is far more fast paced work and dashing around all the time. Less time interacting with people. Im sure often without knowing it you unwind from the stress by talking to people around you friends and family. In the UK for various reasons people just have less time and that time is hard to come by.

So wheter he made the decision or not he probably needed to just unwind and drink a few beers with mates. Its a very British male thing to do have a few beers and chat rubbish to his pals. When we were geting to the stage you were at to unwind i needed to do this. He may not even talk about the application and all the what ifs.
Also once he had a few beers his mates who possibly see him less now than a while back were like stay out relax and have a good time.

One thing I have never see mentioned on here is how tough it can be on Brits who work all day then sit in front of a PC as often as they can to speak to their mahal. Life is not as social for many unless they actually go out. very rare for many Brits to just pop in to a mates or having extended families around them. Many single guys will live on their own. If you dont make some time to see people you can end up far more lonelier than any person in phill normally is. You can also upset and annoy friends as your always busy staying in.

Now my Wife is here I dont drink heavily, only see my mates now and then on my own, more often than not we see them together. I consider myself as a bloke doing my best to be a good husband.

But trust me however much you love someone as im sure your hubby to be does now and then he just needs a bit of me time.

My Wife goes out with her friends and so do I, we need that time apart sometimes as most couples do. In this case I think after a few Beers he was just enjoying being relaxed (away from the pressure)for a few hours.

I know its tough that it was NYE, but blimey you got 10's of them to come.
He realises its upset you and he is sorry. But Brit Males who dont like to open up when under stress do need a release and possibly this was needed.
I know it was making me feel ill due to the pressure.

The pressure of if he had doen all he could for the application.
The pressure of what happens if it fails.
The pressure of dealing with the next step.
The pressure of getting married (a big step if it means alot to you for anyone)
The pressure even if he doesn't realise it yet of looking after a person who has just given up a way of life, seeing her friends and family on a regular basis and her country for him)

I could go on, but I might fill up Mr admin bosses server:D

Im not making an excuse for him, im just saying how it was for me in a similar situation a few years back.
Im not perfect, your Mahals not perfect we make mistakes.

But its not becuase we dont Love our Ladies or wanna do all we can for them:)

asiansmiler
24th January 2009, 02:18
Amy i know it seems tough and you want as much of your Fiancee as possible.
With out knowing the chap let me see if my own experiences tally up.

Before i bumped into my Wife on the Internet. I was not looking for Love etc. I was going to football and going out with my Mates and getting on with Life paying taxes and bills:NoNo:.
When I met my Wife at first I was still going out with mates at the weekend. But spending some weekend evenings in, after a while it was rare for me to go out. Now this was four years ago and even then it was pretty hard and expensive to communicate by mobile.

Now occasionaly it was friends birthdays or i just wanted to go out sometimes i made excuses but occasional i would go out. The Wife didn't like it but she had sometimes familly occasions and reasons to see friends.

Now im sure you are very stressed and anxious about the application and trust me I bet your Mahal is to. Very hard to deal with stress like that in the UK life is far more fast paced work and dashing around all the time. Less time interacting with people. Im sure often without knowing it you unwind from the stress by talking to people around you friends and family. In the UK for various reasons people just have less time and that time is hard to come by.

So wheter he made the decision or not he probably needed to just unwind and drink a few beers with mates. Its a very British male thing to do have a few beers and chat rubbish to his pals. When we were geting to the stage you were at to unwind i needed to do this. He may not even talk about the application and all the what ifs.
Also once he had a few beers his mates who possibly see him less now than a while back were like stay out relax and have a good time.

One thing I have never see mentioned on here is how tough it can be on Brits who work all day then sit in front of a PC as often as they can to speak to their mahal. Life is not as social for many unless they actually go out. very rare for many Brits to just pop in to a mates or having extended families around them. Many single guys will live on their own. If you dont make some time to see people you can end up far more lonelier than any person in phill normally is. You can also upset and annoy friends as your always busy staying in.

Now my Wife is here I dont drink heavily, only see my mates now and then on my own, more often than not we see them together. I consider myself as a bloke doing my best to be a good husband.

But trust me however much you love someone as im sure your hubby to be does now and then he just needs a bit of me time.

My Wife goes out with her friends and so do I, we need that time apart sometimes as most couples do. In this case I think after a few Beers he was just enjoying being relaxed (away from the pressure)for a few hours.

I know its tough that it was NYE, but blimey you got 10's of them to come.
He realises its upset you and he is sorry. But Brit Males who dont like to open up when under stress do need a release and possibly this was needed.
I know it was making me feel ill due to the pressure.

The pressure of if he had doen all he could for the application.
The pressure of what happens if it fails.
The pressure of dealing with the next step.
The pressure of getting married (a big step if it means alot to you for anyone)
The pressure even if he doesn't realise it yet of looking after a person who has just given up a way of life, seeing her friends and family on a regular basis and her country for him)

I could go on, but I might fill up Mr admin bosses server:D

Im not making an excuse for him, im just saying how it was for me in a similar situation a few years back.
Im not perfect, your Mahals not perfect we make mistakes.

But its not becuase we dont Love our Ladies or wanna do all we can for them:)

...And I quote, I second motion!!! sounds like a winning piece of advise... Thanks, bro

Jay&Zobel
24th January 2009, 02:40
Use Skype :-)

Bluebirdjones
24th January 2009, 10:59
Just download the free programme onto your PC

If your other half does (or the internet cafe she uses has it installed - and many do), then the calls are FREE PC to PC.
You just need a headset.
Quality is great.
You can also have FREE conference calls PC to PC
(eg so, you in London, missus in Cebu, sister in Sydney)

If she hasn't got SKYPE or a PC,
the call you make from your PC goes thru to the nearest local exhange to her, and then connects.
So, usually no problems getting a connection.
If it's this option, calls are (per min)
Philippines-Cebu £ 0.113
Philippines-Manila £ 0.113
Philippines - Mobile £ 0.141
:)