PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance

wiggs
4th January 2009, 18:44
Hi need a little info on insurance for your loved ones over in the philippines more to do with hospital bills when ill. Paying for medication, doctors time, etc, etc, Can you pay into a scheme every week or month for that dreaded time in your life when your other half has been admitted to hospital and its now time to find the money.Ive had a word with my insurance company regarding this but as were not married I live here in the UK and she lives there in the philippines they cant insure her or her daughter.Any ideas

Ann07
4th January 2009, 19:07
Hospital bill is very expensive over there, so when i was there i paid medical insurance every month so as my family. When my brother was hospitalized we need to pay for everything worth more than 100k in pesos luckily we have medical insurance to cover it. Its a great thing having it.

There are many hospital or companies who offered it there maybe she could inquire it and its cheaper i guess than getting one here in the uk to cover her in the PI. I dont know really how it works:)

wiggs
4th January 2009, 19:38
Thanks for the info Ann07 for some reason I had thought of it not being offered over there? you say hospitals offer it that's good to know thanks again.

vbkelly
4th January 2009, 23:42
Hi need a little info on insurance for your loved ones over in the philippines more to do with hospital bills when ill. Paying for medication, doctors time, etc, etc, Can you pay into a scheme every week or month for that dreaded time in your life when your other half has been admitted to hospital and its now time to find the money.Ive had a word with my insurance company regarding this but as were not married I live here in the UK and she lives there in the philippines they cant insure her or her daughter.Any ideas

you can get them an insurance by PHILHEALTH this is the most acceptable insurance in the philippine hospitals . i don't know how much but tell your wife to go their offices to ask.

LEAHnew
5th January 2009, 10:10
Hi I’m member of PHILHEALTH insurance:), used it many times when I was hospitalized as well as my daughter, but some hospital don’t deduct it right away:doh, in my experience if you’re not able to accomplished the required documents of the hospital (you were admitted) you will pay the whole amount and end up reimbursing from Phil health office and that will takes time releasing it.:NoNo:
I advice if your gf/fiancee want to apply for this insurance tell her to keep all the receipts and documents regarding Philhealth concern so if there’s emergency happened she can supply required document easily before discharge from the hospital but be informed that this insurance doesn’t cover all the expenses from the hospital just a few deduction:Erm:, however there are some private medical insurance cover most expenses for hospitalization, I’ve heard about Fortune Care but not that much aware about payments and requirements:doh

This is the link of Philippines Health Insurance Government (Philhealth) and how to become a member.

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/bmember.htm

I hope it helps.:)

PeterB
5th January 2009, 10:20
Another scheme which is regularly promoted is 'Caritas'. However, I am not impressed by the terms and the benefits.

wiggs
5th January 2009, 22:09
Thanks all for the help and advice.Think its an important thing to have for them and it can save a few ££££ in the long run if something was to happen,Thanks again.