PDA

View Full Version : Is this good news?

Fountainhead
6th January 2009, 11:29
We applied for our Fiancee visa exactly eleven weeks ago today. We had a slight problem when we submitted our application, as described below taken from another thread here......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our plan was for my fiancee to travel to the UK at the end of March if our application was approved in plenty of time for our wedding we have booked at the start of July but when the staff at the application centre saw the intended date of travel on the application form was 30.03.09 they told her she was applying too early and she would have to bring forward the intended date of travel or submit the application nearer the end of the year because they said she should only be applying 3 months before she intends to travel here. Not having me there with her , I was waiting outside, and feeling the staff there must know what they are talking about she agreed to change the date and ended up putting 15.01.09.

Firstly I don't think submitting an application on 21st October when you intend to travel at the end of March is too early. If we have to wait the full 3 months for a decision that will mean us finding out on 21st January which would leave 2 months to arrange flights and for my fiancee to organize everything she has to sort out there before she leaves, and I don't think wanting 8 or 9 weeks to do that is excessive, we are after all talking about starting a whole new life.

Secondly, in my letter of support I stated my fiancee would be coming here at the end of March which now contradicts the date on the form and I'm worried the ECO will pick up on this and use it against us.

Thirdly, if we get the visa and it's dated 15.01.09 it will expire on 15.07.09 and our wedding isn't until 03.07.09 and we have a honeymoon in the UK arranged straight after until the 12th July so I worry that won't leave enough time to apply for FLR before the fiancee visa expires.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, someone from the embassy phoned my fiancee today saying that the case officer wanted them to clarify what date the visa should start from and what is her actual intended date of travel. They basically said to her what I outlined in my 3rd point above that if it's dated from now it wouldnt leave enough time after the wedding to apply for FLR before the fiancee visa expired. So my fiancee exlained she actually plans to travel in March and that it was the staff at VFS that told her she would have to change the date on the application form.

So, I'm wondering does this mean our application has been approved? At no point during the phone call did they say to her it has been yet but I can't help thinking the signs are good...

It's been 11 weeks - it should be around this time they are finishing with our application.

Why would they ask about dating the visa if they don't intend to approve it?

If they had any problems with anything else on the application surely they would have asked her for clarification during the same call. The only thing they asked her about was intended date of travel.

I really don't want to get too excited until we actually have it but it feels very close now. Can anyone else see a reason why things would go wrong now?

Mrs.JMajor
6th January 2009, 11:36
They ask of course what date they gonna put on to the visa,so u wont waste the visa fee,because u need to fly it w/in 28 days , so lets have a drink its granted....:xxgrinning--00xx3::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

Especially joining the forum always they have a luck of good :rolleyes:

How was that Keith:Cuckoo:

simplelife
6th January 2009, 11:51
I think it was good that the British Embassy phone your Fiancee, first before issuing the visa, like what they said that "if it's dated from now it wouldnt leave enough time after the wedding to apply for FLR before the fiancee visa expired. "

So I would take it as a advantage, because at least you are given the chance to give your explanation.

I think its best you immediately get in touch with the B. Embassy and explain to them that originally your Fiancee wrote 30 March 09 and it was the VFS Staff who told her to change it.

Congratulation, as I am hundred percent sure that your application is successful.

KeithD
6th January 2009, 12:16
How was that Keith:Cuckoo:
Depends on who is naked! :Erm:

Fountainhead
6th January 2009, 12:57
I think we have it :)

Been checking the status of application on the VFS website and within the last 2 hours its changed to...

Processed application returned to courier.

Surely they wouldn't have called about the date of travel if they were sending out a refusal . Still need to wait until it arrives to be 100% sure but it's looking good.

Ann07
6th January 2009, 14:51
Surely its a visa granted, congrats in advance:)

Frances
6th January 2009, 14:54
Congratulations to you both! : )

Fountainhead
6th January 2009, 15:16
Thanks Ann and Frances :)

I refuse to believe it until my fiancee opens the package and sees the visa in her passport but it is looking good I think.

Mrs.JMajor
6th January 2009, 15:59
No doubt on that, congratz yuhoooooo one man down lol :Hellooo:

Fountainhead
6th January 2009, 16:25
Thanks Mrs.JMajor. :)

I will post tomorrow when we know for sure if we have it.

PeterB
6th January 2009, 20:20
Could this be the first visa received this year?

Congratulations!

vbkelly
6th January 2009, 20:24
congratulation to both of you

Mrs.JMajor
7th January 2009, 02:13
Thanks Mrs.JMajor. :)

I will post tomorrow when we know for sure if we have it.

Granted i would say,because they just can not refused the fiancee visa ,u have the chance to be interviewed (or they will call for interview) :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

simplicity
7th January 2009, 09:57
i think it's a positive result...congrats!!!

john sergison
7th January 2009, 10:12
come on fountainhead i am biting my nails, good luck

john

Ady
7th January 2009, 12:15
Sounds positive to me!!!! But, let's wait for the official word... hurry up and tell us Fountainhead. Hope it is as good as it sounds!!!

PAT
7th January 2009, 12:20
I think it will be a good news....!

Toyang
7th January 2009, 13:39
sounds good to me, congratulations.

Fountainhead
7th January 2009, 17:58
No news today. The package didn't arrive. My fiancee lives in La Union which is at least a 6/7 hour drive from Manila and they didn't call her till the afternoon yesterday and the status on the website didn't change till late afternoon so we're hoping it will arrive tomorrow and hoping the courier hasn't lost it!!

Thanks for the best wishes from everyone, we really appreciate that.

Will hopefully be able to post good news tomorrow.

ANDRES25
7th January 2009, 18:13
wow! how exciting! Congrats in advance!

joebloggs
7th January 2009, 20:44
seeing not many are refused, its got to be good news :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sharon
8th January 2009, 05:54
congratulations

Fountainhead
8th January 2009, 08:51
As of 11am this morning Filipino time my fiancee is the proud holder of a six month fiancee visa entitling her to entry to the UK :BouncyHappy::cwm12::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

I just want to thank the people who run this site and everybody who takes the time to post advice and answer peoples questions here. All the information and advice here was a valuable resource for us when we were planning and preparing our application and I honestly think it was a major factor in our approval.

Good luck to those who are waiting to hear the results of their applications and those preparing their applications. It can be stressful at times but it will be worth it in the end :)

Anyway, must go and start studying what we need for FLR now!!:Erm:

simplelife
8th January 2009, 09:07
Oh yess Congratulations again. Its a big encouragement for all whose waiting for their visa.

Mrs.JMajor
8th January 2009, 09:17
See, i told youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yuhoooooooooo Congratulation
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:fountainhead

Ady
8th January 2009, 09:40
Woohoooooooo!!!! Good news for you both. Many Congratulations, and Happy New Year. It looks like it is a good one for you already.

amyburple
8th January 2009, 09:50
WOW that's GOOD news...

CONGRATULATIONS :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: GOOD TO HEAR IT SIS.

GOD BLESS YOU...

KeithD
8th January 2009, 10:02
I'll go off into the wild of the Welsh mountains and catch a Wilderbeast with nothing more than fart power :action-smiley-081: for our forum feast! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mavid
8th January 2009, 11:18
Congratulations Fountainhead! May this be the start of a wonderful life together!

kimmi
8th January 2009, 12:52
Congrats Fountainhead and to ur fiancee as well..:)

IainBusby
8th January 2009, 13:35
As of 11am this morning Filipino time my fiancee is the proud holder of a six month fiancee visa entitling her to entry to the UK :BouncyHappy::cwm12::cwm12::BouncyHappy:

I just want to thank the people who run this site and everybody who takes the time to post advice and answer peoples questions here. All the information and advice here was a valuable resource for us when we were planning and preparing our application and I honestly think it was a major factor in our approval.

Good luck to those who are waiting to hear the results of their applications and those preparing their applications. It can be stressful at times but it will be worth it in the end :)

Anyway, must go and start studying what we need for FLR now!!:Erm:

Congratulations! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Louella & Iain.

DianaKevy
8th January 2009, 13:54
Congratulations to you both and it is worth waiting alright :) cheers!

john sergison
8th January 2009, 14:14
cogratulations fountainhead,

the hairs on my arms started rising when i saw your news, because we have all been there and know the feelings you both have.
both of you enjoy the rest of your lives together.

john and alona sergison

AJS
8th January 2009, 20:04
Congratulations :D

All the best to you :D

charlwill
8th January 2009, 21:49
Congrats.

5olidsnake
8th January 2009, 21:52
all the best mate
now your life changes:Cuckoo: no more cornflakes for breakfast, you'll be having a nice plate of rice and eggs n hotdogs and later fruit salad with cheese:ARsurrender: or the best cold spaghetti with hotdogs sarap only joking:icon_lol:

well done have a beer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
8th January 2009, 21:57
Congratulations to both of you, the happiest day of your lives so far :-))

empott
8th January 2009, 23:14
Congratulations to you and your fiancee, Fountainhead. :BouncyHappy: :xxparty-smiley-050:
I live in SF in LA Union, how about your fiancee? Hope I get to meet her. :Hellooo:

cheesewiz
9th January 2009, 00:13
how i wish Canada is like UK, my cousin went thru a lot of medical test before she can get her spouse visa...UK is a free hustle place don't you think, just TB they are worried about.

congrats and live happily ever after:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
9th January 2009, 01:11
Congratulations to you and your fiancee, Fountainhead. :BouncyHappy: :xxparty-smiley-050:
I live in SF in LA Union, how about your fiancee? Hope I get to meet her. :Hellooo:

hey empott:Hellooo: where have u been lately,nice to see u back :Hellooo:

empott
9th January 2009, 02:48
Thanks MrsJM :Hellooo: I"ve been busy but i was here lurking a few times. :D

miayela
9th January 2009, 05:17
Congratulations! Have a safe flight...

fhara
9th January 2009, 10:03
congrats fountainhead...

KeithD
9th January 2009, 10:54
how i wish Canada is like UK,
No thank you....it's full of :furious3: French :D

LEAHnew
9th January 2009, 12:27
congrats fountainhead:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Fountainhead
9th January 2009, 18:26
Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to offer their congratulations :)

acs
10th January 2009, 09:47
:Hellooo: Congrats to you and your fiancee Fountainhead:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

Shayla
16th January 2009, 01:02

Congratulations FOUNTAINHEAD...Enjoy your flight to UK!..

Hope me too is granted like yours!.

:doh:Erm::)

sheila_ADY
16th January 2009, 03:17
CONGRATS FOUNTAINHEAD and GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE.
HI All. Hello Juliet. Lets start the day with a big smile. And Good Luck to Us.

DianaKevy
16th January 2009, 18:17

which part of kent are you?:)