PDA

View Full Version : Good news - the long, hot summer of 2009

tomm
7th January 2009, 02:11
Yes, it's freezing in the UK at the moment :NoNo: but here's something to look forward too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You may have heard rumors about the predicited long, hot summer of 2009. Well, it looks like it could be true! To help us plan, it useful to have some idea of the forthcoming summer. The Met Office have just confirmed it's going to be a scorcher! :) How do they know? Apparently they can predict it quite accurately from current global conditions.

Well see :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
7th January 2009, 02:16
Oiii, nice to see you starting thread hahahaha:love::luv4::love18:

simplelife
7th January 2009, 02:32
Yes, it's freezing in the UK at the moment :NoNo: but here's something to look forward too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You may have heard rumors about the predicited long, hot summer of 2009. Well, it looks like it could be true! To help us plan, it useful to have some idea of the forthcoming summer.

Wow! thats great news!
Hubby will be pleased, means we will be watching more Cricket matches and Football games.
Last year, I remember we drove 2 hours to Derbyshire just to watch Cricket match, all of a sudden it rain then it was pouring, soaking,so the match was cancelled.
We went to Wimbley Stadium to watch football USA VS. ENGLAND , the weather was not good either, but glad that England won.

Long summer.. yeepee! I cant wait to be back to England. I miss my beautiful garden, Hubby said that all my plants been destroyed by frost. huhuhu.

Piamed
7th January 2009, 04:21
As usual I will be abroad when its at its hottest here! ;-( Hope I catch some before we leave. Wish i could be abroad when its at its coldest here. ;-)

simplelife
7th January 2009, 05:25
Yes, it's freezing in the UK at the moment :NoNo: but here's something to look forward too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:You may have heard rumors about the predicited long, hot summer of 2009. Well, it looks like it could be true! To help us plan, it useful to have some idea of the forthcoming summer.

It is nice to go for Trailwalking.:xxgrinning--00xx3: I wonder if anyone here loves trailwalking.
I love nature and outdoor activities, last summer we went to Kiln Park in South Wales, we did camping, not too expensive weekend get away, its nice to explore the National Park and a boat trip to Caldey Island.

PeterB
7th January 2009, 12:25
I'm hoping for a long, hot, summer too ... here in Phils.

vbkelly
7th January 2009, 13:06
good news if that happen here, UK weather is like a woman unpredictable

Toyang
7th January 2009, 13:34

You may have heard rumors about the predicited long, hot summer of 2009. Well, it looks like it could be true! To help us plan, it useful to have some idea of the forthcoming summer. The Met Office have just confirmed it's going to be a scorcher! :) How do they know? Apparently they can predict it quite accurately from current global conditions.

Fingers crossed...

But we do not pray for long winter here in the Philippines, we do not have radiator and heaters here, otherwise more babies will be born by end of this year. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh:icon_lol:

KeithD
7th January 2009, 15:20
I've decided to spend this summer camping in Death Valley......so I'll expect snow :bigcry:

nigel
7th January 2009, 15:39
My Vimvie has the central heating on so high it's like tropical heat all year round for me..:bigcry: I freeze my bum off at work, and I get cooked alive when I get home!:Cuckoo:

tomm
8th January 2009, 01:42
My Vimvie has the central heating on so high it's like tropical heat all year round for me..:bigcry: I freeze my bum off at work, and I get cooked alive when I get home!:Cuckoo:

You're slipping Nigel.. take her to Tesco, get her to try on the warmest woolie jumper you can find... then tell her how sexy she looks in it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sharon
8th January 2009, 05:13

if you go to the philippines you switch on the airconditioner all day and all night.hihihi...

KeithD
8th January 2009, 11:02
You're slipping Nigel.. take her to Tesco, get her to try on the warmest woolie jumper you can find... then tell her how sexy she looks in it :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You're slipping as well.....take her to Tesco......sit her under the heating fans near the door, and leave her their all day.....turn the heating down in your house while she's out....save money :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....every little helps :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
8th January 2009, 11:14
You're slipping as well.....take her to Tesco......sit her under the heating fans near the door, and leave her their all day.....turn the heating down in your house while she's out....save money :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....every little helps :rolleyes:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Cuckoo: i used to have aircon in the house,so i guess no problem as long as it wasn't negative,-5 :yikes: