PDA

View Full Version : when things go wrong

ron
10th January 2009, 23:09
hi there not been here for awhile so want to first give you all the good news. Came back from philippines last august 2007 . I had been living there with my wife and son. Anyway i go back to uk and within 2-3 weeks i was lucky and working again. . A job thats a good start i thought. In decemeber i moved into a rented house in preparation for my wife and son to come here. All was going well. We prepared most of our docments. We've been together 4 years now and lots of proof and a son to show it. But not so . On 10th January i received a letter from my employee to say Sorry due to closure of the business and economic crisis your employement as now been ceased. What can i say its like 2 steps forward and one step back. It just seems all the prepararation as blown.

So here we go again. I know its not easy to find another job especially in this recession. I wont give up. Anyway i just wanted to share this with you all. It makes me feel better to deal with again. Its just harder on my wife

Happy new year everyone

Sconnie
10th January 2009, 23:16
Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear your bad news, I am sure something will turn up.

What's your field of work ? and were in UK are you ?

nigel
10th January 2009, 23:18
Look up at the worlds abundance!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ron
10th January 2009, 23:27
yes thanks for your replys. Im sure something will come soon. By profession i am a Wedding video producer and editor. Myabe this is something i should start again. Im living right down here in Eastbourne.

bornatbirth
10th January 2009, 23:29
i know things and life can get hard,just try ur best to find another job and think how good it be when ur wife and child are with you!!!

goodluck!

Sim11UK
10th January 2009, 23:51
Sorry to hear of your problems, a situation many are finding themselves in at the moment.

Are you the chap, who tried running your business in the Phils? I remember your posts? Glad you managed to get back to the UK, though not sure, you really wanted to come back? :)

somebody
10th January 2009, 23:55
welcome back to the UK, sorry to hear the news and hopefully as you say something will turn up. Amazing how often when its looking really dark something happens which brightens up your day.

ron
10th January 2009, 23:57
hi sim11uk yes i had small business in philippines . didnt really want to leave my wife and son. Heartbreaking......but business was not good and european style wedding movies didnt really go well there. so things really went well after coming back. finding a good job and very nice home. Was shocked that my job as now ended.

Someone mentioned that as ive been married 4 years it will be easier to get my wife here....THIS IS A NEW ONE TO ME????????????????????????

Ok i will start again. i did it once and can do it again. thanks for all your support. will keep u posted

Sim11UK
11th January 2009, 00:07
Good for you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th January 2009, 00:48
Someone mentioned that as ive been married 4 years it will be easier to get my wife here....THIS IS A NEW ONE TO ME????????????????????????

from UKBA website

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/husbandwifecivilpartner/

13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify wrote:
For the applicant to qualify for indefinite leave to enter (Rules Paragraph 281 (b)), you must also be satisfied that:

* the couple has been married/in a civil partnership for over four years and living together outside the UK during that time;
* the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, unless he is under the age of 18 or aged 65 or over at the time he makes his application (see Paragraph 13.15)

13.14 - Unmarried (i.e. opposite gender) and same-gender partners and how they qualify wrote:
For the applicant to qualify for indefinite leave to enter (Rules Paragraph 295A(b)), you must also be satisfied that:

* the couple has been living together outside the UK for over four years;
* the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, unless he is under the age of 18 or aged 65 or over at the time he makes his application (see Paragraph 13.15)

where
1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter wrote:
Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) - endorsement

Applicants who are granted Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) at a visa issuing Post can enter and stay in the UK indefinitely and will have no time restrictions on their stay. ILE carries the same entitlement as “Indefinite Leave to Remain” (ILR) which is issued by the Home Office to those who have already travelled to the UK. Anyone who has ILE does not have to apply for ILR when in the UK.

However, although indefinite leave, by definition, will not expire, we are unable to issue a visa to those who meet the criteria for ILE without putting a ‘validity date’ on the visa. Therefore the ‘validity date’ on the visa should match the expiry date on the passport. When the applicant gets a new passport, they can apply to UK Border Agency (UKBA) for a transfer of conditions into their new passport. They will not need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

However,
13.16 - Entry clearance endorsements wrote:
Where an applicant has satisfied all of the requirements for ILE, except the KOL requirement, they should be granted two years leave to enter. During this time they can, at any point, satisfy the KOL requirement and then apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. The following endorsement should be used:

D: SETTLEMENT: SPOUSE/CP (KOL REQ): 27 months: Code 1
D: SETTLEMENT: TO JOIN/ACC PARTNER (KOL REQ): 27 months: Code 1

basically - when you apply for your spouse visa, point out that you have been married for 4 years, and then the visa should be endorsed "KOL required" ... get to the UK ... take the test .... and apply for ILR shortly thereafter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i was made redundant end of june, at the time i didn't think there would be anything positive about it, but within a week i was working for a larger company, better pay and prospects, if work had not gone bust then, but had in the last couple of months, i'm sure i would have major problems finding a new job now with a recession on :NoNo: so it turned out to be a good thing :rolleyes:

ron
11th January 2009, 01:22
thanks for the reply on the 4 year issue. i am bit confused with this one. all new to me. can you possibly explain what this means???

Is this automatic for my wife to come here. Yes we have been married 4 years this coming April 2009

thanks for advise

ron

Mrs.JMajor
11th January 2009, 01:31
Right ron,don't give up !! we all know that u need to show to ECO you can support you're family......but on the other hand....a married couple should live together...as i always have angel tongue lol ,you will solve all your problems in due time

good luck

jbt
11th January 2009, 02:12
Hi Ron, wishing you and your family all the best.

darren-b
11th January 2009, 08:08
thanks for the reply on the 4 year issue. i am bit confused with this one. all new to me. can you possibly explain what this means???

Is this automatic for my wife to come here. Yes we have been married 4 years this coming April 2009

thanks for advise

ron

No it's still not automatic. It's just that your wife can obtain indefinite leave to remain quicker. (Though I don't think it's actually any cheaper...)

Piamed
11th January 2009, 11:30
Sorry to hear about your current situation Ron. It's tough out there in the job market but there are jobs just harder to find them. As mentioned, now might be a good time to start you wedding video business on the side.

Good luck!

kermit123
11th January 2009, 12:01
ron have you thought about re/training,i have applied for two courses in uk for when i come back this year , not expencive a refresher course on flt and reach trucks only 210 pounds for the 2 days,And SIA for security work.270 pounds,i have licence to drive 7.5 ton truck which i did in past, i will even go on a few other courses to make getting a job easer ( more training more chance of working just dont give up ) ok these jobs only pay basic pay between 5,50 and 7,50 hour but money is money and i d do it but on job centre over 200 jobs for security work in west midlands i been here in philippines for about 4 years to so glad to hear about it might be easer to bring my wife over . keep smileing dont let em grind you down gaz/maybs

KeithD
11th January 2009, 12:02
Work from home...take up gambling :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th January 2009, 14:18
No it's still not automatic. It's just that your wife can obtain indefinite leave to remain quicker. (Though I don't think it's actually any cheaper...)

your right Darren :xxgrinning--00xx3:

if she had passed the KOL test( b4 she applies for a settlement visa- i think she could have been given ILE/ILR straight away- little chance of that as you can only take it in the uk , thou some could have come on a VV and took the test :doh)

like i said if she applied for a settlement visa, you should have no problems with the relationship part, as you have lived together for 4 or more years, you need a job and a bit of savings with somewhere for her to live, so its slightly easier for her to get a visa.

when she comes to the uk, she could take the KOL test and apply for ILR then, instead of waiting 2 years. pitty you need to take the KOL test to get ILE !.

TONY73
11th January 2009, 19:37
Keep your chin up,im sure things will work out !
i truly hope you will be together again soon with the ones you Love ,a husband and wife
should be together and you will be again !