PDA

View Full Version : letter of support...

ashleymtv
11th January 2009, 17:19
Can anyone please help me, I need a letter of support for my daughter who I wish to apply as a defendant. thank you.:cwm12:

joebloggs
11th January 2009, 19:18
are you married to a brit or are you on a work permit etc ?

and how old is your daughter ?

ashleymtv
11th January 2009, 23:06
thank you, I am married to a Dutch man and i'm a permanent residency here in UK, my daughter she's 7 years old....help me please

jbt
14th January 2009, 07:54
hi ashley,

I had applied for an affidavit of support for my daughter before at the Philippine Embassy in London and i have to apply again coz it expires after 6 months.

You can probably visit the website of the Philippine Embassy in London and under the category of Consular Services - Legalization, you can download the form 'affidavit of support', you can either use that and have it notarized from there or you can use that form as a guide when you write your own letter of support for your daughter.

Hope this may help, goodluck and all the best.

:)

aromulus
14th January 2009, 08:05
thank you, I am married to a Dutch man and i'm a permanent residency here in UK, my daughter she's 7 years old....help me please

Is your husband is living and working in the UK..???

If he is, then as a EU national he could apply under the EEA rules.

Can my family members join me in the UK?
Yes. If you have the right to live in the UK your family members can join you.
Under European Community law, your family members include the following:

Your husband, wife or civil partner.
Your children or the children of your husband, wife or civil partner (including adopted children). Children over 21 must be dependent on you or your husband, wife or civil partner.
Your parents and grandparents or the parents and grandparents of your husband, wife or civil partner. Parents and grandparents must be dependent on you or your husband, wife or civil partner.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf18eeaswissnationals

How much does it cost to apply for an EEA family permit?
It is free of charge.

ashleymtv
14th January 2009, 09:50
Thank you very much for all your advice...

cruisingkerry
14th January 2009, 23:31
hi,

still confuses me how someone from somewhere else in the EU can have their loved ones here so easily and us Brits have to jump through soooooooooooooo many hoops....???

joebloggs
14th January 2009, 23:56
hi,

still confuses me how someone from somewhere else in the EU can have their loved ones here so easily and us Brits have to jump through soooooooooooooo many hoops....???

well that's because they can use european law, the reason i think comes down to exercising your treaty rights, if your a Brit in the UK you cannot :action-smiley-081:

so us Brits have to use the British immigration system :action-smiley-081:

thou you could go and live in one of the EU countries and in theory have the same rights if your exercising your treaty rights :rolleyes: