PDA

View Full Version : seeking advice about ILR

georyz
14th January 2009, 19:12
Hi, am new in this site and i have read some of the messages but cant find the answer to my questions.
My wife's spousal visa will expire this october and to apply for ILR it says about no recourse to public funds. Would it affect to her application for ILR since am claiming housing and council tax benefits, am also currently receiving guaranteed pension credits and my wife is not working as she is not lucking in her job quest.
Anyone could give us advice as to what we need to do? Do I need to be out of the housing and council tax benefits?
Thank you very much for your time.

kimmi
14th January 2009, 19:21
hi Georyz,

welcome to the forum.. I am not the best person to answer u but just want to ask, is ur wife claiming the benefits or it is only under ur name??

georyz
14th January 2009, 19:22
Its only me claiming all the housing and council tax benefits. Everything is under my name.

DianaKevy
14th January 2009, 19:59
Its only me claiming all the housing and council tax benefits. Everything is under my name.

hello welcome to the forum. if its you whos claiming the benefits then theres no problem with that. :)

joebloggs
14th January 2009, 21:05
as long as your not claiming the single occupancy discount for the council tax, and your not claiming or receiving more of a benefit because your wife is with you.

vbkelly
15th January 2009, 11:04
Hi, am new in this site and i have read some of the messages but cant find the answer to my questions.
My wife's spousal visa will expire this october and to apply for ILR it says about no recourse to public funds. Would it affect to her application for ILR since am claiming housing and council tax benefits, am also currently receiving guaranteed pension credits and my wife is not working as she is not lucking in her job quest.
Anyone could give us advice as to what we need to do? Do I need to be out of the housing and council tax benefits?
Thank you very much for your time.

you'll be alright as long as your wife not claiming any benefit, same cases to my friend but she was granted her ILR and now she's applying her citizenship

georyz
18th January 2009, 21:02
Thanks for the replies.
When my wife arrives I inform the council about her stay with me and they change the council tax to the normal rate (no more discount) after submitting our MC and her NIN. I also inform the pension people and my pension is still for single as she cant recourse to public funds. I hope that everything will be alright when we apply for her ILR.
Is there anyone here who is of the same situation as ours that got their wife's ILR with no problem? I wish to hear from you...
Once again thank you for everyone who spent time to reply on my query.