PDA

View Full Version : Storm Hit CDO

Mrs Daddy
18th January 2009, 11:40
I dunno where to start but a week earlier I have phone my sister in PI and was told that they suffered severe flooding in our city not just a normal flood but it covered the majority of Misamis Oriental it was an unusual flood as it never happened before the officials in our City blames the illigal logging in the city.Cagayan de Oro City is not known for storm but probably the illegal logging is to blame for the said incident.My auntie who lived in seaside was one of the victim as well of the said storm as the strong wind blew their roof and as what my sister said the norwegian government offered their helped as well to the people of CDO i just cant believe what was happening right now:NoNo:Hope no more storm coming:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

KeithD
18th January 2009, 11:45
"Illegal logging" :Erm:

Very easy to stop if the government wanted, but they make money from it.

Mrs.JMajor
18th January 2009, 11:58
yes ,those who's cutting tress all the times on top of mountain are most the reason of flooding,when the rain /water pour and no tress to hold the water from going down to level area, thats it:NoNo:

illegal logging-(illegal loggers)not authorized to cut tress ,they sell those woods to hardware
So protect environment and natural resources:D

yes,we saw it from TV Mrs Daddy :)

Sim11UK
18th January 2009, 12:20
Yes, I understand it was raining for days & cold too.

jimeve
18th January 2009, 14:42
yes ,those who's cutting tress all the times on top of mountain are most the reason of flooding,when the rain /water pour and no tress to hold the water from going down to level area, thats it:NoNo:

illegal logging-(illegal loggers)not authorized to cut tress ,they sell those woods to hardware
So protect environment and natural resources:D

yes,we saw it from TV Mrs Daddy :)

Why don't they replace (grow) trees they have cut. not too difficult.

KeithD
18th January 2009, 16:23
Why don't they replace (grow) trees they have cut. not too difficult.
Costs money!

PeterB
18th January 2009, 16:30
Costs money!

... and takes time!

Mrs Daddy
19th January 2009, 11:13
yyyeeezzzz watta terrible ordeal its easy to cut trees but its hard to replace them and it takes time to grow them.I guess by nature human are greedy specially those who`s got power in government.always the less fortunate people sufferes.

jimeve
19th January 2009, 18:46
Of course ti takes time and money. wife planted 20 trees on her fathers lot
20 years ago, cost, time only, ready for felling now, will plant more trees for the next generation.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/140756/Bill-seeks-to-require-foreigners-to-plant-trees

Mrs Daddy
20th January 2009, 12:11
goodluck jimeve:D