PDA

View Full Version : Aplication step 1.

smiler78
19th January 2009, 10:06
Hello everyone im just back from visiting my new fiancee and now really keen to start the fiance visa application the one concern I have is my bank statements are not looking so great right now as im paying 2 mortgages for the last 18months while Ive been renovating a second house which is now on the market as an investment that I should do well on, hopefully this will only be a short term problem. Will I be required to show my bank statements for the application or will months of up to date pay slips showing a good income and proof of 2 houses and mortgages statements showing the collateral I have to come back be enough to cover the able to support section? Im sure ill have many questions to come but as this is my first post ill start with just this.

Many thanks.
Carl.

Mrs.JMajor
19th January 2009, 10:59
Let me welcome you first smiler :Hellooo: well ,show all the evidence of income as possible to convince the ECO,that you can support your fiancee then

smiler78
19th January 2009, 11:09
Let me welcome you first smiler :Hellooo: well ,show all the evidence of income as possible to convince the ECO,you can support your fiancee then
Thank you for the fast reply, I'm hoping ill have the house sold real soon but my back dated bank statements will not be looking so hot as Ive been paying for all the work on the house and a not so cheap 3 week trip to Phil over Christmas, I have wage slips from the last 2 years showing at least £450 going into my account each week but I'm often in my overdraft just really worried now that my expensive single life style is now going to cause trouble for my future happiness.

Mrs.JMajor
19th January 2009, 11:14
but I'm often in my overdraft just really worried now that my expensive single life style is now going to cause trouble for my future happiness.
that was the most important requirement from you as sponsor"bank statement" well i heard something here that they loan from the bank,just to show to the ECO that u had savings,hows that ?

wish u good luck on the future application ,keep posting and reading info here,this site will help u lotssssss

tiN
19th January 2009, 11:23
welcome smiler :)

smiler78
19th January 2009, 11:35
Yeah nothing is ever simple is it, if only I had seen 2 years ago myself falling in love with a girl from the Philippines!! Right I'm getting onto the estate agents today and kick some life into them and get that bank statement back to somewhere near healthy, I'm thinking that as long as I have good funds there sometime soon and can show the reason was the house it should be all OK. thanks again for the welcome to the forum

Ann07
19th January 2009, 14:07
Welcome smiler:)

smiler78
19th January 2009, 14:11
Thanks Ann07 im just blown away with how friendly im finding my first ever forumand in one morning learnt so much about what I need to get the visa for my girl, shame is the biggest problem is I need to get my bank account looking nice and pretty!!! oh does anyone know how I can convert a picture from my pc small enough to upload here for my profile??

Thanks all

adam&chryss
19th January 2009, 15:00
welocme to the forum smiler78! :Hellooo:

well i'm not really expert into this.. in our case my husband just showed small amount savings in his bank statements then he explained in his letter of support the reason why.
i guess as long as u have a good monthly income and will explain everything in the letter on how u will support ur fiancee, will be fine.. i'm not so sure about it though.
btw, we applied for spouse visa and it's approved :)

chryss

smiler78
19th January 2009, 15:13
Wow that's great news for you both, you must be very excited,. We are just trying to be strong as being so far apart is not easy as everyone here knows but reading everyone's stories here has really picked me up and even though we have so much to do and maybe many months to wait I can see there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you.
Carl.

jbt
19th January 2009, 16:40
hello, welcome to the forum.