PDA

View Full Version : Coming to the UK.

Fountainhead
20th January 2009, 18:00
Hi all,

Now we have our fiancee visa we're starting to plan my fiancees journey to the UK and have just a few questions.

1- CFO - Do you need to book an appointment in advance or can you just walk up on the day? Her friend has just got her visa to go to the USA and I think they are planning on going together, are there seperate seminars for the USA and UK or can they stay together for the whole process? Once completed is it only valid for a certain period of time? her visa starts on March the 1st but she won't be coming to the UK until April 9th but she plans to go and get the CFO done at the end of this month.

2- MEDICAL - Just want to confirm that she needs to have a chest xray and a certificate saying she is free from TB. Can she have this done at any hospital in the Philippines or does it have to be somewhere officially recognised by the immigration authorities here in the UK? I know she can have this done when she arrives in the UK but we'd rather get it done before she travels to avoid delays at the airport here.

3 - CLEARING IMMIGRATION IN UK - She will obviously carry her passport with visa and cfo stamp and her xray results with her in her hand luggage but is there anything else that she might need to present here at immigration control? I will be travelling with her, is it ok if i queue with her in the line for non EU passport holders even thou i have a UK passport? I just think maybe there will be more chance of her getting thru immigration control quickly and smoothly without being asked lots of questions if we present ourselves together.

Thanks for your time :)

Ann07
20th January 2009, 18:15
Hi all,

Now we have our fiancee visa we're starting to plan my fiancees journey to the UK and have just a few questions.

1- CFO - Do you need to book an appointment in advance or can you just walk up on the day? Her friend has just got her visa to go to the USA and I think they are planning on going together, are there seperate seminars for the USA and UK or can they stay together for the whole process? Once completed is it only valid for a certain period of time? her visa starts on March the 1st but she won't be coming to the UK until April 9th but she plans to go and get the CFO done at the end of this month.

2- MEDICAL - Just want to confirm that she needs to have a chest xray and a certificate saying she is free from TB. Can she have this done at any hospital in the Philippines or does it have to be somewhere officially recognised by the immigration authorities here in the UK? I know she can have this done when she arrives in the UK but we'd rather get it done before she travels to avoid delays at the airport here.

3 - CLEARING IMMIGRATION IN UK - She will obviously carry her passport with visa and cfo stamp and her xray results with her in her hand luggage but is there anything else that she might need to present here at immigration control? I will be travelling with her, is it ok if i queue with her in the line for non EU passport holders even thou i have a UK passport? I just think maybe there will be more chance of her getting thru immigration control quickly and smoothly without being asked lots of questions if we present ourselves together.

Wow, congrats:)

1. When i had it in cebu no need for an apointment just be there early coz they will only get a few numbers of applicant if its busy. I guess they are always busy:rolleyes:

2. I dont have any medical records with me when i travelled and i was not asked when i arrived in newcastle. But for some members they do have it, better have it too.

3. I think you cannot queue with your fiancee. Only her passport. so nothing to worry:)

Goodluck:)

amyburple
20th January 2009, 18:34
Halu no need to get appointment at CFO... You can go there, It will start as early as 8:30. Just prepare for 650... 200 for registration i guess, 400 is certificate...

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

amyburple
20th January 2009, 18:35
Wow, congrats:)

1. When i had it in cebu no need for an apointment just be there early coz they will only get a few numbers of applicant if its busy. I guess they are always busy:rolleyes:

2. I dont have any medical records with me when i travelled and i was not asked when i arrived in newcastle. But for some members they do have it, better have it too.

3. I think you cannot queue with your fiancee. Only her passport. so nothing to worry:)

Goodluck:)
No need to book sis... just prepare 650 and some requirements.. I just called last Monday

Ann07
20th January 2009, 18:44
No need to book sis... just prepare 650 and some requirements.. I just called last Monday

I think you didnt read my post carefully amy:D
I didnt say that you have to booked it:omg:

amyburple
20th January 2009, 18:52
I think you didnt read my post carefully amy:D
I didnt say that you have to booked it:omg:
sorry not intended to reply in your post ann having trouble on loading the computer....

Ann07
20th January 2009, 18:53
sorry not intended to reply in your post ann having trouble on loading the computer....

not a problem:)

amyburple
20th January 2009, 18:55
not a problem:)
okay!!! I posted new thread regarding this loading and processing if you CLICK the POST QUICK REPLY... ty

flomike
20th January 2009, 19:40
Hi all,

CFO- no interview just pop in early

Medical- I had one on heathrow by chance. as long as she has an x-ray it doesn't matter where. UK is not strict in medical:)

last year when we went to Phils then back to UK of course I went to non-EU passport holders and its quite a big que as always then I saw my husband just pass thru, the immigration officer ask me if my husband is with me I said yes she said next time you can ask him to join you its not a prob that was in Gatwick. there's no harm in trying.

joebloggs
20th January 2009, 20:50
last year when we went to Phils then back to UK of course I went to non-EU passport holders and its quite a big que as always then I saw my husband just pass thru, the immigration officer ask me if my husband is with me I said yes she said next time you can ask him to join you its not a prob that was in Gatwick. there's no harm in trying.

yes, it depends on the IO, as long as your hubby is with you, you could try joining either queue, just be in the same one and go together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fountainhead
20th January 2009, 22:01
Thanks for the replies. We will queue together, the worst they can do is turn me away and tell me to go to the other line. Just want to do all that I can to get out the airport as quickly and smoothly as possible. I think the last thing you want after 2 long flights when you are both feeling tired is to be delayed further while you have to wait for a medical officer or wait for an immigration officer to grill you about your plans and why you are entering the country.

Frances
20th January 2009, 22:13
hi Fountainhead

When i came last December my fiance queued with me and it was a lot faster because he answered most of the questions for me and we were ask to go to the heath control room where they ask for your xray but if you dont have it with you they will just ask your telephone and address and send you a letter a week after to register with the gp in your area : )

Jay&Zobel
20th January 2009, 22:32
CFO- no interview just pop in early

Medical- I had one on heathrow by chance. as long as she has an x-ray it doesn't matter where. UK is not strict in medical:)

mY HUSBAND WAS ALSO ADVISED THAT NEXT TIME, WE COULD QUEUE IN THE UK PASSPORT HOLDERS NOT THE Rest Of the World... So it is safe... But since she is not a UK passport holder then, it is up to you whether you would like to accompany her or not... But it will be fine what ever right? To save you from any hassle let her go with you! (UK Passport queue)!!!

miayela
21st January 2009, 16:50
Hi all,

Hello fountainhead its okay to go with your friend to atend the seminar its best to go to cfo office early morning be there before 9, they will ask you to watch a documentary video and you will have your counseling afterwards..

They will issue you a cfo certificate and have your passport sticker when your done..

Its a whole morning process you can finish it before 12 noon just like mine..

Good luck on your flight and be safe:Britain:..