PDA

View Full Version : CNI from British Embassy Manila

paulgee
22nd January 2009, 22:19
I will be arriving at Manila airport from the UK on Fri 30th at 10 am. I would like to go straight to the British Embassy to exchange my cni for the Filipino version.

However they close at 12 noon on Friday. Reproduced below are their opening hours; does this mean that they only accept applications in the morning, and only allow collection of cni's in the afternoon? In which case I may as well do the whole thing the following Monday!

Appreciate any advice from members...

Consular Section public hours:
Submissions: Monday-Friday, 07:45-12:00
Includes: passports, certificates of non-impediment, birth registrations and consular assistance.

Collections: Monday-Thursday, 14:30-15:30
Includes: passports, birth registrations and consular assistance.

Shayla
23rd January 2009, 00:59
I will be arriving at Manila airport from the UK on Fri 30th at 10 am. I would like to go straight to the British Embassy to exchange my cni for the Filipino version.

However they close at 12 noon on Friday. Reproduced below are their opening hours; does this mean that they only accept applications in the morning, and only allow collection of cni's in the afternoon? In which case I may as well do the whole thing the following Monday!

Appreciate any advice from members...

Consular Section public hours:
Submissions: Monday-Friday, 07:45-12:00
Includes: passports, certificates of non-impediment, birth registrations and consular assistance.

Collections: Monday-Thursday, 14:30-15:30
Includes: passports, birth registrations and consular assistance.

Hello Paulgee,

If you will change your CNI to legal capacity to contract marriage and you can't make it in the morning,tell your wife to phone the Embassy and explain that you will arrive at 10:00 am on Friday and your not sure if there's any delay of your flight cos they will understand. Like mine, I applied a British passport for my daughter then collection time of passport is from 2:30-3:30.I phoned them and told them that I can't make it in the afternoon cos my flight back to CDO is 2:40pm and asked them if they will allow me to get it in the morning around 7:45 and they said okay so I did.

For sure they will understand your side. There's no harm if you phone them and ask them if ever you can change the CNI to legal capacity to contract marriage in the afternoon. Anyway it closes at 3ish.

Good luck and advance happy wedding to both of you!.

empott
23rd January 2009, 01:27
When we exchanged the CNI of my hubby, he was done in 30 mins. We went to the Consulate in Angeles City though and that was 3 years ago. :D

scottishbride
23rd January 2009, 01:56
I just recently went to British embassy and exchange my hubby's CNI. Same here empott, it was done 30 mins. :Hellooo:

empott
23rd January 2009, 02:32
That's good news for Paul then, scottishbride. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
23rd January 2009, 04:59
Hello Paulgee,

If you will change your CNI to legal capacity to contract marriage and you can't make it in the morning,tell your wife to phone the Embassy and explain that you will arrive at 10:00 am on Friday and your not sure if there's any delay of your flight cos they will understand. Like mine, I applied a British passport for my daughter then collection time of passport is from 2:30-3:30.I phoned them and told them that I can't make it in the afternoon cos my flight back to CDO is 2:40pm and asked them if they will allow me to get it in the morning around 7:45 and they said okay so I did.

For sure they will understand your side. There's no harm if you phone them and ask them if ever you can change the CNI to legal capacity to contract marriage in the afternoon. Anyway it closes at 3ish.

Good luck and advance happy wedding to both of you!.

Thanks Shayla, I did try to call the embassy this morning, but unfortunately I can not get thru in, it was always busy....I'll try to call it again later......
I wish you all the best and hope you'll get your visa soon..

Shirley

paulgee
23rd January 2009, 05:03
I just recently went to British embassy and exchange my hubby's CNI. Same here empott, it was done 30 mins. :Hellooo:

Thanks Scottishbride..

paulgee
23rd January 2009, 05:08
That's good news for Paul then, scottishbride. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Emma, that gives us hope then..Hope we can get in at the embassy before it will close at 12pm and we can obtain the converted local cni within that day....

Shirley..

empott
23rd January 2009, 06:06
Hi Shirley, hope that Paul won't get held up in the airport and you guys wont get stuck in the traffic so u can change the CNI on Friday. Or else another day is wasted. Remember you have to wait for 10 days for the marriage license. Congratulations to you both on your forthcoming wedding. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scottishbride
23rd January 2009, 10:48
Thanks Scottishbride..

No problem. Goodluck and Best wishes! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

girl england
23rd January 2009, 18:03
best wishes u both