PDA

View Full Version : new id cards

sala74
25th January 2009, 16:26
hi, just a question to all people who have recently applied for there ILR. did you all get your biometrics details taken??? my wife has to apply for her ILR in march, so just wondering if this is a requirement now... cheers stuart

Ann07
25th January 2009, 16:30
hi, just a question to all people who have recently applied for there ILR. did you all get your biometrics details taken??? my wife has to apply for her ILR in march, so just wondering if this is a requirement now... cheers stuart

Hi:D

I will be applying my ilr soon too:) When i checked the form it wasnt stated there. So hopefully they wont send a letter to book the scan:Erm::doh.

Goodluck to us.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sala74
25th January 2009, 16:41
im not sure, it dosnt say you need on in the forms for the ILR, but it does say on the id card website that all spouses need to apply for an ID card from 25th of november 2008. So i was looking to hear from people who have applied after that , good luck to you, im sure we`ll be fine

Ann07
25th January 2009, 16:49
im not sure, it dosnt say you need on in the forms for the ILR, but it does say on the id card website that all spouses need to apply for an ID card from 25th of november 2008. So i was looking to hear from people who have applied after that , good luck to you, im sure we`ll be fine

I just read this from the HO. Hope this will help us clear our doubts:cwm34:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/managingourborders/compulsoryidcards/IDcards/foreignnationalsforidcards.pdf?view=Binary

It does says there in the different stages that they will start implementing it for ILR from April 2011. Hope got it right:Erm:

sala74
25th January 2009, 17:00
if you look at the roll out section of your link, section 3.2. it say people looking to stay in UK as a married partner will need an ID card. i think i will call and find out if its needed

Ann07
25th January 2009, 17:14
if you look at the roll out section of your link, section 3.2. it say people looking to stay in UK as a married partner will need an ID card. i think i will call and find out if its needed

Is this what u mean?:Erm:

3.2 We have reviewed several options for roll-out, including by geography, nationality, application type, or a mixture of these. A geographic roll-out would allow displacement and has therefore been discounted
– those seeking to abuse the system would simply apply from another address. Roll-out by nationality has also been discounted.

Well, its not really clear how the HO stated the id card on what kind of visa etc... so you are right better phone them.
Please keep me posted on their feedbacks:)

Cheers:)

sala74
25th January 2009, 17:16
sorry, it was section 3.4!!!!!

darren-b
25th January 2009, 17:20
My understanding is you would need to get an ID card if you were applying for FLR not if you are applying for ILR.

From 25 November 2008 we will begin to issue identity cards to foreign nationals applying for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom under certain categories. The first cards will be issued to migrants applying as:

- a student; or
- the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner of someone holding permanent residence in the United Kingdom.

Ann07
25th January 2009, 17:29
sorry, it was section 3.4!!!!!

Thats what i thought:)

A friend of mine applied for flr this month, the HO sent her a letter for the biometric scan and she sent it to me. Its says there:

Those who are making applications for further leave to remain flr(m) and flr(s), and those who are applying for a replacement identity card for foreign nationals form icfn (rc) , are required to provide their biometric scan as part of the introduction of id cards for foriegn nationals on nov 25, 2008.

SO i think they are doing it by stages:):Erm:

sala74
25th January 2009, 17:34
having read it more carefully!!!! i think your right.....

Ann07
25th January 2009, 17:39
having read it more carefully!!!! i think your right.....

:D:) This wont affect us hopefully :):):)