PDA

View Full Version : Dental Fee

Pepe n Pilar
27th January 2009, 16:12
I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. The receptionist said the consultation is £16.50 and polishing is £32.50. Perhaps polishing is done after cleaning? My dentist in the Phils said it is advisable to have the teeth cleaned once a year. Anyone here has an idea how much does it cost?

LadyJ
27th January 2009, 16:27
Im sure the cleaning fee is included with the consultation fee.

Give it a go, you only treat your teeth once a year but uses them everyday:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
27th January 2009, 16:28
I think it's pretty standard in the UK to have your checkup + clean and polish every six months.
Iain.

Ann07
27th January 2009, 16:33
I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. The receptionist said the consultation is £16.50 and polishing is £32.50. Perhaps polishing is done after cleaning? My dentist in the Phils said it is advisable to have the teeth cleaned once a year. Anyone here has an idea how much does it costs?

Been here for nearly 3 years never pay for my dental due to im always preggy:Rasp::icon_lol:. I have it clean twice a year or every 6 months. But my husband normally pays around 20 to 30 pounds for cleaning or some repairs:icon_lol: less if only cleaning:)

I always have it every 6 months in the PI also cleaning.

KeithD
27th January 2009, 17:31
Been here for nearly 3 years never pay for my dental due to im always preggy.
For 3 years? :Erm:

Ann07
27th January 2009, 18:38
For 3 years? :Erm:

hahahahaha:icon_lol::icon_lol: free dental check up during p:icon_lol:pregnancy and a year after u have your baby:D so i still have till next year boss:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pennybarry
27th January 2009, 18:49
:D
I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. The receptionist said the consultation is £16.50 and polishing is £32.50. Perhaps polishing is done after cleaning? My dentist in the Phils said it is advisable to have the teeth cleaned once a year. Anyone here has an idea how much does it costs?

We pay 15£ for consultation as we have private dentist. Thats how expensive is private dentist:D

vbkelly
27th January 2009, 20:22
yeah need to clean every 6months i paid £ 16.50 filling £30 up its depend how big the hole

bornatbirth
27th January 2009, 20:23
i think £16.50 is the standard cost of a nhs dentist?

thats for the check up and quick clean?

but anything else may cost more depending on the dentist and the the service.

jimeve
27th January 2009, 20:42
Went to Dentist last week for a checkup £ 16 just for opening my gob 5 mins,

then have to go tomorrow for fillings, let you know how much it cost.

Sim11UK
27th January 2009, 20:58
Yep! £16.40 is what I paid recently for an NHS check up.
I notice they don't do the clean & polish as much as they used to.

nigel
27th January 2009, 23:06
I brush my teeth and I've only been to the dentist when I suffered an abcess...which, hurt, a bit, it :censored: hurt a lot!:cwm23: hahahahaha:icon_lol:

I'm not paying no dentist unless it's absolutely necassary!:)

Jay&Zobel
28th January 2009, 05:30
hahahahaha:icon_lol::icon_lol: free dental check up during p:icon_lol:pregnancy and a year after u have your baby:D so i still have till next year boss:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

OH REALLY? I THOUGHT IT'S ONLY 1 YEAR SINCE U HAVE INFORMED THE NHS U R PREGNANT? ... HMMM...

thanks for the info!!!
:Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
28th January 2009, 11:31
Thanks for the information from you guys. Well appreciated:). Yes this is NHS dentist because private is more expensive. I received a confirmation on my email which says:

"Pls give at least 24 hrs notice if you can't keep this appt. If more than one appt. is missed you will be denied NHS treatment. A charge will be made for failure to attend an appt. for Private Treatment".

So i guess everyone has given the chance to the NHS before the private dentist? or 2 separate bills?

What made you choose the private dentist Penny barry?

If ever i don't like my dentist i can transfer, can't i?

My Dentist in the Phils told me at least 6mos to a max of one year for the cleaning to maintain nice teeth and healthy gums.

The consultation here is cheaper bec in Canada it costs $177.00.

Anyway, i will know the charges of the cleaning later after my appt.

bornatbirth
28th January 2009, 11:47
if u miss a appointment they can charge you the the £16.50! so never be late or forget.

you pay £16.50 but the nhs pays the rest like a top up and thats for a basic checkup all other services will cost u more?

check ups here are now every year unless the dentist feels you need one in 6 months?

private is far more expensive in england and they can charge whatever they like,so stick to the nhs as it will cost far less :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
28th January 2009, 16:57
Hmmm ... I think I paid 500 pesos for check up and cleaning. Fillings are 700 pesos. But root canal work is expensive ... 3,000 pesos!

Pepe n Pilar
28th January 2009, 17:44
Hmmm ... I think I paid 500 pesos for check up and cleaning. Fillings are 700 pesos. But root canal work is expensive ... 3,000 pesos!

There is no consultation fee in the Phils. They will just charge you whatever services they made. Fillings costs P800.00/tooth and cleaning P400.00. I guess cleaning charges depends if the teeth are really stained or not.

I already visited my NHS dentist and i paid £16.20 at the counter and fill up the forms then was told to wait at the lounge. I got there 20 minutes ahead of my schedule. I was charged £44.60 for cleaning and polishing (paid in advance). That's fair enough. I'm glad.:). My next appt will be Feb 25 (gosh that is a month from now).:NoNo:

jimeve
28th January 2009, 19:41
Today i went for my fillings, first cleaned them with that thingy that makes a high pitch noise. then the jab, nothing, then another jab, nothing again,
so he continued the treatment drilling into my tooth, hey that:censored:hurts.
so he said make another appointment or get another Dentist.:furious3:
I must be allergic to what makes gum's go numb :Erm:

That cost £28.90.

vbkelly
28th January 2009, 20:00
OH REALLY? I THOUGHT IT'S ONLY 1 YEAR SINCE U HAVE INFORMED THE NHS U R PREGNANT? ... HMMM...

thanks for the info!!!
:Hellooo:

lol she's preggy again that's why

Geraldine
29th January 2009, 13:30
That reminds me...need to make an appoinment for my free dental check-up. Like Ann007, we get it free for a yr if you are pregnant!

Ann007..do u know what you having? Mine is a boy again..for the 3rd time :D

Ann07
29th January 2009, 19:19
That reminds me...need to make an appoinment for my free dental check-up. Like Ann007, we get it free for a yr if you are pregnant!

Ann007..do u know what you having? Mine is a boy again..for the 3rd time :D

Oh dear oh dear:icon_lol: just had my scan today its another boy:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Congrats to us geraldine:D