PDA

View Full Version : Single or annulled?

scottishbride
28th January 2009, 10:32
Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me. I am annulled and I was told by my Lawyer that my civil status is now single.My fiancee and I applied for marriage license at the City hall this morning and the clerk asked me to put annulled on our application. But when I filled up my application at the Church I have put single as my civil status and they didn't question it. But they are aware that I am annulled infact they had a copy of my MC, Cert. of finality and Decisions.

bornatbirth
28th January 2009, 10:49
just put single on everything and whenever asked put annulled?

Mrs.JMajor
28th January 2009, 12:01
sure thing,when you are annulled,yes you are single again,isn't it :) Where you from here in PI scottishbride

johncar54
28th January 2009, 14:11
sure thing,when you are annulled,yes you are single again,isn't it :) Where you from here in PI scottishbride

I am pretty sure that getting an annulment in Phil, which in almost every case is a divorce by another name, does not count in the Catholic Church.

In the church the annulment means the marriage was never a legal marriage, unlike the gov who make the order for a reason applicable to Phil law.

Therefore, a person who has a government annulment is not free to marry in the Catholic Church.

John 'one time a catholic'

Mrs.JMajor
28th January 2009, 14:36
Therefore, a person who has a government annulment is not free to marry in the Catholic Church.
John 'one time a catholic'
you are right,church and government always have different looks in life,also in family planning (population control):doh

So just wondering Scottish bride seems legible to marry on church wedding

johncar54
28th January 2009, 14:46

I would say almost certainly No.

scottishbride
28th January 2009, 15:50

I would say almost certainly No.

Hey Grandpa! You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about, I am civilly annulled and I have never been married in the church. Please do not give advice unless you know the true facts and law of the Philippines, I am looking for a civil answer just like anyone else would do, please be resonable with others! :Rasp:

scottishbride
28th January 2009, 15:51

Thanks for your comment, I am located in Cainta Rizal! What about you where are you residing?:)

johncar54
28th January 2009, 16:25
Hey Grandpa! You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about, I am civilly annulled and I have never been married in the church. Please do not give advice unless you know the true facts and law of the Philippines, I am looking for a civil answer just like anyone else would do, please be resonable with others!

Nice to read your reply, pity it was not very polite but then, as a 'grandad,' a former senior police officer with a 'reasonable grasp' of the UK law of annulment, and a former catholic, I make allowances.

I was not advising you as you did not give enough details for anyone to understand your position.

I was really making the point that a person whose marriage is recognised, as a marriage, by the church cannot get married again in the church unless the marriage is 'annulled' as per the rules of the church.

That means, in simple, layman, terms, that if the first marriage was a legally binding marriage, then any so called annulment by the the Phil Gov would not be recognised as an annulment according to the church.

PS Is Mr Timbole still the Registrar in Cainta? I was married by the mayor in Cainta and a friend of mine will apply for a marriage licence there tomorrow, Small world !

scottishbride
28th January 2009, 16:34
Hey Grandpa! You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about, I am civilly annulled and I have never been married in the church. Please do not give advice unless you know the true facts and law of the Philippines, I am looking for a civil answer just like anyone else would do, please be resonable with others!

Nice to read your reply, pity it was not very polite but then, as a 'grandad,' a former senior police officer with a 'reasonable grasp' of the UK law of annulment, and a former catholic, I make allowances.

I was not advising you as you did not give enough details for anyone to understand your position.

I was really making the point that a person whose marriage is recognised, as a marriage, by the church cannot get married again in the church unless the marriage is 'annulled' as per the rules of the church.

That means, in simple, layman, terms, that if the first marriage was a legally binding marriage, then any so called annulment by the the Phil Gov would not be recognised as an annulment according to the church.

PS Is Mr Timbole still the Registrar in Cainta? I was married by the mayor in Cainta and a friend of mine will apply for a marriage licence there tomorrow, Small world !

Okay thank you for your detailed comment! I am sure you understand that the name Grandpa is a mark of respect in our culture! I really do appreciate your reasoning for the misunderstanding, it seems you are a former law figure from the UK. Yes Mr Timbol still the registrar in Cainta!

pennybarry
28th January 2009, 19:06
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I salute you Sir!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
29th January 2009, 00:58
Okay thank you for your detailed comment! I am sure you understand that the name Grandpa is a mark of respect in our culture! I really do appreciate your reasoning for the misunderstanding, it seems you are a former law figure from the UK. Yes Mr Timbol still the registrar in Cainta!

Wow,small world where you now John,you can Be a godfather of scottishbride on her future wedding,

And we are nighbour scottishbride,Im here in Binangonan Rizal,see Cainta Rizal,small world again:Hellooo:

scottishbride
29th January 2009, 06:18
Hello neighbor! Maybe we can bump into each other sometime. Just a quick question what civil status did you put on your marriage contract, is it single or annulled? I am really cofused...:Erm:

charlwill
29th January 2009, 06:24
Hello neighbor! Maybe we can bump into each other sometime. Just a quick question what civil status did you put on your marriage contract, is it single or annulled? I am really cofused...:Erm:

My friend just got married recently there in the Phils. She was annulled to her ex-husband and when they (her & new bf) applied for a marriage license she put annulled. Same as when your divorced, you will put divorced in the marriage license as well.

scottishbride
29th January 2009, 06:26
My friend just got married recently there in the Phils. She was annulled to her ex-husband and when they applied for a marriage license she out annulled. Same as when your divorced, you will put divorced in the marriage license as well.

Thanks for the info. :)

johncar54
29th January 2009, 09:12
Wow,small world where you now John,you can Be a godfather of scottishbride on her future wedding,

And we are nighbour scottishbride,Im here in Binangonan Rizal,see Cainta Rizal,small world again

Mrs J Major.

We live in the south of Spain.

My wife's father has a house in Binangonan, even smaller world !

Mrs.JMajor
29th January 2009, 14:19
[I]
My wife's father has a house in Binangonan, even smaller world !

:yikes: really ? mention her the place "Pantok" at binangonan :)