PDA

View Full Version : Fiance dependents - education rights?

Ady
29th January 2009, 10:20
Hi,

We have applied for a fiance visa, and have included Shei's daughter in the application. If we were granted, would Shei's daughter have rights to education?

One reason I ask is that, in proving that we have the daughter's well-being at heart, we have indicated that we would seek to enrol her at a local junior school should we be granted.

I appreciate maybe no-one knows the definitive answer, because it is a rare form of application. I have tried searching the net for a definitive answer, but can't find any!

Any info would be, as always, greatly received.

IainBusby
29th January 2009, 10:25
Hi,

We have applied for a fiance visa, and have included Shei's daughter in the application. If we were granted, would Shei's daughter have rights to education?

One reason I ask is that, in proving that we have the daughter's well-being at heart, we have indicated that we would seek to enrol her at a local junior school should we be granted.

I appreciate maybe no-one knows the definitive answer, because it is a rare form of application. I have tried searching the net for a definitive answer, but can't find any!

Any info would be, as always, greatly received.

As far as I know every child that is actually living in this country has the right to free state education, in fact I think you would be prosecuted if you didn't send her to school.
Iain.

Ady
29th January 2009, 10:51
Good stuff, more or less my line of thought. It would be a form of cruelty if she wasn't attending school. She is about to turn 11, so if we are granted it would be the perfect time in her education. Especially as every kid will be a new kid at the Comprehensive.

winner
29th January 2009, 18:01
every kid in the uk gets free education no matter what nationality thay are