PDA

View Full Version : Going back again

Gavanddal
31st January 2009, 09:55
It doesn't seem like I've been back in the UK that long. Well it was November when I went to Malapascua and now I've booked to go back again for 3 weeks this November but this time with my wife and daughter.
It amazes me that the flights are £100 cheaper than they were 5 years ago.
If I remember rightly the prices were

November 2004 £605 Cathay Pacific
February 2005 £615 Cathay Pacific
November 2006 £475 (I think) Qatar Airways
November 2008 £595 Qatar Airways

and this time it's...
November 2009 £507 Cathay Pacific

With all the fuel price variations, green taxes, pundits saying foreign holidays are too expensive now so people are sticking to UK holidays that prices wouldn't be that cheap.

Obviously the exchange rate is against us and my trip last year cost everyone 20% extra than we originally budgetted for but it's still fairly cheap to stay in the Phils and I for one will keep on going.

KeithD
31st January 2009, 10:21
They reduced the Vegas flights by £100 AFTER I'd already booked :doh

Normally prices go up the closer to the date, but obviously they are not filling the seats up.

somebody
31st January 2009, 11:04
Many chinese students are staying in the Uk for holidays as its cheaper to say here now.

Less holiday makers to hong kong etc

Good news as long as the number of flights stays at the same level, which i guess they will have to do to keep the slot at the airports? May see some good deals

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 11:22
It amazes me that the flights are £100 cheaper than they were 5 years ago.
If I remember rightly the prices were

oh it was a bit more than 5yrs ago, but cheapest flight i got to the phils was £380 Air France :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope they don't go up too much, were hoping to go to the phils in dec, first time in near 5yrs :yikes:

somebody
31st January 2009, 11:27
oh it was a bit more than 5yrs ago, but cheapest flight i got to the phils was £380 Air France :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope they don't go up too much, were hoping to go to the phils in dec, first time in near 5yrs :yikes:

Wow grandpas going on a jet plane no bi plane this time:D

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 11:52
Wow grandpas going on a jet plane no bi plane this time:D

so long since we've been, i've forgot what its like to be wide awake on a plane for 14hrs :Erm:, well if the misses don't pass her exam on Tuesday, were not going :D

4 air tickets to pay for :NoNo:, exams to pay for £600+ :NoNo:, hospital fees 39k php :NoNo:, citizenship and passports £650+£200:NoNo:, wall needs rebuilding on side of the house :Brick: :NoNo:

it's time i went to the gov, and ask them for a £1billion loan to bail me out :Help1: or i could goto RBS and ask them, same people anyway :icon_lol:

KeithD
31st January 2009, 11:59
I remember paying something around £230 to Singapore in the late 90's on Lufthansa! :cwm24:

Gavanddal
31st January 2009, 12:00

...But I bet it took you about 25 hours to get there. I know you can get really cheap flights if you choose lousy dates and go the long way to get there.
I much prefer 16 hours via Hong Kong only.

I remember working in Frankfurt and seeing loads of Chinese and Pakistanis flying there from London to get cheaper flights back home.

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 12:36
...But I bet it took you about 25 hours to get there. I know you can get really cheap flights if you choose lousy dates and go the long way to get there.
I much prefer 16 hours via Hong Kong only.

I remember working in Frankfurt and seeing loads of Chinese and Pakistanis flying there from London to get cheaper flights back home.

nope, it was from Manchester to cdg then straight to Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i only travel with european airlines or singapore :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gavanddal
31st January 2009, 13:17
nope, it was from Manchester to cdg then straight to Manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i only travel with european airlines or singapore :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So you're telling me that it didn't take longer than 16 hours?? I don't believe you. :Erm:

somebody
31st January 2009, 13:33
So you're telling me that it didn't take longer than 16 hours?? I don't believe you. :Erm:

Joe bought his watch of a scouser it was missing ten hours

KeithD
31st January 2009, 13:41
Joe bought his watch of a scouser it was missing ten hours
Just 10....he got a good deal then! :D

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 13:53

http://www.theairdb.com/connection/CDG-MNL.html

12:50 mins from cdg to manila

yes + a couple of hours from man to cdg and waiting at the airport ..

yes i think ive done it from manc to manila in 16/17 hrs with air france

somebody
31st January 2009, 13:56
http://www.theairdb.com/connection/CDG-MNL.html

12:50 mins from cdg to manila

yes + a couple of hours from man to cdg and waiting at the airport ..

yes i think ive done it from manc to manila in 16/17 hrs with air france

There was a fair wind blowing behind the zepplin that day:D

jimeve
31st January 2009, 13:59
There was a fair wind blowing behind the zepplin that day:D

That must have been Joe farting.:D

joebloggs
31st January 2009, 14:34
That must have been Joe farting.:D

nope the only wind around here is coming from you lot talking out of your :action-smiley-081:

:yikes: :D

yes i think 16/17hrs max from manc to mnl, thou i dont think air frances goes to mnl anymore since they joined with klm.

cheesewiz
31st January 2009, 14:42
I booked mine to Qatar airways for Dec...I got it for £480:) When Im looking for cheaper price the PIC-UK quote me that price so I grab it before its too late. Here I am Phils.

Mrs.JMajor
31st January 2009, 14:53
I booked mine to Qatar airways for Dec...I got it for £480:) When Im looking for cheaper price the PIC-UK quote me that price so I grab it before its too late. Here I am Phils.

Dec... ? 2009 :Erm: -----:icon_lol: 11 months to go :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
31st January 2009, 15:26

Amyburple could do a countdown :doh..........Hello friend :Hellooo: :D

cheesewiz
2nd February 2009, 21:54

gosh...you really have an eagle eye, always have eye on every detail:doh

anyway, I am going on Dec 2009...is that clear. good day to you:)

aromulus
4th February 2009, 09:19
Amyburple could do a countdown :doh..........Hello friend :Hellooo: :D

Don't start her off..............:NoNo: