PDA

View Full Version : Student Visa: An urgent help/opinions and others

Jay&Zobel
1st February 2009, 18:14
I don't know how to start:

I know that I have mentioned this before:

My youngest sister (a qualified Registered Nurse in the OI) is planning to study here in the UK http://www.impactcollege.org/ in Reading...

She attended a free orientation seminar: FAST TRACT TO UK in our province in Bicol (7hours drive from Manila).

Consulatncy Agency: World Connect (Bicol Branch)

so yeah, then she was able get the free literature, free orientation and others... she did more research regarding this type of visa... then she sent me all the copies of what they have talked about...

But then... she phoned the GLOBAL SUMMIT CONSULTANCY (Manila Main) from the literature that they(Bicol Branch) have given....

and was found out that it is a lot cheaper to apply in Makati direct than in Bicol branch...

Bicol Branch Fees vs Manila Main fees compared:
1st consultancy PhP 26,000 - Php 23,000 = PhP3,000 savings
2nd Consulancy PhP 21,000 - Php 15,000 = PhP6,000 savings
3rd Consulancy PhP 21,000 - Php 15,000 = PhP6,000 savings
TOTALS: Branch PhP 68,000 - Main PhP53,000 = PhP15,000 savings!!!!

So yeah, since we have a family in Manila, she went there with high hopes and PhP23000 in her pocket... Submitted her photocopied school records and she signed a contract and was given a receipt of PhP23,000!!

The good thing was the agent who took the payment said: it is better for her to ask us (me & jay) to pay the tuition fee in Impact college direct than transferring the money from UK to PI account (we will surely save a lot from the exchange rates) so yeah that is why we are going to do that... FAIR ENOUGH GIVING SUCH ADVICE

Next:
My sister then went back to Bicol and she phoned Manila Office again just saying that the sponsor's documents will follow soon (Jay&I) then they said that they are now going to pass it on to the BICOL BRANCH so that she will not be travelling so far and the hassle etc.. (again FAIR ENOUGH)!! But then my sister said: as long as the rates im going to pay will be the MAIN rate than the BRANCH RATE! and they said, fine... no problem with that...

SO yesterday: Sis went to the Bicol Branch and told this CATHY (THE branch MANAGER) that she was referred there by the MAIN office:

Then CATHY WAS SO SO FURIOUS!!!
Cathy: how dare she could do that to her! in the first place, she was the one who oriented her!
Sis: well, what can i say it is cheaper there
Cathy: How did you know it's cheaper there?
Sis: Becuase you have given me literature so i researched online & phoned the Main just to make sure its genuine
Cathy: How would you feel if you're client that you hav oriented will go to somewhere else... dont u feel betrayed!!
Sis: But thats the main.. i went to the cheaper rate with the same services... what is P700 bus fare going to Makati vs PhP15000 savings?
Cathy: You have to feel how i feel, be in the same boat as me...
May i see the receipt please and i will change it to BICOL BRANCH RECEIPT, WE WILL DESTROY THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT & SIGN another contract under this Branch!
Sis: I dont have the receipt with me (tho it was in her bag)
Cathy: then on Saturday, bring your receipt with you & let us meet somewhere else privaltely outside the office!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............
I was shocked!!!! she was shocked!! she was harrassing my sister saying about how would you feel etc... and also, my sis found out that Cathy gave also the applicants her HUSBAND'S number (BRANCH office in Paranaque)! so she was hoping that maybe she would go there..so the commision that they will be receiving is within her family circle!!!

Next: CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! cUSTOMERS HAS GOT THE PRIVILEGE TO FIND THE BEST VALUE FOR THEIR MONEY! same services but less fees!!
And how dare Cathy to speak that way to her! She even wanted to replace the original receipt that was given by the MAIN office "somewhere" outside the business premises!!! isnt that already fishy!!!

nEXT: THEY EVEN SAID THAT ON WEDNESDAY, they will be giving my SIS the certificate of enrolment (photocopy) even if not paying the Tuition fee £800... AND HOW ARE THEY GOING TO PRODUCE THAT?!!!

We phoned up IMPACT COLLEGE before these horrible events and asked if there is a record of my sis... They said, not on the database yet... SO MEANING!! THEY (AGENCY) EVEN HAVENT SENT the School requirements of my sis!!!! and how are they going to produce Cert of Enrol?!!!!!

Please help!!!
They are harrassing her!

Plus the main office (the agent who gave her tips) is always out of reached!!!!!!
Sis said that Cathy is very powerful and she holds those agents (main) in their necks!!!!

please!!!
help
NO REFUND FOR THE INITIAL FEE!! but what now? they havent done anything yet!! so we have a very strong case here!!!

Thank you for reading and hope to read some sound advices...

joebloggs
1st February 2009, 22:00
doesn't like losing her commission :doh

why is your sis using an agency anyway ? she could have done it herself, as some have already done on here. maybe a higher risk of refusal if you did it yourself, as these people have a better understanding of what you need to do to get a visa, but with the info already on here about applying for a student visa, i'm sure she would have had the same chance of getting a student visa without needing to use a agency.

what your sister going to study ? , you know things will be more difficult from march if shes doing a NVQ, next month :yikes:, half the time must be class based.

Jay&Zobel
1st February 2009, 23:18
doesn't like losing her commission :doh

why is your sis using an agency anyway ? she could have done it herself, as some have already done on here. maybe a higher risk of refusal if you did it yourself, as these people have a better understanding of what you need to do to get a visa, but with the info already on here about applying for a student visa, i'm sure she would have had the same chance of getting a student visa without needing to use a agency.

what your sister going to study ? , you know things will be more difficult from march if shes doing a NVQ, next month :yikes:, half the time must be class based.

Thank you!

yep, all about commission... but in fairness, most of her classmates have used that agency and are now in the UK... so we were quite encouraged to use them ! doh!

she plans to study NVQ level 4... i will try to phone IMPACT college again and ask regarding that...

p.s.
also, they were asking for the sponsors to have PhP1.3M in their bank accounts! but in the UK visa application checklist, it did not mention any amount... Plus we(sponsors) are here in the UK, both working and our monthly outgoings arent that much... so we could pay her tuition fee, accommodation for the duration of the studies...

joebloggs
2nd February 2009, 00:07
it will only getting harder for people to come here on a student visa and be able to earn 'decent' money, especially if your sister has to spend half the time in the class room, how will the 'college' be able to fit them all in, in such a small place :D, i'm sure they will find away :D.

the amount of money it will cost her/you, agency fee, air ticket, visa, college 'fees' etc, i'm wondering if its worth it :Erm:, but then if you can spend time with your sister in the uk then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
2nd February 2009, 07:28
how will the 'college' be able to fit them all in, in such a small place

Ah, you've visited Impact College, then. I seriously wonder how, with those premises, they can call themselves a college!

somebody
2nd February 2009, 11:23
Ah, you've visited Impact College, then. I seriously wonder how, with those premises, they can call themselves a college!

Quite a few colleges and schools like that where the students are crammed into spaces smaller than a normal family bedroom:rolleyes:

cheesewiz
3rd February 2009, 00:07
p.s.
also, they were asking for the sponsors to have PhP1.3M in their bank accounts! but in the UK visa application checklist, it did not mention any amount... Plus we(sponsors) are here in the UK, both working and our monthly outgoings arent that much... so we could pay her tuition fee, accommodation for the duration of the studies...

Students who wish to apply under the existing student visa system must act now, or prepare to meet the new criteria.

At a meeting hosted by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) in London last week, further details of Tier 4 of the Points Based System were revealed to an audience of Educational providers. The main details are:

Tier 4 will commence at the end of March 2009
Educational providers recruiting students from outside the EU will need to register as sponsors with the UKBA
Sponsoring organisations will take on far greater responsibilities for policing the system
Sponsoring colleges will continue with paper based offer letters until electronic versions, ‘Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies’ (CAS), are introduced in the Autumn of 2009 for in country students
Full Sponsorship Management System (SMS) expected to be operational by February 2010, at which time all students will require a CAS from a sponsoring institution
Visas will be tied to a specific educational provider
Students applying to come to the UK will need to score at least 40 points under the new on-line system
30 Points will be awarded for a confirmed place or CAS form a sponsoring educational provider
10 points will be awarded for Maintenance and Funds Test and specific amounts of funds of around £9600 will need to be shown
Appeal rights abolished and replaced with an ‘Administrative Review’
No visas for courses below NVQ3
General students on courses lasting more than 12 months will be expected to show they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of fees plus £9600 living allowance (British Council figure), plus a further £535 per month for each dependant. A slightly lower figure will be accepted for students living outside the London area.

Student taking vocational courses will have to match the ‘on the job’ training with classroom studies. Colleges will be forced to monitor the hours spent on work placement, although quite how this will be achieved in practice was not fully explained during the Q & A session.

Hope that help. good luck

sophie27
3rd February 2009, 16:45
hey we can talk about that. i'm also from bicol, yaon na ako digdi uk thru world connect. grabe talga duman, nabadtrip man ngani ako. do you have a ym? we can chat... thanks.

joebloggs
4th February 2009, 14:18

i'm more amazed they managed to get a license from the gov :D, at least they're not above a take away shop :doh

Jay&Zobel
4th February 2009, 15:48
hey we can talk about that. i'm also from bicol, yaon na ako digdi uk thru world connect. grabe talga duman, nabadtrip man ngani ako. do you have a ym? we can chat... thanks.

manay,
ano ang ym mo?click mo lang sa right side then add me pls so we could chat...

anyway,
thank you so much for all your concerns... we are looking for other options... hope it is not too late for her to come here...

Jay&Zobel
21st February 2009, 21:34
This is a continuation of my previous posts:

We have then decided to apply for my sister online... Then they (Impact) have successfully received our online application...

My sister received a Provisional Acceptance from the School, an invoice and all... So yes we were very happy about it, was able to have the Acceptance Letter without the use of the Global Summit and paying them P15k for releasing such document...

To my disbelief:

I phoned the Impact College then was willing to pay the Enrolment fee of £800, was so eager to give my card details and all...

Then...
Impact: Miss, but your sister is using the Global Agency right?
Zobel: No, we DID not continue using them because they are harrassing my sister etc...we have applied for her online and was able to receive the Cert of Acceptance
I: But you said that you have used them
Z: Yes, we did and paid the 1st consultancy fee of P26k but we have phoned your College several timeS asking if she is already on your database. But you said, she is not! Got no records of her etc... Then we asked you if we can apply for her directly using online application and you said yes because that's what agencies do... They just apply online. So, we did the online application because you said it is pretty straight forward
I: But we do not want to jeopardize our relationship with the Global Agency coz they are bringing plenty of students to us.
Z: So you are saying, after we have done the online application which is free, you saying that we should go to that agency before accepting my sister for enrolment even if we have done it without their help!
I: I know what you are coming from, but we dont want to cause any troubles
Z: What troubles? Online application is free plus in the Student Checklist it doesnt say about using an agency! SO u saying we should go back and pay them P15k even if we have done the application!
I: I know, but it is best to tell the Global about it
Z: What that, we will pay them 15k despite of everything? there is no way we will pay them P15k for you releasing us the Acceptace Cert. We did all the legwork...

Then...

My sister received a Test message from the Agent:
"I have a good news for you! Come to my office and bring your official receipt!" (is she referring to the Certificate of Acceptance that my sis has got already?!!)
DO they think they will be able to get the additional P15k for releasing the Cert of acceptance that she already got!!!

Impact phoned the Global agency and emailed us ...

We have received a confirmation from the Global Summit agency in the
Philippines that you are still their client, so if you would like to drop
this agency you Must contact them directly and as soon as we receive
confirmation that you are no longer with them all the letters will be
directly sent to you.

the thing is... we have the Cert of Acceptance already!!!

HELP... i am sorry if this is quite aggresive... I dont like scammers...

plus this also helped us not to use that agency anymore:
http://www.efilipinos.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=10434

THANKS!

Jay&Zobel
21st February 2009, 21:40
At the moment...
My sister made a document listing all the events, the time, the people involved and all...

We will support it with our Letter of Complaint as sponsors... and email the Agency...

Is this the right thing to do?

Jay&Zobel
4th March 2009, 23:01
Just an update...

We are really thinking much lately... Think we will not pursue the application, not just yet... especially lots of applicants were rejected even if they have submitted genuine requirements...

Also the current economic climate, immigration tightening, and that lot... NOT VERY STABLE...

Jay&Zobel
9th March 2009, 12:59
Aha! :NoNo::NoNo:
They have updated their website...

442 successful applicants were granted with visas but... the BIG QUESTION IS... HOW MANY HAVE APPLIED!!!? 30,000?!!!! :Brick::Brick: only 442 were granted!!!!

http://globalsummitconsultancy.com/

what a shame!

ikarospao
9th March 2009, 13:18
TO GLOBAL:

IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO POST THE NUMBER OF SV APPLICANTS WHO GOT THEIR VISA?

Global et al: "we work in terms of "value not volume"
- HAHAHHAHA

so why post the number of successful visa applicants?
No Offense but its kinda lame. It seems like another :censored: Business Ad to me.
Its not Global's "Great Service" why some of the applicants had their visa.

What's with the consultancy fees? Come on. The only thing they do is sit on there computer..email..ring the school and fart a little..and then fart again .blah blah.

I wonder how they computed the Fees. I really wonder..

by the way they should be changing their OBJECTIVE. its a huge cr:censored:p

KISS my :action-smiley-081:

Jay&Zobel
9th March 2009, 13:25
TO GLOBAL:

IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO POST THE NUMBER OF SV APPLICANTS WHO GOT THEIR VISA?

Global et al: "we work in terms of "value not volume"
- HAHAHHAHA

so why post the number of successful visa applicants?
No Offense but its kinda lame. It seems like another :censored: Business Ad to me.
Its not Global's "Great Service" why some of the applicants had their visa.

What's with the consultancy fees? Come on. The only thing they do is sit on there computer..email..ring the school and fart a little..and then fart again .blah blah.

I wonder how they computed the Fees. I really wonder..

by the way they should be changing their OBJECTIVE. its a huge

cr:censored:p

KISS my :action-smiley-081:

:spam1:::BlacklistThumbdown0:BlacklistThumbdown0:BlacklistThumbdown0:BlacklistThumbdown0:xxangry-smiley-038::xxangry-smiley-038::xxangry-smiley-038::xxangry-smiley-038::xxangry-smiley-038::xxangry-smiley-038::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1::spam1:

READ THEIR SERVICES!!!! DUH!!!