PDA

View Full Version : is it advisable to buy pounds now?

an08
2nd February 2009, 07:30
could anyone please advise me if i should convert my pesos to pounds now ...since the current exchange rate s low...or do you foresee that it will get lower?

im going to use the pounds in the future...october 2010

darren-b
2nd February 2009, 07:59
Unfortunately I don't think there is anyone on here who can predict the future :)

somebody
2nd February 2009, 09:46
Unfortunately I don't think there is anyone on here who can predict the future :)

Exactly you maybe better off thinking off how much intrest you can make on the money before october 2010 rather than currency exchanges.

KeithD
2nd February 2009, 10:35
You don't to see the future to make money from gambling, just a good understanding of statistics, and current information at hand is enough.

The £, as I predicted over a week ago, would bottom out around 1.4, it will over 1-2 years to pick up to anything near 1.6.

somebody
2nd February 2009, 10:49
You don't to see the future to make money from gambling, just a good understanding of statistics, and current information at hand is enough.

The £, as I predicted over a week ago, would bottom out around 1.4, it will over 1-2 years to pick up to anything near 1.6.

Unless Brown pulls out a rabbit out of the hat or someone with big pockets decides to make some money and short Sterling.

an08
2nd February 2009, 11:21

umm sorry...but i don't understand what you mean... what do u mean that "it would bottom out around 1.4, it will over 1-2 years to pick up to anything near 1.6" and what are these figures...1.4 and 1.6?

u mean it's advisable?

somebody
2nd February 2009, 11:58
umm sorry...but i don't understand what you mean... what do u mean that "it would bottom out around 1.4, it will over 1-2 years to pick up to anything near 1.6" and what are these figures...1.4 and 1.6?

u mean it's advisable?

Mr Admin is talking about the ratio between pounds sterling and us dollars.

The dollar and peso are often linked in the way they are valued agaisnt the pound.

kermit123
2nd February 2009, 13:55
ye buy buy buy lol i would make a nice killing ,only if you intend to use money in uk if you bring it back to phil you ll loose again lol, gaz/mays

darren-b
2nd February 2009, 14:22

Which is slightly different though to predicting whether the pound will get any weaker than it is now against the peso over the next 18 months. It's a long time with too many factors that could influence it.

somebody
2nd February 2009, 14:49
Which is slightly different though to predicting whether the pound will get any weaker than it is now against the peso over the next 18 months. It's a long time with too many factors that could influence it.

Exactly for the pound/peso rate Phill and several other asian nations are going into recession it looks, so we will have to see how that affects things.

benb
2nd February 2009, 19:26
The dollar and peso are often linked in the way they are valued agaisnt the pound.

Yep! Obama is printing plenty of money, probably too much and much more than Brown. Its only a matter of time when the US currency plunges and other linked currencies to follow.

So if i had the money in Peso, I would buy £££. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Its a gamble. Good luck.

somebody
2nd February 2009, 21:01
Yep! Obama is printing plenty of money, probably too much and much more than Brown. Its only a matter of time when the US currency plunges and other linked currencies to follow.

So if i had the money in Peso, I would buy £££. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Its a gamble. Good luck.

Countries and people worldwide generally like the dollar and many countries have dollar ecomonies. Still lots of us bonds being sold.

While the peso may well drop agaisnt the pound it may be for different reasons than the drop in the dollar.

KeithD
2nd February 2009, 21:52
Every currency rides along with the $ as it is what the worlds No.1 commodity is traded in....Oil. So if the £/$ has reached the bottom is slowly climbing, so will other currencies against the £....which they are. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kermit123
3rd February 2009, 12:55
no lower lower im comeing back to uk i need it lower lower lol pleaseeeeeeee lol. the uk guys here (zamboanga ) are really suffering with exchange rate. many are thinking of comeing back to uk if thay carnt afford to live in uk social security will help them. in philippines thay wont get any help gaz/maybs and of couse every one thinks if your white your very very rich lol (which isent true )try telling a pinoy your broke lol