PDA

View Full Version : CFO locations

rusty
2nd February 2009, 15:51
Now we finally have our visa, we are currently making plans for my family to travel to England. I have searched the forum regarding CFO stamp and have looked at their website.

It looks that there are 2 locations for the seminar, SMEF-COW and PRISM, most people seem to have attended SMEF-COW in Quezon City, has anyone any experience at the other location in Malate?

Am I correct that the CFO requirements are done in 1 day as our plan is to go to the seminar on Tuesday 17th and fly to England on Thursday 19th Feb.

Ann07
2nd February 2009, 16:15
Now we finally have our visa, we are currently making plans for my family to travel to England. I have searched the forum regarding CFO stamp and have looked at their website.

It looks that there are 2 locations for the seminar, SMEF-COW and PRISM, most people seem to have attended SMEF-COW in Quezon City, has anyone any experience at the other location in Malate?

Am I correct that the CFO requirements are done in 1 day as our plan is to go to the seminar on Tuesday 17th and fly to England on Thursday 19th Feb.

Hi Mark,

Yes your wife can have it in oneday just be there early.:D

Goodluck:)

pennybarry
2nd February 2009, 18:57

Here's some info for your wife:
Contact Add/nos.
CFO Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632) 562-3848,
(632) 561-8321
ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

Fax No.: (632) 561-8332
E-mail Add.: info@cfo.gov.ph;
mieo@cfo.gov.ph

CFO Cebu
Telefax : (032) 255-5253

E-mail Add.: cfocebu@cfo.gov.ph

SMEF-COW Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632) 913-6439,
(632) 911-1814
Fax No.: (632) 913-6438

E-mail Add.: smef_cow@yahoo.com.ph
ofws@pldtdsl.net
migrants@pldtdsl.net

Url: www.smef-cow-phil.org

SMEF-COW Cebu
Tel. Nos.: (032) 2353745,
(032) 235-3746,
Fax No.: (032) 232-1033

E-mail Add.: cowcebu@pldtdsl.net

PRISM
Tel. Nos.: (632) 525-3114,
(632) 525-3783,
(632) 525-4314
Fax No.: (632) 5253114

E-mail Add.: prism_inc06@yahoo.com.ph

Counseling Requirements for Filipino Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
3. If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office (NSO), or Local Civil Registry Offices (LCRO); or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
5. Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.

Schedule of Guidance and Counseling Sessions in Metro Manila
Destination Country Day Time
Germany Monday, Wednesday & Friday 1:30 pm
United Kingdom Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am
Sweden Monday 10:00 am
Norway Monday 1:30 pm
Denmark Tuesday 3:30 pm
Belgium Wednesday 10:00 am
Netherlands Wednesday 1:30 pm
Italy Thursday 10:00 am
France Friday 3:30 pm
Other European Countries Monday 3:30 pm

Goodluck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
3rd February 2009, 02:05
I recommend SMEF-COW along Katipunan Road. I had my CFO there and they were so nice and accommodating. I was there at 8:00am and was done at about 11am. They do CFO for UK everyday now (Mon-Fri).
Call the centers before you go though coz they have varied requirements. One center asks for more aside from what's on the CFO lists.

rusty
3rd February 2009, 08:00
I recommend SMEF-COW along Katipunan Road. I had my CFO there and they were so nice and accommodating. I was there at 8:00am and was done at about 11am. They do CFO for UK everyday now (Mon-Fri).
Call the centers before you go though coz they have varied requirements. One center asks for more aside from what's on the CFO lists.

Thanks empott,

We are not familiar with that area in Quezon City, any hotel recommendations?

We were planning to go to Malate as we have stayed there before and as we will be in Manila for a few days wanted to be near other places like bay walk and Rizal Park.

tiger@tigress
3rd February 2009, 08:26
Thanks empott,
We were planning to go to Malate as we have stayed there before and as we will be in Manila for a few days wanted to be near other places like bay walk and Rizal Park.

Just give them a call and they will teach you how to get there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
3rd February 2009, 10:18

If that is what you plan,go round to other places,the one in Manila is the right place for your wife to take CFO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
3rd February 2009, 14:09
If that is what you plan,go round to other places,the one in Manila is the right place for your wife to take CFO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I forgot to mention that one of the other place was a mall, I dont think the clothes she has now are quite suitable for the weather we are having here at the moment.

misscarie
3rd February 2009, 15:10

Have you done with ur CFO seminar ate juliet?

When is ur Flight :)

Mrs.JMajor
4th February 2009, 01:11
Have you done with ur CFO seminar ate juliet?

When is ur Flight :)

oiii,nosy there,trying to know my status lol :Hellooo:
musta bunso ? simon ?

Sconnie
4th February 2009, 11:22
oiii,nosy there,trying to know my status lol :Hellooo:
musta bunso ? simon ?

Aye,when will you fly to UK?

Plonker
17th February 2009, 01:08
Hi, I've only just stumbled across this thread about a cfo its the first time I've heard the term cfo, is it compulsory to have a cfo sticker and what happens if you dont have one on departure?

I thought if you have a spouse visa granted that would be the last hurdle. My wife gets here in 3 weeks time so I'm kinda anxious about this now since I've stumbled across this thread.

"Done abit more searching, Jeeez glad I stumbled across this otherwise we would of only found out about it on departure day" As a few other members have when researching, didn't see this one comming. Cheers for the info, I should of researched more, so easily overlooked, especially when you just got granted a spouse visa, you think your on a home run because everyone is excited."

Mrs.JMajor
17th February 2009, 02:35
Plonker,your wife need it, don't took it for granted,for sure you don't want your wife to hold on at immigration and they will tell them "attend CFO seminar" and you can fly after you done the CFO

IainBusby
17th February 2009, 10:47
Hi, I've only just stumbled across this thread about a cfo its the first time I've heard the term cfo, is it compulsory to have a cfo sticker and what happens if you dont have one on departure?

I thought if you have a spouse visa granted that would be the last hurdle. My wife gets here in 3 weeks time so I'm kinda anxious about this now since I've stumbled across this thread.

"Done abit more searching, Jeeez glad I stumbled across this otherwise we would of only found out about it on departure day" As a few other members have when researching, didn't see this one comming. Cheers for the info, I should of researched more, so easily overlooked, especially when you just got granted a spouse visa, you think your on a home run because everyone is excited."

No Mate, that's the last hurdle with regard to UK immigration, but the CFO seminar is a requirement laid down by the Philippines government for her to be allowed to leave the country. She must attend the seminar and get the sticker on her passport, otherwise, whe she goes to the airport, they will refuse to let her board her flight. She can attend the seminar either in Manila or Cebu, here are some links that will tell you the locations of the places where the seminars are held.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm

Iain.

bread2lk
17th February 2009, 11:12
Hello Rusty, Doesn't need to follow exactly what the CFO website said, I've been there in Malate, and just bring one valid ID to left to the security when u enter the building, bring your passport and a payment (I don't know how much now, it was 450 when i applied last december) and after they will issue you the yellow certificate to the seminar building then go to the CFO office...you will finished the requirements at the end of the day as long as you have to go there early..the seminar office is different from the CFO office, quite distance actually so u have to be in the seminar building before 10 AM so u can get all the certificate at the same day....goddluck.

empott
17th February 2009, 18:40
Go to SMEF-COW in Aurora Blvd. Everything is in the same building. and you are done in 3 hours. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Plonker
17th February 2009, 20:40
Yeah cheers guys, having dug abit in this forum and went on the official cfo website lastnight. I phoned my wife last night or 4 am :D her time in Philippines shouting all sorts down the blower. So now she is going to get her cfo first thing in the morning after franctically photocopying stuff today. Cheers once again :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jenky
17th February 2009, 23:00
I have just been with my Wife to do her councilling course at SMEF COW on Jan 29. Its a bit confusing because the website says the address is in Taft Avenue at the Equitable PCI Bank. As it happens BDO have taken over Equitable PCI so all of their banks are now BDO. If you go to the BDO directly opposite the football field of De La Salle University you cant miss it, 3rd floor. They even open a BDO OFW bank account for you now as part of the course!

empott
18th February 2009, 06:25
I think you went to PRISM, Jenky, if it's located at Taft Ave. SMEF-COW is in Aurora Blvd, QC. :D

Ross
19th February 2009, 15:46
hello there..

have read all the inf about getting cfo..is it ok to get and attent seminar on CFO after i grant a spouse visa..but i need to renew my passort which has laready expired what the best ideal thing to do ...anyone pls help...
am not yet applying spouse visa need to sort out some requirements but i want to renew my passort ealier could it be possible if i renew it or attend first the CFO seminar?

empott
19th February 2009, 17:20
Ross, if you are a spouse of a foreigner, you need to attend the CFO counseling before you can renew or amend your passport. They will give you a CFO counseling certificate which you will show to the DFA. And after applying for the visa and it's approved, go back to CFO for the sticker.

AJS
20th February 2009, 08:08
Go to SMEF-COW in Aurora Blvd. Everything is in the same building. and you are done in 3 hours. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi empott:) just want to ask what what documents/pictures did you have to bring for the whole process?:)

Mrs.JMajor
20th February 2009, 09:44
hi empott:) just want to ask what what documents/pictures did you have to bring for the whole process?:)

Hi not empott here AJS, i just done my CFO today at Good shepherd Katipunan (smef-cow),they didn't ask any pictures to me,just the passport and the visa and they will ask you to xerox copy 3pcs of it,:Brick: but they only use 2:NoNo: that's all,they didnt ask my birth cert also,maybe understood you cant get passport w/o BC:xxgrinning--00xx3: done just 3 hours,come their 8:30,i came late so i escape to watch the film,:D but the staff says its Ok,i been expose to that show as i keep going out of the country as OCW b4:Hellooo:

empott
20th February 2009, 10:00
Hi AJS :Hellooo: In other CFO center, they ask for a photo of you with your other half but I went to SMEF-COW in Aurora Blvd and all they asked from me were my ID (my driver's license), Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract (both from NSO) and my passport and photocopies of each. I was late too, i arrived about 8:20 and the film viewing started already. :D The lady in the reception, told me to go straight to the film viewing room and just complete the form after the film viewing. She did the photocopying for me too.

For more info, check this out: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/cfosmefcow_guidelines.pdf
You better call them before you go.

AJS
20th February 2009, 10:08
Hi AJS :Hellooo: In other CFO center, they ask for a photo of you with your other half but I went to SMEF-COW in Aurora Blvd and all they asked from me were my ID (my driver's license), Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract (both from NSO) and my passport and photocopies of each. I was late too, i arrived about 8:20 and the film viewing started already. :D The lady in the reception, told me to go straight to the film viewing room and just complete the form after the film viewing. She did the photocopying for me too.

For more info, check this out: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/cfosmefcow_guidelines.pdf
You better call them before you go.

thank you:)

AJS
20th February 2009, 10:10
Hi not empott here AJS, i just done my CFO today at Good shepherd Katipunan,they didn't ask any pictures to me,just the passport and the visa and they will ask you to xerox copy 3pcs of it,:Brick: but they only use 2:NoNo: that's all,they didnt ask my birth cert also,maybe understood you cant get passport w/o BC:xxgrinning--00xx3: done just 3 hours,come their 8:30,i came late so i escape to watch the film,:D but the staff says its Ok,i been expose to that show as i keep going out of the country as OCW b4:Hellooo:

Thanks for the info Mrs.JMajor:) i'm planning to do mine this coming monday:)

empott
20th February 2009, 10:14
thank you:)

You're very much welcome. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rusty
20th February 2009, 11:42
We attended the PRISM location Tuesday.

As stated earlier this location is now at BDO, we arrived at 8.30 signed in and told to come back at 9.30.

When we came back we went to the 3rd floor, filled in the registration form and photo copies of passport and visa and then waited. No video just an interview, then after 3 hours she got her yellow form.

We then went to the other location for CFO stamp, more waiting, more forms, more photo copies. By 2pm all was done finished.

Jonnywina
20th February 2009, 22:48
hi all and my wife will start this process in May. She was thinking of changing her passport to my surname. Should she do this or use here current passport (she got it last year)?

Thanks for a great site.

Jonny & Wina

Jenky
21st February 2009, 01:18
Sorry everybody Empott has corrected my mistake we did indeed go to PRISM in Taft Avenue located in the BDO opposite the De La Salle football field.

Mrs.JMajor
21st February 2009, 02:34
hi all and my wife will start this process in May. She was thinking of changing her passport to my surname. Should she do this or use here current passport (she got it last year)?

Thanks for a great site.

Jonny & Wina

she still can use her current passport with her maiden name jonn,no problem