PDA

View Full Version : travel requirements?

bornatbirth
4th February 2009, 12:04
sometimes this forum can confuse me?(which doesnt take alot)after reading about others having problems when travelling,i just want to check first?
i have already tryed searching the forum.

as my wife will be here in march going on cebu pacific to singapore where she will stay with her sister for a few weeks then from there to the uk,what requirements does she need?

passport with visa.
printed copy of flight with BA.

thats all she needs right?

also she alot of stuff to bring here and when she found out that it wont all fit in the 23kg baggage allownance she started to :bigcry: :icon_lol:
how as everyone else mangage to get all there belonging here?

have you found a cheap courier and will you have to pay import tax because she sent me some photo albums and i got charged £10 import tax.

IainBusby
4th February 2009, 14:30
sometimes this forum can confuse me?(which doesnt take alot)after reading about others having problems when travelling,i just want to check first?

as my wife will be here in march going on cebu pacific to singapore where she will stay with her sister for a few weeks then from there to the uk,what requirements does she need?

passport with visa.

also she a lot of stuff to bring here and when she found out that it wont all fit in the 23kg baggage allowance she started to :bigcry: :icon_lol:

have you found a cheap courier and will you have to pay import tax because she sent me some photo albums and i got charged £10 import tax.

It's always hard for someone like your wife to decide what to bring with her to the UK. She will have to make some tough choices because quite often, it cheaper to buy new stuff than to ship it over and also, many of her clothes won't be suitable for the UK climate for 75% of the year even when we have a good summer.

Iain.

Ann07
4th February 2009, 15:36
Dont forget her cfo stamped:)

I didnt bring all my stuff i gave it away to all my friends and relatives some still keep it at home:D I managed to bring 26 kilos in my luggage at that time with no extra fee via KLM. Ian is right most of my clothes are not suitable to uk weather:doh so useless i sent it again back to PI:Brick::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Goodluck to ur wife's trip:)

acs
4th February 2009, 17:01
when i arrived here two weeks ago i brought with me a big luggage full of clothes and some stuff..wahhh:bigcry: the clothes are not good enough for the cold weather here. Should have brought things that are essentials only like undergarments and if a woman has long hair ...lots of hairclips,headbands, and so forth and also the leggings cause they are cheap in the Philippines, a bit expensive here. Nail cutter and things for manicure and pedicure...stuff like that. Though i think i exceeded the amount alotted for baggage the cathy pacific baggage check in personnel just let me have a go at it i think cause i boarded in cebu and i chika them to the max....hehehe:Cuckoo::cwm12: just let your wife have the things she treasures most and bring it to the uk to avoid so much hassle in the check in counter :)

kimmi
4th February 2009, 18:22

passport with visa.

also she alot of stuff to bring here and when she found out that it wont all fit in the 23kg baggage allownance she started to :bigcry: :icon_lol:

Like what sis Ann said, make sure she got a CFO stamp on her passport.

when I arrived here, I didnt bring most of my clothes, because hubby said I can't use it over here unless it's summer..:Erm::doh

so Ive decided to give it to my sister, and keep some so if ever I come back there for a holiday I dont need to get worried..

Ive just brought here, a manicure/pedicure set especially Cuticle Remover, Efficacent Oil, My School Records, and other stuffs with sentimental value..:rolleyes::doh:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mavid
4th February 2009, 18:52

One of our member used Philpost to send her excess baggage...quite cheap and she said she used it before and there was no tax once it reached the UK.

http://www.philpost.gov.ph/customer_guide.php?vlink=mailrates