PDA

View Full Version : Info Required Please.

jackmac452
5th February 2009, 00:35
Right.. we have both decided that I will go to stay at Nisa's place in October for a few months before we head back to China to live again. She lives in Limasawa..San Bernardo....could anybody tell me what the place is like? Is there lots of spiders and creepy crawly's and stuff like that? I'm serious..they frighten me to death...also on my Google Earth thingy..there seems to be lots of Jungle around the place...:ARsurrender: It's not a thing I do lightly....:yikes:...if there is anyone single reading this...this is what Love does to you:Cuckoo::cwm12: Still anywhere is better than the place I'm living now!!! Please could someone tell me what the place is like? (I'll still go anyway..just want to be prepared):)

bornatbirth
5th February 2009, 00:44
:icon_lol:

why dont you just ask your wife?

if your scared of bugs and stuff it will matter what they are?

i dont think theres anything to really worry about most of everything is harmless.

jackmac452
5th February 2009, 00:48
I already asked her...as usual..she just started laughing...but I'm sure your right..its just me being silly..

joebloggs
5th February 2009, 00:51
at many places you'll find coach roaches and mosquitoes :doh.

jackmac452
5th February 2009, 00:52
Anyway..thank you Bornatbirth....I've just been told..they say the place is a..Paradise..so now I'm looking forward to going...

Eljohno
5th February 2009, 00:56
The Mosquitos are annoying for sure but if you leave any food out in the kitchen just watch as 1000+ ants make their entrance:cwm24:

joebloggs
5th February 2009, 01:06
The Mosquitos are annoying for sure but if you leave any food out in the kitchen just watch as 1000+ ants make their entrance:cwm24:

:doh and flies to, reminds me when i visited the mother in law on palawan, and they had food on the table with 100s of files swarming around it, i said to the misses don't you cover the food, she said no, coming from a doc to :doh, it just brought back memories of a health poster i use to stare at, at college, a picture of a big blue bottle, showing how they eat solid food by first liquefying it with their saliva. :vomit-smiley-011: :NoNo: :cwm24:

bornatbirth
5th February 2009, 01:13
its a safe country with the wildlife you neednt worry?

yep,ants..cock roaches and make sure you have mosquito repellant they like white legs.i got bite like no tomorrow while my wife was untouched!

Mrs.JMajor
5th February 2009, 01:13
? (I'll still go anyway..just want to be prepared):)

EH,even we tell you loads of cockroach around big rats, you still go so what for replying you :icon_lol::Cuckoo:

just kidding jack,cant distinguish the place you mention eh San Bernardo , not particular or you might wrong hear it,San Fernando? is it

bornatbirth
5th February 2009, 01:20
:doh and flies to, reminds me when i visited the mother in law on palawan, and they had food on the table with 100s of files swarming around it, i said to the misses don't you cover the food, she said no, coming from a doc to :doh, it just brought back memories of a health poster i use to stare at, at college, a picture of a big blue bottle, showing how they eat solid food by first liquefying it with their saliva. :vomit-smiley-011: :NoNo: :cwm24:

i guess they have stronger stomachs than us,the one thing that bothers me is when all the food is left out on the table and the thought of cock roaches walking all over it :NoNo:

im thinking keep it covered and in the fridge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
5th February 2009, 01:35
i guess they have stronger stomachs than us,the one thing that bothers me is when all the food is left out on the table and the thought of cock roaches walking all over it :NoNo:

im thinking keep it covered and in the fridge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

or keep it in the microwave and turn in on for a few secs to fry the buggers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrs.Jmajor i think you will be shocked how bug free it is here, nothing at all this time of year, you can leave your food out for a wk and there will not be any small footprints on it :D

ilang
5th February 2009, 04:06
There are a few videos you can look at on youtube.

I've been to most places in the P.I. including Samar,you will have fun there ...keep off the Tuba down there.It's made from the coconut sap and 3 times as strong as special brew and about 10 pesos a pint.

Mrs.JMajor
5th February 2009, 07:42
or keep it in the microwave and turn in on for a few secs to fry the buggers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mrs.Jmajor i think you will be shocked how bug free it is here, nothing at all this time of year, you can leave your food out for a wk and there will not be any small footprints on it :D

I knew it Joe,:xxgrinning--00xx3: never saw a langaw (big flies) in Taiwan but here in PI its everywhere,the reason i put aluminum screen all over on my windows and doors to avoid mosquitoes,flies (imagine stick to dog pooh and next drop by to your food) cockroaches :HeadButter::vomit-smiley-011:...:D mice ,big rats seldom lol

jackmac452
5th February 2009, 13:26
Good..from reading the above very welcome posts I take it there is no Scorpions...they are the one's I was really worried about.. Mossie's never bite me.. hehehe...Flies seem to think they are related to me...mice I like.. Oh and Mrs. Major..Nisa's address is..San Bernardo..(near some Magellan Cross?)Some Spanish fella who nicked the country before us Brits colonised it...hahaha..Thanks for all the posts......Bloody snowing again here....