PDA

View Full Version : Please help..

Shayla
5th February 2009, 12:05
Is there anyone here applied for a visa and waited for more than 10 weeks and the result was refused?..

I'm curious to know because my spouse visa application been lodged for about 11 weeks this coming Monday. Does it mean it's approved or refused?

I never receive any phone calls or text that's why I'm very worried.:Erm::Erm::Erm:

Hope you can help me.

Many thanks!

fhara
5th February 2009, 15:21
hi praise just trust in god...u'll get it soon...take care..be happy :)

mavid
5th February 2009, 15:24
The wait can drag up to 14 weeks, so just be patient.. my friend received hers after 13 and half weeks.

ANDRES25
5th February 2009, 15:28
Praise, you just have to wait. Be patient... Usually it takes 12 weeks, so you still have one more week to wait. You have nothing to worry about. Everything's gonna be fine. It's my 7th week of waiting now and my husband and I are getting impatient too but we don't have a choice but wait... that's all we can do.

kimmi
5th February 2009, 15:39
hi Praise,

just dont worry too much, u've waited already for nearly 11 weeks so what more the additional 1 or 2 weeks eh?

Since u've said u are sure that u followed and submitted all the necessary documents, I dont see any reasons for them to refuse ur visa..

remember the saying,something worth having, is worth waiting for..

Cheers and Goodluck..:)

PAT
5th February 2009, 15:42
Hello Shayla,dont worry much,you will receive your visa in a few more days....!

nidadonnachie@y
5th February 2009, 15:46
hi shayla dont worry t much u will have ur visa soon,althought i havent wait yet for that long but i know the feelings just pray and patient.

Ady
5th February 2009, 19:32
Hi Praise,

Awww, still you are anxious. What more can we do to make you calm? Well, we know it is impossible, and we understand you. Yesterday was week 7 for us, and still we are expecting to wait 5-7 weeks. All we can do is wait.

Did you call the Embassy? I am interested to know if you did. And, what does your husband advise you about the wait?

Remember some things Praise. You submitted all the documents that were required - check. You followed all the great advice on this site - Check.

Someone here mentioned that, for Spouse Visas, it is tough for an ECO to refuse. They have to have very good reasons. Because, the ECO's decision goes to the manager/supervisor. It is then sent to the applicant, who has the right of appeal, to be heard in the UK, if an appeal is needed.

The only way I can think to help you now is, think of your application - is there something that you think is weak? Is there a particular weakness in the application that is making you tense? If so, then share it here amongst friends. And there are lots of people here who will give great advice to any concerns.

Hang in there Praise, you are nearly at the end of the process. And that is all I can say.

Good luck always.

Ady

tiger@tigress
5th February 2009, 19:34
Is there anyone here applied for a visa and waited for more than 10 weeks and the result was refused?..
I'm curious to know because my spouse visa application been lodged for about 11 weeks this coming Monday. Does it mean it's approved or refused?
I never receive any phone calls or text that's why I'm very worried.:Erm::Erm::Erm:
Hope you can help me.
Many thanks!

Stop worrying you will get your visa next week.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
5th February 2009, 21:02

Hope you can help me.

Many thanks!

calm down dear, you'll be alright be more patient:xxgrinning--00xx3:. More likely if you are applying for spouse visa it will be granted. Just enjoy the sunshine in the Phils once you receive your visa next week or so then flying to UK....its so cold here right now and not much work or no work at all:bigcry::doh

Cheer up...your visa is on the way:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shayla
6th February 2009, 02:03
hi praise just trust in god...u'll get it soon...take care..be happy :)

Thanks Fhara,

I know God is trusting high above and I do trust in him always.Hope to get the result so soon. Take care as well and I'll be happy. Hope your keeping well. x x x

Shayla
6th February 2009, 02:06
The wait can drag up to 14 weeks, so just be patient.. my friend received hers after 13 and half weeks.

Is it? Wow that's too long. You mean I need to wait for another 2-3 weeks for the result?..

How about your friend?Is she approved of visa after waited for 13 and half weeks?

Shayla
6th February 2009, 02:14
Praise, you just have to wait. Be patient... Usually it takes 12 weeks, so you still have one more week to wait. You have nothing to worry about. Everything's gonna be fine. It's my 7th week of waiting now and my husband and I are getting impatient too but we don't have a choice but wait... that's all we can do.

Hi Andress25,

Thank you so much for the encouragement.I'm patient but it's just stressful thinking about the result because no one knows what will be the outcome yet then it took long time.

Same to you and hope you will have a positive result soon.

Anyway you're right.Nothing we can do but just to wait and see what will be the result soon..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed to all of us..Wish we will all be happy in the end and the result will all be approved.

Good luck!

Shayla
6th February 2009, 03:18
hi Praise,

just dont worry too much, u've waited already for nearly 11 weeks so what more the additional 1 or 2 weeks eh?

Since u've said u are sure that u followed and submitted all the necessary documents, I dont see any reasons for them to refuse ur visa..

remember the saying,something worth having, is worth waiting for..

Cheers and Goodluck..:)

Hi Kimmi,

Yes I submitted all the required documents and some papers which will help us with our application but just a bit worried with something else :Erm:.

Actually the truth is we never forge any documents and we are genuine seeking for an entry clearance to the UK..

I was only wondering why my application result took long time and that made me more worried :doh.

Well all I can do here is to be more patient and wait for another week or so till they will release the result.

I would like to say thank you for your advice and to everyone here who are concerned in my situation.

God bless us all and take care!

Shayla
6th February 2009, 03:21
Hello Shayla,dont worry much,you will receive your visa in a few more days....!

Thanks Pat. I appreciate it. I will post the result of my visa soon when I receive it.

God bless everyone!.

Shayla
6th February 2009, 03:26
hi shayla dont worry t much u will have ur visa soon,althought i havent wait yet for that long but i know the feelings just pray and patient.

Hi Nida,

I agree with your post but you will feel the same way when you reach same weeks as mine but anyway I appreciate your post here, thanks and good luck for both of us and to everyone here who are still waiting for their results.

"PRAYER is the most powerful tool against trials; the most effective medicine against sickness; and the most valuable gift to SOMEONE you care for"."

Shayla
6th February 2009, 04:49
Hi Praise,

Awww, still you are anxious. What more can we do to make you calm? Well, we know it is impossible, and we understand you. Yesterday was week 7 for us, and still we are expecting to wait 5-7 weeks. All we can do is wait.

Did you call the Embassy? I am interested to know if you did. And, what does your husband advise you about the wait?

Remember some things Praise. You submitted all the documents that were required - check. You followed all the great advice on this site - Check.

Someone here mentioned that, for Spouse Visas, it is tough for an ECO to refuse. They have to have very good reasons. Because, the ECO's decision goes to the manager/supervisor. It is then sent to the applicant, who has the right of appeal, to be heard in the UK, if an appeal is needed.

The only way I can think to help you now is, think of your application - is there something that you think is weak? Is there a particular weakness in the application that is making you tense? If so, then share it here amongst friends. And there are lots of people here who will give great advice to any concerns.

Hang in there Praise, you are nearly at the end of the process. And that is all I can say.

Good luck always.

Ady

Hello Ady,

Good day!

Thank you very much for being concerned about my case but I'm trying to sort myself out and be free from anxiety soon but it's just hard at the minute due to the long result :NoNo:.

Good to know that your application been lodged 7 weeks ago and not long you will have the result :Hellooo:. Who knows you will get the result earlier than me :Erm:???

Yup all I'm going to do is to wait for the result and hope it will come sooner than later.I was just annoyed at waiting though :cwm34:

About your questions:

Yes I phoned the British Embassy Manila for 2 times and 3 times in the UK VAC hot line and same advice to wait for 13 weeks.

Anyway I'm not going to phone them again because it will just cost me a lot.All I can do it to wait and visit the website daily to where I can check my passport status.

My husband told me to think positive and wait for another week or so but he said his going to email the Embassy on Monday for follow-up. We are keeping our fingers crossed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I submitted all the required documents and listened to the advised of some friends who are respected members here in the forum but unfortunately I applied last Nov 2008 and was registered here last Jan 2009 because I don't know at first how the forum works out and I think I was late.I'm very sorry :bigcry:

Yeah you're correct that it will be hard for the ECO to refuse the visa for spouse but I'm not really sure about my case though :NoNo:.But I will cheer up and think positive :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

I think YES, there is weak that's why I was tense lately but it's not about the documents I submitted though.

I tried to be quiet but then I think this is the right time to voice out the thing which bothers me a lot.

Recently the Embassy raised the age to which you can apply for a marriage visa to UK.It took effect last Nov 27,2008.

I'm turning 19 years old this coming April.My husband been here 7 times,we're in a relationship for almost 2 years and got married legally last May 2008 here in the Philippines.Few months after our wedding I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last July 2008 through a CS delivery.She's turning 7 months old this coming Valentines Day.

I applied a settlement visa as a wife to UK which everyone called spouse visa last Nov 24, 2008 and that was 3 days earlier till the new rules took effect.

I was very worried and loads of sleepless nights because there are positive and negative which I am thinking about, maybe they kept my papers and think it very well till they release the result :Brick:.

I'm frustrated waiting for long time, I don't even know what's best thing to do and what to think about but still we are not losing of hope :).

Before I lodged my application, I phoned the Embassy and as well as the UK VAC regarding my status if it's possible I can apply for a spouse visa, I sent them emails as well and they do replied. All they told me was we are legally married here since May 2008 and of course I can apply for a visa so we pursued the planned.

They said that the marriage visa only refers to those who are seeking for an entry clearance to get married in the UK and quoted as fiancee visa.

I really don't know.I was down because I heard from some people that my visa will be refuse due to my age but anyway we're still fighting for it and hoping to win with the game.

We hope and pray to have a positive result soon because my daughter is really badly needing her dad and so I am :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

It's nearly end of processing Ady.I will let you know whenever I receive my result. Thanks a lot for your support that inspires confidence. It's very much appreciated.

Hope everyone will wish me luck :-)

Shayla
6th February 2009, 04:56
Stop worrying you will get your visa next week.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks TT for your offline messages and as well as your post here.

Yeah maybe next week it's ready.I will let everyone know soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shayla
6th February 2009, 05:16
calm down dear, you'll be alright be more patient:xxgrinning--00xx3:. More likely if you are applying for spouse visa it will be granted. Just enjoy the sunshine in the Phils once you receive your visa next week or so then flying to UK....its so cold here right now and not much work or no work at all:bigcry::doh

Cheer up...your visa is on the way:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello Flomike,

I will try to calm down though..hehe..I hope everything is gonna be alright in the end and yeah I have a little patience left lol :BouncyHappy:..

Yes I applied a spouse and I really pray to have a positive result soon. If ever my visa is granted I'm planning to fly going to UK by end of February :Hellooo:.

I enjoyed really the sunshine in the Philippines with my daughter and family, we went to the beach the other day to forget the time and my worries :):):)

Thanks a lot and hope you are right :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
6th February 2009, 06:03
Finally its out, Praise. Good advises are on the way. :xxgrinning--00xx3: And flak too, so braise yourself girl. :D
Anyway, you will be fine. God bless. And don't lose that hope and faith.

Shayla
6th February 2009, 10:33
Finally its out, Praise. Good advises are on the way. :xxgrinning--00xx3: And flak too, so braise yourself girl. :D
Anyway, you will be fine. God bless. And don't lose that hope and faith.

Hello Ate Emma,

At last I revealed the secret :) thank God for giving me the courage to say it :BouncyHappy:.I hope everyone here will understand my situation and will also understand why I felt tense lately because of that reason :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Anyway what will be will be soon, if it's good news then the better :xxgrinning--00xx3: but if ever not life must go on.

Thank you very much and take care!.:cwm38::cwm38::cwm38:

Mrs.JMajor
6th February 2009, 12:33
lol you didn't reveal ,we knew it that your so young (you put album on your profile that anyone can see) hehe and your reasoning is absolutely right,you are married b4 the rules implement, so cheer up shayla,enough of all your worries,i do understand you every time you made a post,hehe tinalo mo si elena (misscarie),ikaw na pinaka bunso ng forum lol , stop worrying ,OKay?

Shayla
6th February 2009, 12:59
lol you didn't reveal ,we knew it that your so young (you put album on your profile that anyone can see) hehe and your reasoning is absolutely right,you are married b4 the rules implement, so cheer up shayla,enough of all your worries,i do understand you every time you made a post,hehe tinalo mo si elena (misscarie),ikaw na pinaka bunso ng forum lol , stop worrying ,OKay?

Thanks Ma'am Juliet,anyway I uploaded pictures in my album but I made it as private, only the list of friends I added who can see it lol.

Yup you're right I'm the youngest here. What will be will be, for sure everything will turn out well..

Thanks a lot.

Ady
6th February 2009, 13:14
Hi Shayla,

Awww... OK I get it now. Well, remember there are lots of people here with good advice. It is good to share your problems here, because someone knows the answer to your question.

Good luck.... you are nearly there!

Shayla
6th February 2009, 13:43
Hi Shayla,

Awww... OK I get it now. Well, remember there are lots of people here with good advice. It is good to share your problems here, because someone knows the answer to your question.

Good luck.... you are nearly there!

Thanks for your understanding Ady. I know many here who will help me and give good advice.

Good luck to your application as well..

fhara
6th February 2009, 13:45
Thanks Fhara,

I know God is trusting high above and I do trust in him always.Hope to get the result so soon. Take care as well and I'll be happy. Hope your keeping well. x x x

thanks praise im happy here with my bf and thats the most important...take care always and dont worry HAPIT NA:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rob & Anne
6th February 2009, 13:48
Hi shayla,

I got mine 10 weeks and 3days but some got theirs 11weeks or 12 so just be patient and always pray for it...goodluck and im sure u will ge it soon!

IainBusby
6th February 2009, 13:49
Hi Shayla,
You should just chill out and sing que sera sera, I'm sure you'll get your visa soon, there probably just waiting for responses from local checks or something like that.

Iain

benb
6th February 2009, 13:57
not to worry! they are just slow. ECO may request for an interview for some applications. No news is good news usually. :)

Enjoy your time.

Best Wishes

Pepe n Pilar
6th February 2009, 14:29
Hi Shayla,

You have filed your spouse visa application 3 days before the new rules took effect and that is very clear you are not affected by the new set of immigration rules. Just be patient and you will receive your visa soon. Enjoy the tropical heat in the Phils once you're here in the UK you will seldom perspire.
Best of luck and God Bless.

tiger@tigress
6th February 2009, 14:44
Hi Shayla,

You have filed your spouse visa application 3 days before the new rules took effect and that is very clear you are not affected by the new set of immigration rules. Just be patient and you will receive your visa soon. Enjoy the tropical heat in the Phils once you're here in the UK you will seldom perspire.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

girl england
6th February 2009, 15:20
I'm sure you'll get your visa soon like mine im waiting 14 weeks so dont be worry evevrything well be okey dai

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:15
thanks praise im happy here with my bf and thats the most important...take care always and dont worry HAPIT NA:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your welcome dear and happy to know nga happy ka diha with your boyfriend.
Bitaw mao ra na ang mas importante sa tanan..hehe..Take care pod ug maayo unta kaluy-an maka dawat nako ug result next week..

Ampo lang ta ani..God bless us all. x x x

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:18
Hi shayla,

I got mine 10 weeks and 3days but some got theirs 11weeks or 12 so just be patient and always pray for it...goodluck and im sure u will ge it soon!

I agree with you Anne and thanks for your good advice.Anyway I will add another 2-3 weeks of waiting and probably it will be ready by then..

You take an extra care also to your little one inside your tummy... :)

Thanks for wishing me luck!. Hope to get it soon. x x x

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:22
Hi Shayla,
You should just chill out and sing que sera sera, I'm sure you'll get your visa soon, there probably just waiting for responses from local checks or something like that.

Iain

Hello Iain,

Que sera sera is really a good song for me lol. Your clever and good choice of song huh.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Anyway maybe they do background check and that's why it took long time but well all I can do is to wait and see..what will be will be..hehe :-)

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:31
not to worry! they are just slow. ECO may request for an interview for some applications. No news is good news usually. :)

Enjoy your time.

Best Wishes

I agree that the ECO are slow for stamping passports lol but anyway will get there in the right time :xxgrinning--00xx3:...Thanks for the assurance BenB...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:37
Hi Shayla,

Hey Iye,

Thank you and I will do. Tomorrow my family and I are planning to play golf at Golf Country Club.. Hehe.. We will surely enjoy it most specially it's so sunny here :-)..It will also help me to forget the time and days left while waiting :Erm::Erm::Erm:

If ever God grant my wishes, I'm gonna to fly to UK by end of this month and will surely miss my family so much and as well as our weather here :cwm24:...

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:38
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

All I can say is THANK YOU TT...hehe.. :)

Shayla
6th February 2009, 16:40
I'm sure you'll get your visa soon like mine im waiting 14 weeks so dont be worry evevrything well be okey dai

Hello Girl,

What kind of visa did you applied for?. 14 weeks? Wow too long like.. hehe.. Anyway where are you now?. Any interview???

Thanks and I hope so. God bless us all. :):):)

TONY73
6th February 2009, 16:47
Hi Shayla,
Just leave it to the Lord,im sure you will have your visa soon !
i know it is so frustrating waiting so long and you can't help think
about what is happening at the embassy with your application,its so
frustrating not knowing anything !
i am the same,its just only 7 weeks me and my wife have been waiting
and its so difficult being apart from the one you love.
You know now you dont have long to wait so just remain positive,
im sure you will have good news soon !
say a prayer for our application too.
God bless !

Shayla
6th February 2009, 17:09
Hi Shayla,
Just leave it to the Lord,im sure you will have your visa soon !
i know it is so frustrating waiting so long and you can't help think
about what is happening at the embassy with your application,its so
frustrating not knowing anything !
i am the same,its just only 7 weeks me and my wife have been waiting
and its so difficult being apart from the one you love.
You know now you dont have long to wait so just remain positive,
im sure you will have good news soon !
say a prayer for our application too.
God bless !

Hello Tony,

Very good words thank you very much and I appreciate it.Anyway don't worry you will have it so soon and hoping you wont be going to wait longer like what I did because you will be frustrated like me.I pray we will all have a positive result soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

I will include your wife's visa application in my prayers :).

God bless u too and your family!.

TONY73
6th February 2009, 18:07
Hello Tony,

Very good words thank you very much and I appreciate it.Anyway don't worry you will have it so soon and hoping you wont be going to wait longer like what I did because you will be frustrated like me.I pray we will all have a positive result soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

I will include your wife's visa application in my prayers :).

God bless u too and your family!.

Thanks Shayla !

The power of prayer is a wonderful thing !
Nothing is impossible with God,just have Faith and he will deliver what you ask !
It is God's will for a husband and wife to be together and you will be together again soon !
Not long to wait now so remain positive and believe !

God bless you always !

Shayla
7th February 2009, 02:06
Thanks Shayla !

The power of prayer is a wonderful thing !
Nothing is impossible with God,just have Faith and he will deliver what you ask !
It is God's will for a husband and wife to be together and you will be together again soon !
Not long to wait now so remain positive and believe !

God bless you always !

Good day Tony,

May today be all you need it to be. May the peace of God and the freshness of the Holy Spirit rest in your thoughts, rule in your dreams tonight, and conquer all your fears. May God manifest himself today in ways you have never experienced, May your joys be fulfilled, your dreams be closer and your prayers be answered. I pray that faith enters a new height for you; I pray that your territory is enlarged and I pray you step into the destiny within the ministry. I pray for peace, healing, health, happiness, prosperity, joy, true and undying love for God.

Good luck and wish you all the best..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Everyone have a blessed day!