PDA

View Full Version : Visa "time" limit

Bluebirdjones
6th February 2009, 15:24
Guys/girls ...

If the visa application is successful, when must it be used by ?

Within 1mnth , 3 mnths ?

Thanks

IainBusby
6th February 2009, 16:17
Guys/girls ...

If the visa application is successful, when must it be used by ?

Within 1mnth , 3 mnths ?

Thanks

Now that they have changed the visa period from 24 months to 27 months, you can travel to the UK up to 3 months after the visa is issued and still have been living in the UK for 2 years when the time comes to apply for ILR.
Iain.

Bluebirdjones
6th February 2009, 17:10
Greatly appreciated.

Have a good w/end:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ady
10th February 2009, 19:25
Now that they have changed the visa period from 24 months to 27 months, you can travel to the UK up to 3 months after the visa is issued and still have been living in the UK for 2 years when the time comes to apply for ILR.
Iain.

Bluebird Jones,

With respect to Iain here - I recall that you applied for a fiance visa. In that case, you have just 6 months until it expires. If it is issued, say, on March 1st, then the visa will expire on September 1st, regardless of when your fiance comes to the UK. Also, bear in mind that in those 6 months, you have to get married, and apply for FLR (not sure when is the best time to apply, maybe 1 month before the visa ends), then you can see that it is a tight schedule.

darren-b
10th February 2009, 19:30
Bluebird Jones,

With respect to Iain here - I recall that you applied for a fiance visa. In that case, you have just 6 months until it expires. If it is issued, say, on March 1st, then the visa will expire on September 1st, regardless of when your fiance comes to the UK. Also, bear in mind that in those 6 months, you have to get married, and apply for FLR (not sure when is the best time to apply, maybe 1 month before the visa ends), then you can see that it is a tight schedule.

Technically you could get married on the day your fiancee visa expires so long as you could get to a post office afterwards to post your application. Wouldn't recommend it though....

Bluebirdjones
11th February 2009, 01:06
Appreciate the update

To be on the safe side, I'm gonna rush her straight from the arrivals lounge
to the registry office !

:Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
11th February 2009, 01:08
Appreciate the update

To be on the safe side, I'm gonna rush her straight from the arrivals lounge
to the registry office !

:Hellooo: