PDA

View Full Version : Do you do everything for your wife...

flomike
6th February 2009, 23:40
If I need to do something like appointment etc I can't ask my husband to ring someone for me. I know he is too busy to do it although sometimes I ask him but I know what the answer though DIY:D. Filling forms and various thing Im doing it I just ask him if I am not sure what the answers is. I don't even think if my husband read the form when I applied for my ILR 3 years ago. I just tell him what the requirements etc and that's it. All he remember is the FEE that he paid. Every appoinment I have its me who arrange it. I go on my own either he just give me a map to find it (if it is nearby of course). Or if we're going for holiday its me finding the best and cheap place to stay (UK/Phils). Its me do the booking (train and plane).

Now I am applying for my naturalization I filled the form already he didn't ask me what's on it etc when he bring the form to our friend to sign as my referee he asked me what page and that's it.

All he is interested is how much he is going to pay then rant:D

Sometimes its a bit annoying but at the same time it helps me a lot to build my confidence here in UK. Oh how I love my husband!

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 01:18
I thought its rant about your hubby,hehe you know i realized about your story,"he absolutely trust you that you can make it" he can rely on you girl,and that's good to know as long as he is ready for the payment and ready for an answer to your question,awww that was lovely isn't it?? :):):rolleyes::BouncyHappy:

nigel
7th February 2009, 07:36
I usually get involved in most things, but if my Vimvie needs to make a phone call I tell her she must do it, it will build up her confidence as you say, and I also think it can make you look ridiculous if you need an appointment and you get somebody to call for you..:Erm:

It's nice to hear your becoming more confident, you've got to stand up and be counted when you live in Britain!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Shyness can be a very attractive attribute in a woman, it wont help you get on in life though..:NoNo:

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 11:23
I just say to misses 'GOYA' (Get Off Your :butthead:) maybe that's because I've known her soooooooooo long :D

pennybarry
7th February 2009, 11:27
If I need to do something like appointment etc I can't ask my husband to ring someone for me. I know he is too busy to do it although sometimes I ask him but I know what the answer though DIY:D. Filling forms and various thing Im doing it I just ask him if I am not sure what the answers is. I don't even think if my husband read the form when I applied for my ILR 3 years ago. I just tell him what the requirements etc and that's it. All he remember is the FEE that he paid. Every appoinment I have its me who arrange it. I go on my own either he just give me a map to find it (if it is nearby of course). Or if we're going for holiday its me finding the best and cheap place to stay (UK/Phils). Its me do the booking (train and plane).

Now I am applying for my naturalization I filled the form already he didn't ask me what's on it etc when he bring the form to our friend to sign as my referee he asked me what page and that's it.

All he is interested is how much he is going to pay then rant:D

Sometimes its a bit annoying but at the same time it helps me a lot to build my confidence here in UK. Oh how I love my husband!

You're doing the good thing:xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby is the same, he is too lazy to help me regarding paperworks. I just followed the guidance form when I applied my ILR.

I think they just trust us:xxgrinning--00xx3:. He even told me b4 about his application online, make his CV, I applied him thru internet and got his job in a mining company:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 12:15
Hello! Same here...I understand if they are busy and just can't be bothered to spoon feed us but I prefer to do things on my own but with the guidance of my husband specially when it concerns money and our little boys. I did my own research and filling out of forms when I applied for my visas and citizenship. When I had my driving lessons and bought a car..I've done all the hard work but I do consult him before I finalize things just to make sure he doesnt blame me when things go wrong at the end. :D

LEAHnew
7th February 2009, 12:46
You're doing the good thing:xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby is the same, he is too lazy to help me regarding paperworks. I just followed the guidance form when I applied my ILR.

I think they just trust us:xxgrinning--00xx3:. He even told me b4 about his application online, make his CV, I applied him thru internet and got his job in a mining company:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I did that for my fiance as well, even im away:doh
I am soon to be a wife and i feel how he build my confidence in many ways.
Oh how i love him..he made me complete:cwm38::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
7th February 2009, 12:59
Been there, done that! but I am happy because the result is very rewarding. Before I left Phils some years ago, I am a very shy person. When I arrived here I was been taught how to communicate to people, making calls to make appointments, filling form in and so on and so fort. But yes, all of these is for our own good, because we are gaining self confidence.