PDA

View Full Version : My girlfriend is allready married

aley
7th February 2009, 11:52
Hello everyone

My names aley and i have a problem. In novemebr i met the most wonderful girl in london she is the the grl of my dreams the pronlem is she is a philipino national but is married to a English guy and is here on a two year marriage visa but is going through a divorce with her husband. my question is what will happen when this divorce goes through will her visa be anolled even if she has time left on it and what is the deal with us getting married and her applying for a marraige visa again. also i dont know if this is a factor or not but she is a tgirl this shouldnt effect anything but i thought i better get all the facts.

Any information would be usefull thank you aley

Geraldine
7th February 2009, 12:24
Hi!

You got a serious situation here may sound harsh but I hope she will not just marry you so she can extend her stay in UK since her first marriage failed. What is the reason anyway if u dont mind my asking.

I reckon it depends on the reason of divorce, if its domestic abuse she might be able to stay otherwise she didnt meet the 2yr requirement she will be asked to go back to Philippines. Other forum members might know more about this.

Im sure you can marry her if she finalizes her divorce & go back to Phil and start all over again with the visa and stuff but of course it might take longer since her first marriage didnt work out.

hope that helps.

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 12:26
how long does she have left on her spouse visa ?

if she is getting divorced then she cannot apply for ILR, so she will have to leave the UK when and if she is told to be the HO or before her spouse visa expires, unless she has time and is able to apply for another type of visa eg student visa

KeithD
7th February 2009, 12:57
She'll have to go back and apply for a fiancee visa with you once the divorce is complete.

This isn't that bad, as you get a holiday in the Phil....land of Brownie midgets :)

aley
7th February 2009, 13:00
they are getting divorced because she simply doesnt love him anymore and they do not get on he still wants to stay married so i dont think its a case of her using me

aley
7th February 2009, 13:01
he has been abusive too her in the past im not saying he is a wife beater but has hit her once i believe and thier arguments can get heated

aley
7th February 2009, 13:04
her visa is till december 2010

aley
7th February 2009, 13:06
how long do we have to be in the philipines for plus we can not get married in the philipines

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 13:28
her visa is till december 2010

so she's only been here less than 6 months..

where is she living now, with her husband ?

aley
7th February 2009, 13:32
yeah she is living with her husband at the moment but we were thinking of getting a place

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 13:42
yeah she is living with her husband at the moment but we were thinking of getting a place

Don't get me wrong,or maybe because the love has gone to her hubby ,because she saw you hmmm:NoNo:

cant imagine the fact gaining all documents,keep saying hard to be apart in a matter of 6 months the love has gone so quick,arrrgghh

aley
7th February 2009, 13:48
she came here too divorce him

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 13:50
where did they get married ?

aley
7th February 2009, 13:52
in vietnam as they couldnt marry in the philipnes, i am not worried that my gf is using me as we are very close im worried about what the best way we can be togeather is.

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 13:57
in vietnam as they couldnt marry in the philipnes, i am not worried that my gf is using me as we are very close im worried about what the best way we can be togeather is.

Absolutely she isn't using you the mere fact that shes married to English guy,i was just telling you that maybe that is the reason why the love has gone because her heart is with you now,so i should good luck you :xxgrinning--00xx3::yikes:

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 13:58

might be a good idea to do that asap, get her to contact any companies, nhs,docs, gov, bank to change from her old address to your address, and register her with other companies at your address and collect as much evidence of this as possible from now til her visa expires.

you might be able to apply for a Unmarried Partners Visa for her, but you need 2yrs evidence of living together, you've got less than 2yrs thou, but might be possible to apply for a visa here to keep her here for a bit longer (student), or if you could go and live with her in the phils for a month or so ?? to get 2yrs worth of evidence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/unmarriedpartner/

not easy to get, but go and contact your local law centre or ias http://www.iasuk.org/ who can advice you better than me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 13:59

why could they not marry in the phils ??

aley
7th February 2009, 14:02
thanks Mrs.JMajor

was wondering has anyone got any advice on what the legal rules are about firstly if she gets divored can she stay until her visa runs out or will it be anolled

secondly will the fact she has been married to a uk national before effect us getting a visa again and what kinda of visa can we apply for. can we get married in the uk or do we have to go to vietnam because we can not get married in the philipines. i have so many questions lol

aley
7th February 2009, 14:05
lol they couldnt marry in the phils because it was classed as a same sex marriage lol she is a tgirl hope that doesnt offend u

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 14:07
lol they couldnt marry in the phils because it was classed as a same sex marriage lol she is a tgirl hope that doesnt offend u

now that was confused me, dont shy,go on, whats tgirl ? i thought she married to english guy,so are you tgirl too :Erm:

aley
7th February 2009, 14:12
no im a english guy she is a tgirl as in a transexual she is married to a english guy who she is divorcing they got married under british law in vietnan as the philipines does not allow same sex marriage of its nationals inside the philipines.

charlwill
7th February 2009, 14:48
i am so sorry to ask ask you. Is your gf a he/she?

misscarie
7th February 2009, 14:55
now that was confused me, dont shy,go on, whats tgirl ? i thought she married to english guy,so are you tgirl too :Erm:

t-girl ate juliet u don't know? u should know about it as most filipinos they call that to them :D

Anyway goodluck to you both Alley :)

Mrs.JMajor
7th February 2009, 14:58
OMG !!! t-girl ate juliet u don't know? u should know about it as most filipinos they call that to them :D

Anyway goodluck to you both Alley :)

:Erm: dont know eh! lol dont say OMG aley will shy :D

aley
7th February 2009, 15:02
thanks misscarie but has anyone got anylegal advice/experinces with this kinda situation where your girlfriend is already married but is getting a divorce.

was wondering has anyone got any advice on what the legal rules are about firstly if she gets divored can she stay until her visa runs out or will it be anolled

secondly will the fact she has been married to a uk national before effect us getting a visa again and what kinda of visa can we apply for. can we get married in the uk or do we have to go to vietnam because we can not get married in the philipines. i have so many questions lol

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 15:38
I've told you already, i think she will have to leave before her visa expires dec 2010, or sooner if the home office tell her to :doh

i don't think the divorce will effect what i've just said, her marriage is over so she will have to find another type of visa to stay here on, or leave when the ho tell her to or b4 her visa expires, which ever comes first, her spouse visa is not valid if their marriage is over .

it will not help that she has been married b4, and the marriage didn't last long, so you will need lots of strong evidence.

you can get married here, but that depends on where she will be and when that will be, and then that will determine what visa she can apply for,
either a unmarried partner visa or civil partner visa..

aley
7th February 2009, 15:56
ok i understand that but say she goes back to the philipines then i go out their and we marry in vietnam how long do i have to live their for

KeithD
7th February 2009, 16:04
Where does Vietnam come from?

aley
7th February 2009, 16:11
because we cant get married in the phils

no im a english guy she is a tgirl as in a transexual she is married to a english guy who she is divorcing they got married under british law in vietnan as the philipines does not allow same sex marriage of its nationals inside the philipines.

aley
7th February 2009, 16:45
no im a english guy she is a tgirl as in a transexual she is married to a english guy who she is divorcing they got married under british law in vietnan as the philipines does not allow same sex marriage of its nationals inside the philipines. this is why we cant get married in the phils dont know if we an in the uk either

LadyJ
7th February 2009, 16:57
Your problem is quite complicated.

You should seek an advice from immigration solicitor or Citizen Advice Bureau.

aromulus
7th February 2009, 17:42
:Erm:Life is difficult enough without having to make it harder for oneself....

We cannot help who we fall in love with, but it seems that the more the baggage carried by the intended partner, the more attracted one is.....
Why....???:Erm:

With this one I suspect a bit of a scam, to be able to stay in the UK.:NoNo:

Only my opinion.

And in the immortal words of Clint Eastwood in one of his Harry Callahan movies.....
"Opinions are like :butthead::butthead::butthead:holes, everybody has got one, and some of 'em stink".....

aley
7th February 2009, 19:05
she really is not scamming me we are very close. she has been honest with me at every point.

Jay&Zobel
7th February 2009, 20:09

i am so sorry to ask ask you. Is your gf a he/she?

t-girl ate juliet u don't know? u should know about it as most filipinos they call that to them :D
:)

whehehe... lalakwe po hehe, shokla, badush... nalito din ako nung una eh hehe... MissCarrie got it right lol...

i really hope that person is not making you fall in the trap...

joebloggs
7th February 2009, 20:14
the best option is that she doesn't leave the uk, like you said b4 move her in with you, and start collecting evidence that you both live together, and like i said b4 you might be able to apply for a unmarried partner visa, student visa and then maybe even get married here, it depends on how long the divorce takes, how long she can stay here for, HO might tell her to leave b4 her visa expires..

somebody
7th February 2009, 20:45
Your problem is quite complicated.

In a nutshell what the Madame J writes.

get some serious legal advice as a complicated situation which many of us dont have experience of.

Also dont rush into anything take your time.

aley
7th February 2009, 20:51
will seek legal advice please dont judge us we really care about each other she is not just using me as she has the oppertunity to stay with husband but has chosen to be with me as we love each other. i know her very well and she is not the kinda of person to use someone. and yes she is a transexual but i dont care we love each other

somebody
7th February 2009, 20:56
will seek legal advice please dont judge us we really care about each other she is not just using me as she has the oppertunity to stay with husband but has chosen to be with me as we love each other. i know her very well and she is not the kinda of person to use someone. and yes she is a transexual but i dont care we love each other

No one is judging and no one cares who the two fo you are.

You may know her well but only fools rush in.

Out of intrest how long have you know her, before she came to the Uk or since she arrived?

aley
7th February 2009, 21:11
i have only known her for 3 months now but its been very intense but i know i shouldnt rush in im just looking for advice on what are options are. we really love each other but just looking to see what the legal options are for are situation.

aley
7th February 2009, 21:20
i just would like some legal advice from people who have been in the same situation ie trying to get a visa with someone who is already in the country and if it could be ossible anyone who has had experience with trying to get a visa with someone is married it shouldnt come into it that we are seen by law as the the same sex as the uk immigration does not see it that way

aley
7th February 2009, 21:34
another bit of advice i need is we cant get married in the philipines so how will this effect things

socool007
7th February 2009, 22:32
Good luck to you both,i am sure we do not judge, love is love

Eljohno
8th February 2009, 00:03

I am confused!!

Is this a guy? If yes then you are gay?

Just trying to clear things up in my head..

Jay&Zobel
8th February 2009, 00:23
I am confused!!

Is this a guy? If yes then you are gay?

Just trying to clear things up in my head..

YES HIS partner IS GAY and married to a British Guy! AND the person inquiring (that made us confused) IS A GUY too but he prefers to call his partner a SHE not a HE ... so same sex relationship...

CLEAR NA PO? hehe

cheesewiz
8th February 2009, 00:34
:doh he/she then she/he:doh

is transexual is a man that became a woman? or still a man just dressed like a woman?

anyway, i think your case is very new on this forum that mostly they dealt with people with opposite sex. I hope somehow people here manage to give you a bit of help you need. All the best

Mrs.JMajor
8th February 2009, 01:44
i just would like some legal advice from people who have been in the same situation

i wonder if there are members here who been through like your situation Aley, since i been a member of this big community ,didn't encountered a thread like this:Erm::cwm3: so far

Cant you realize genuine p. . . y is better than translated :Cuckoo:

tomm
8th February 2009, 01:55
:doh he/she then she/he:doh

is transexual is a man that became a woman? or still a man just dressed like a woman?

transsexual = effeminate man with breasts, often referrred to as chick with dick. :Erm:
It can be a stage in a full sex change. :Help1:

charlwill
8th February 2009, 02:14
You're on a very diificult situation. If I were you you will seek a legal advice in IAS.

Eljohno
8th February 2009, 02:25
Should the title not be " My boyfriend is already married":Erm:

charlwill
8th February 2009, 02:31
Should the title not be " My boyfriend is already married":Erm:
It should be... because his girlfriend is he/she.

scottishbride
8th February 2009, 05:17
transsexual = effeminate man with breasts, often referrred to as chick with dick. :Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

nidadonnachie@y
8th February 2009, 08:30
hi sorry bout ur setuation wish u find a good advice here coz lots of them r good in advicing,in my case i dont know aabout ur setuations i never heard like urs.goodluck to both of u.

PeterB
8th February 2009, 08:42
As far as I am aware, you cannot be married, or treated as a married couple, in the UK. However, UK law now allows a 'Civil Partnership' to be formed between two same-sex persons. Also, as far as I'm aware, the British Immigration laws treat civil partnerships in exactly the same way as marriages.

ginapeterb
8th February 2009, 09:13
Good Morning Britain and Magandang Umaga sa lahat !

I always say this, if you are on this forum long enough you do get to see everything !

I have followed this story with keen interest, cos in truth, its the first time I have heard of it, so it tickled me, and I wanted to put my contribution in, so what is this story, let me see if I have the facts correct, anyone please correct me if I have got it wrong.

1. A Bakla who is a Filipina Citizen, meets a British guy, they cannot marry as a heterosexual couple in the Philippines, one assumes because the he/she is not recognized by the Philippine authorities as a she.

2. So they marry in Vietnam, where the rules are relaxed about such issues, then the she gets a visa, to come to UK on a 2 year spouse.

3. She arrives,on a 2 year visa, but its only a short period into that visa, and the marriage is ending, due to the British husband's abuse or domestic abuse.

4. She meets a.n. other British man in London, and falls in love, they want to start a relationship, and the she now wants a UK Divorce.

I think thats what the story is.

In my view, if the person concerned is a true transexual, then the British Embassy in Hanoi, must have accepted this for spouse visa purposes, so in UK law she is a woman, and been accepted as such.

If she is here on a 24 month visa, and wishes to obtain a UK divorce, the marriage took place in Vietnam, it would be recognized here in UK, but as a Filipino citizen, clearly it was not considered appropriate there in the PHilippines.

If she wishes to obtain a divorce I am pretty sure she may do so, however, a subsequent divorce would invalidate any further attempts to remain in UK, technically if there is a divorce within the 24 month period, the person must return back to country of origin, however thats unlikely to be chased up, although the marriage visa is for 24 months, if the subject returns back to the Philippines, she would have to re-apply to come to UK with the new partner.

Now that might present some problems in one of proving to an ECO that the relationship is genuine, if the British Embassy in Hanoi has approved the marriage visa, then obviously this person has satisfied them that she is a woman in all intents and purposes.

Its a matter of what this person is seen as in the laws of the country where she or he applies as is the case.

This is an extremely complicated case as others have said, she could of course overstay in the UK, that would give at least until 2010 and beyond, if he/she does go back and try and do things legally, I think the chances of a re-issue of a same sex relationship visa might run into problems, since a marriage visa has already been issued.

I would not run the risk, if you really want to stay with this person and you love them so much, leave things as they are, overstaying whilst not condoned, might be your only option, anyway it seems to me, youre a long way off from that at present, if your partner does seek a divorce under UK Law, that is a separate issue from immigration matters.

Best of Luck, hope it works for you.

Tiggers0608
8th February 2009, 11:22
:Erm::Erm::Erm:

:doh i'm so confused right now, who tgirl, who the girl who the english guy :icon_lol:

so HE is not a SHE and he is :rolleyes: married to an english guy and now he is going out with you.

ok sounds clear now to me .... :Erm:

pennybarry
8th February 2009, 11:45

breast? chick? dick? :omg:

Sorry po! Mura pa ang akin kaisipan, nagbabasa po ako ng banal na kasulatan:action-smiley-081:
Translation pls. Mrs. Major:D

Mrs.JMajor
8th February 2009, 12:08

Sorry po! Mura pa ang akin kaisipan, nagbabasa po ako ng banal na kasulatan:action-smiley-081:

Eh :Erm: i even don't know it ,see what misscarie told me "OMG ate juliet you dont know what is tgirl" see :Erm: di ko din alam eh :Cuckoo: sowy :action-smiley-081: all i know is tbird at bakla :doh:cwm3:

aley
8th February 2009, 13:28
thanks for the advice ginapeterb im not sure if they were married in the vietnam or if it was a civil partnership but that should effect things as the the uk goverment see both as the same what i realy need advice on is would they ever reissue a marriage or fiance visa again too someone who has allready had one. someone said they would as they treat every relashionship onits one merits but some people say we would have trouble.

aley
8th February 2009, 13:40
also could she apply for a student visa from within the uk

aley
8th February 2009, 14:19
where is the best place to go for legal advice

tomm
8th February 2009, 19:55

Eh :Erm: i even don't know it ,see what misscarie told me "OMG ate juliet you dont know what is tgirl" see :Erm: di ko din alam eh :Cuckoo: sowy :action-smiley-081: all i know is tbird at bakla :doh:cwm3:

So you understand girls :)

Transsexual = man who has taken medication and/or surgery to make breasts like woman but down below there is still :icon_tonguew:

Some go all the way and have :icon_tonguew: :behead: :bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
9th February 2009, 01:11
where is the best place to go for legal advice

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/unmarriedpartner/

not easy to get, but go and contact your local law centre or ias http://www.iasuk.org/ who can advice you better than me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

go on read your thread all over again,already members told you:doh

ginapeterb
9th February 2009, 09:21
Suggest you book appointment with the Immigration Advisory Service, who have offices in Hounslow, London, they are free, you just have to call and then go in and register, you should get half an hour with a free immigration solicitor or lay advisor.

But I have to say, applying for a student visa from within UK is not going to happen.

Tawi2
18th April 2009, 12:00
I read this post weeks ago before I registered on this site,my first thought was "Jerry Springer":Erm:

Mrs Daddy
18th April 2009, 12:45
Oh dear!:dohI have followed the thread and Honestly its unusual things to happen:NoNo:This reminds me of this filipino comedian singer who happened to have a song similar to this story.well,if you both are happily in love.thats it then:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
18th April 2009, 23:42
omg i going to get a cup of tea first :doh

trader dave
19th April 2009, 00:03
ok same sex marriages are allowed in the uk so still cant understand why they married in vietnam :rolleyes: l
lets forget that shes a biyot ,ladyboy what ever for the moment ,i can understand her/his partner does not want to get divorced i can imagine like all of us he has spend a lot of money on supporting her/him over a long period of time and it is not cheap :bigcry: then suddenly when this young guy comes along YOU :cwm34: he/she suddenly falls out of love :NoNo: im sorry i am a sceptic :Hellooo:

i think you are stuck on the legal side because she/he will not be able to use our great :furious3: legal aid system to get a divorce so i think its a case of going back to vieitnam and get the divorce and thats if her present partner wants to play ball :Help1:

my advice to you would be there are 1000's of girls/guys biyots in the philippies and thailand and for me this one is going to cost you a lot of money and heartache :Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
19th April 2009, 00:08
Any updates from Aley yet?

trader dave
19th April 2009, 00:23
i will be up all night monitoring the situation :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
19th April 2009, 09:06
trader dave,please behave yourself:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
19th April 2009, 09:47
Sometimes its easier just to cut and run :Erm:If I suddenly discovered my woman used to be a man I would question my own sexuality,I would hate to fight with someone for my shaving kit in the bathroom every morning :Erm:But thats just me,it would be interesting to see how this eventually pans out:Erm:

Mrs Daddy
19th April 2009, 09:50
you as well mr.tawi2 :D:D:D

Tawi2
19th April 2009, 09:59
Mrs D,nothing surprises me anymore,I saw an old Puti openly kissing his young pinoy boyfriend last week at NAIA as they bade each other farewell,different strokes for different blokes I guess,funny old world :Erm:

Mrs Daddy
19th April 2009, 10:02
Mrs D,nothing surprises me anymore,I saw an old Puti openly kissing his young pinoy boyfriend last week at NAIA as they bade each other farewell,different strokes for different blokes I guess,funny old world :Erm:

Oh!my gosh:doh does he know that its a male one he is kissing:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: whatever same as I said if they`re happy then be it:xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Mrs Daddy
19th April 2009, 10:03
Mr.tawi2 you`re quite an observant huh! nosy,nosy parker...:D

Tawi2
19th April 2009, 10:09
It was blatant,not discrete:icon_lol:It used to be my job to "watch" people,I am always observant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
19th April 2009, 10:17
It was blatant,not discrete:icon_lol:It used to be my job to "watch" people,I am always observant :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: quite an interesting job:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
19th April 2009, 22:14

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: quite an interesting job:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::D How much did they pay you? lol... I might ditch my job if the price is right hahaha...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::doh:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
20th April 2009, 00:41
Sometimes its easier just to cut and run :Erm:If I suddenly discovered my woman used to be a man I would question my own sexuality,I would hate to fight with someone for my shaving kit in the bathroom every morning :Erm:But thats just me,it would be interesting to see how this eventually pans out:Erm:

I think the wind up merchant, correction op cut and ran 8th Feb as that was when he last sought advice on this forum. I never cease to be amazed at how these comic threads lead long lives

rosey75
21st April 2009, 12:29
Your situation is very complicated ...I think the first thing that you should look into is how her divorce will affect her visa ...usually, when a marriage breaks down before the specified time of a "spouse/partner leave to remain" (2 years) and that person wants to remain in the UK, he or she will need to apply and qualify to stay in the UK on a different basis. I don't really know the details on this, but if you look into information in the UK Border Agency website, you might find the number to call regarding applying and staying in the UK for foreign spouses whose marriages didn't work out. Also, I think they would suggest to get help from an Immigration adviser to get the proper and right advice on the matter. Hope these info helped you a bit.

cool999
4th May 2009, 11:14
is she a shemale then?