PDA

View Full Version : buy expensive valentines card or make one?

scott&ligaya
7th February 2009, 20:36
I only ask because I am sat here after watching the rugby (the French lost :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
I am getting ready to go over to the Phils. I arrive at 2355 in Manila on the 13th and should be in the hotel before 1am on Valentines. Ligaya and baby Joshua will travel over from our place in Palawan (lucky b@ggers are enjoying a break from this winter weather) and be in the room when I get in.
I decided to make a card on the laptop earlier making it from a compilation of photos from our 6 years together, it was very satisfying and I think she will love it,

Made me think guys what does your mahal prefer you to do , splash the cash or put a bit of effort in?

And ladies be honest do you prefer lots of money being spent on flowers, scent,chocolates, lingerie etc or something with a lot of effort/thought behind it?

bornatbirth
7th February 2009, 20:57
theres one thing i have learned forget any important date and you get a grumpy wife?

just try and treat her and make her feel like the only one in the world,knowing that you thought about her will go a long way :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
7th February 2009, 22:18
:DBoth ideas are good Scott, I'm sure Ligaya will adore you:xxgrinning--00xx3: but if the card comes with a matching pair of shoes it will be heaven:D. Enjoy:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

nigel
7th February 2009, 22:53
If I forget valentines my Vimvie will still want me, boiled or fried she will still want me!!:Bolt:

(In other words, I best buy a nice big card or..:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:)

:icon_lol:

Alan
7th February 2009, 23:04
: but if the card comes with a matching pair of shoes it will be heaven

What? Made out of card?:Erm:

Al.:)

scott&ligaya
8th February 2009, 00:13
He he he Alan,
sorry but that will not work, she only buys her shoes at Nine West and boots at Staccato when we pass through Hong kong.She went through Hong Kong at chinese new year 2 weeks ago on her way to the Phils and has just stocked up. My credit acrd statement just came through, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhh.. oh well it is just about her only indulgence and she is worth it.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: She is already 5ft 6 and with three inch heels... wow :cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

ANDRES25
8th February 2009, 18:07
Whatever my husband gives me is much appreciated but I do prefer cash so I can buy what I want lol!

somebody
8th February 2009, 18:20
If it takes material goods for someone to be happy then they need to have look at themsleves. Although we all appreicate them.

Look at the days where people were snowed in the first thing people said as they were stuck for the day they spent more time with kids and loved ones.
Amazing gift and priceless just ask all the couples in LDR or those away from family, is relaxed and happy times with love ones.

If its possible far better to spend time together than a card.

But regarding cards or presents always think the one that takes a lot of effort love and creatvity is far better. Even if bought from a shop again its about the time taken up selecting and thinking which one would suit the better half the most. Also of course the words inside.
When My wife was first in the country she could only afford to get me a card and a small gift for my birthday but she spent she told me later almost two weeks selecting and then preparing both. I was far happier having them as gifts than something that cost ten times as much:)

yam
10th February 2009, 12:49
In my case, i really love to receive a love letter and if its really long then the better:)