PDA

View Full Version : Roads to Bagiuo

scottishbride
15th February 2009, 15:04
Mel is a city girl and if we don't move to the UK this year I want to move away from Manila to somewhere nice and unspoilt, like palm trees and sandy beaches, we were in Dubai for a year and Manila for 3 years and really we haven't really escaped from the city life for more than 2 weeks! The pollution can be too much for me and I worry about my daughter's health. I guess she doesn't want to move too far from Manila because of the big shopping malls and good healthcare, I have been trying to convince her to give it a go! I loved Subic, after our short break there I really dreaded the chaos in Manila. Has anyone driven to Bagiuo? If so what are the roads like? I want us to drive around up North and find somewhere pleasant, the Philippines is full of wonders and beauty however I am sorry to say Manila is not one of them due to the traffic and pollution! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

reginacarlson
15th February 2009, 15:15
Baguio is also a highly urbanized city so if you want to go somewhere quiet and secluded, why don't you try to visit Sagada, Mountain Province. It's 140km from Baguio.

scottishbride
15th February 2009, 15:22
Baguio is also a highly urbanized city so if you want to go somewhere quiet and secluded, why don't you try to visit Sagada, Mountain Province. It's 140km from Baguio.

Alright I will check it out thanks!:)

Ann07
15th February 2009, 15:24

I'd ben to sagada many times, its a beautiful place and people:) I enjoyed the cave there:xxgrinning--00xx3: spooky though:icon_lol:

PeterB
15th February 2009, 16:33
I understand your feelings about Manila - I've only been twice .... once to submit Visit Visa application, and once to get my CNI. I'm always very happy to get back to Tagum.

joebloggs
15th February 2009, 16:36
Baguio is also a highly urbanized city

Baguio can be a cold place :doh

alicat
15th February 2009, 19:55
we just been in baguio,its kind a busy now out there,
but better than manila...

LadyJ
15th February 2009, 22:11
I love Baguio.. not too cold not too hot and not much air polution unlike Manila even though everything you need are in there anything you hate are there too from traffic, pickpocketers,airpolution, you name it Manila have it all. so stay away from Manila as much as you can and better enjoy our beautiful provinces.

LEAHnew
16th February 2009, 10:57
..... Has anyone driven to Bagiuo? If so what are the roads like? I want us to drive around up North and find somewhere pleasant, the Philippines is full of wonders and beauty however I am sorry to say Manila is not one of them due to the traffic and pollution! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

There are two roads option Marcos Highway and kenon road, i recommend to use Marcos H-way route coz Kenon road u may find a bit diffcult as a first timer coz it's too narrow and zigzag road:rolleyes::)

Why not visit the place this month as they celebrate PANAGBENGA FESTIVAL (Flower festival):xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
16th February 2009, 11:31
We moved from Cavite to Bohol and love it here..Very little pollution,pretty much crime free,clean and not much in the way of traffic etc.. Two decent malls and miles of white beaches all over..Cebu only an hour 45 mins away on weesam fast craft..
All in all,Bohol is my favorite part of P.I and I have traveled to most provinces and cities here..
Baguio`s good too and one day I hope to build a holiday home up there.

jimeve
16th February 2009, 13:17
miles of white beaches all over..

do you mean Panglao has white beaches, wife's from Bohol and not spotted any sandy beach there, only Anda has sandy beach that I know of.

Jim.

fred
16th February 2009, 13:27
do you mean Panglao has white beaches, wife's from Bohol and not spotted any sandy beach there, only Anda has sandy beach that I know of.

Jim.

Yeah..Panglao is part of Bohol..

joebloggs
16th February 2009, 22:00
There are two roads option Marcos Highway and kenon road, i recommend to use Marcos H-way route coz Kenon road u may find a bit diffcult as a first timer coz it's too narrow and zigzag road:rolleyes::)

Why not visit the place this month as they celebrate PANAGBENGA FESTIVAL (Flower festival):xxgrinning--00xx3:

which is the one where the bandits hang around :NoNo:

Ann07
16th February 2009, 22:15
We normally used marcus highway in going up to baguio then kenon road in going down:D

scottishbride
17th February 2009, 02:59
We normally used marcus highway in going up to baguio then kenon road in going down:D

I take it Kennon road is the sucidal road!:yikes:

Mrs.JMajor
17th February 2009, 03:07
I take it Kennon road is the sucidal road!:yikes:
:icon_lol::icon_lol: to lessen your worries,i can guarantee you ,its safe going to Baguio,if you have your own car, its hard going down than going up,coz u need to keep your feet on clutch most of the time :Hellooo:

Hi Mel,:Hellooo:

scottishbride
17th February 2009, 03:17
:icon_lol::icon_lol: to lessen your worries,i can guarantee you ,its safe going to Baguio,if you have your own car, its hard going down than going up,coz u need to keep your feet on clutch most of the time :Hellooo:

Hi Mel,:Hellooo:

Really! Mel doesn't want to go to Bagiuo cause she is a bit scared of the roads, our car is automatic, which would be a nightmare going up hills, I miss driving with manual transmission!:doh

pennybarry
17th February 2009, 07:31
Mel is a city girl and if we don't move to the UK this year I want to move away from Manila to somewhere nice and unspoilt, like palm trees and sandy beaches, we were in Dubai for a year and Manila for 3 years and really we haven't really escaped from the city life for more than 2 weeks! The pollution can be too much for me and I worry about my daughter's health. I guess she doesn't want to move too far from Manila because of the big shopping malls and good healthcare, I have been trying to convince her to give it a go! I loved Subic, after our short break there I really dreaded the chaos in Manila. Has anyone driven to Bagiuo? If so what are the roads like? I want us to drive around up North and find somewhere pleasant, the Philippines is full of wonders and beauty however I am sorry to say Manila is not one of them due to the traffic and pollution! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

There are 3 roads we used to pass. The zigzag road (Kennon Road), Naguillan Road (La Union) and Marcos High-way.

If you want thrill, try zigzag road:omg:.

Mrs.JMajor
17th February 2009, 07:41
There are 3 roads we used to pass. The zigzag road (Kennon Road), Naguillan Road (La Union) and Marcos High-way.

If you want thrill, try zigzag road:omg:.

and when u reach on top (Baguio),you will :vomit-smiley-011: