PDA

View Full Version : how to change the marital status?

nerorsh
18th February 2009, 08:59
hello, is there anyone here in the forum applied for family reunification in norway? maybe u can give me an info guys pleaseeee...on how my husband can change his marital status...i applied for an entry visa last year but unfortunately it was rejected by the embassy coz one of the reasons is that my husband is still registered as "unmarried" in the norwegian central peoples registrar...then i applied for a family reunification visa but my husband marital status as of now is not yet change, although he is doing his part on how he can update his status but the problem is he cannot get a correct info on how to change his status....he called the police about it, but then no good answer at all..he went to the registrar office bringing with him our marriage certificate with red ribbon on it, but then they said to him that it is the UDI that will verify first our document before it can be change....but my point is "what if the UDI will check his status during the process of my papers and found out that he is still single"? ...and it will be a ground "again" for the rejection of my visa ...( huh! i hope it wont be )...do u think the UDI will reject the visa if the status is not yet change in the norwegian central peoples registrar? can u tell me please where and what to do so he can update his marital status... ( sorry for the long letter ...lol ) any advices will be highly appreciated....thanks in advance...:Brick: