PDA

View Full Version : alanperry

alanperry
18th February 2009, 12:57
hi iam from the isle of man uk, i have a filipino girlfriend and a beautiful 14 month old baby girl,, we have been together for around 3 years now and i am trying to find her a good cheap lawyer for annul in davao city, anyone help in this matter would be most gratefull.

DaveUK
18th February 2009, 12:59
Welcome to the forum! From the Isle of Man myself as well!

tiN
18th February 2009, 13:01
welcome here :)

JudyHon
18th February 2009, 13:03
Hi Allanperry :)

Warm welcome & enjoy :Hellooo:

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:03
anyone know of a good annul lawyer in davao city thats cheap?

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:05
welcome here :)
hi everyone

so does anyone know of good lawyer in davao city for annulment,,
i would prefer one that is cheap as chips but will get annulment.

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:11
i am wanting a cheap lawyer that wont charge me around 200.000 peso,, cus i know they milk it for money,, so anyone have any ideas? i did try and ask member gemini63 but i am not allowed to ask him questions,,

Mrs.JMajor
18th February 2009, 13:14
Hi welcome here on the forum Allan,my friend sheila-ady member here on the forum shes from Davao and she just been through annulment process ,ill tell her to read your thread,maybe her lawyer was good enough to try

i am wanting a cheap lawyer that wont charge me around 200.000 peso,, cus i know they milk it for money,, so anyone have any ideas? i did try and ask member gemini63 but i am not allowed to ask him questions,,

and why you are not allowed to ask her question about that.......:Erm: ohh ok i got, you limited access coz of being newbie

btw,i got mine 120t pesos and it can be 150.k so your budget is more than enough

scottishbride
18th February 2009, 13:18

Hi Alanperry, welcome to the forum! About your question with regards to annulment fee, I don't think 200,000 pesos is enough these days.I had paid the same amount back in 2005 so expect to be a lot higher! Choose your laywer wisely. Goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:18
ok thanks,, was her annul successfull, did she get? hope so cus, my partner only last week found out that she was married, grrrrrrrrrr, she didnt realise until then, ok i will wait and check back in little while

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:22
can you ask her which lawyer she used for me and give me contact details i would be most grateful for this as finding a good lawyer thats both cheap and honest is hard work.

scottishbride
18th February 2009, 13:28
Hi welcome here on the forum Allan,my friend sheila-ady member here on the forum shes from Davao and she just been through annulment process ,ill tell her to read your thread,maybe her lawyer was good enough to try

and why you are not allowed to ask her question about that.......:Erm: ohh ok i got, you limited access coz of being newbie

btw,i got mine 120t pesos and it can be 150.k so your budget is more than enough

Hi Juliet, talaga 120k only?:omg::Erm::)

girl england
18th February 2009, 13:39
Welcome to the forum

alanperry
18th February 2009, 13:42
i met my partner around 3 years ago now and have been to see her many times, we had a baby girl around 14 months ago now, i am british and i registered my daughter at the british embassy in manila so i could obtain her a british passport, one of the documents they required was the right to marry, so my partner went to the nso office to apply for document required, upon receiving her document she found out that she was already married to a filipino, which was around 10 or 11 years ago now, they had a baby boy and he met another woman and walked out on her and his son around 7 years ago now and has nothing to do with her or his son both financially or emotionally nothing at all not even a letter or phone call for 7 years, will she be able to file for annulment on these grounds? and if so do you have a contact email or phone number of a good lawyer in davao city

Mrs.JMajor
18th February 2009, 13:43
Hi Juliet, talaga 120k only?:omg::Erm::)
Hi Mel,:Hellooo:
opo,actually he said 150 but i ask for discount,because he is a friend of my bro in law auntie just done last September at Manila, it took 9 months all in all,but he promised me only 6 months :NoNo:

nids123
18th February 2009, 15:21
hi allanperry welcome to the forum

aromulus
18th February 2009, 16:10
Excuse me for asking......

How can anyone forget to have been married....????:doh

kimmi
18th February 2009, 18:37
hi iam from the isle of man uk, i have a filipino girlfriend and a beautiful 14 month old baby girl,, we have been together for around 3 years now and i am trying to find her a good cheap lawyer for annul in davao city, anyone help in this matter would be most gratefull.

hi Alanperry,

welcome to the forum..:BouncyHappy:

I am thinking about that too, MOD?

IainBusby
18th February 2009, 19:45
i met my partner around 3 years ago now and have been to see her many times, we had a baby girl around 14 months ago now, i am british and i registered my daughter at the british embassy in manila so i could obtain her a british passport, one of the documents they required was the right to marry, so my partner went to the nso office to apply for document required, upon receiving her document she found out that she was already married to a filipino, which was around 10 or 11 years ago now, they had a baby boy and he met another woman and walked out on her and his son around 7 years ago now and has nothing to do with her or his son both financially or emotionally nothing at all not even a letter or phone call for 7 years, will she be able to file for annulment on these grounds? and if so do you have a contact email or phone number of a good lawyer in davao city

Hi Alan,
If your partner hasn't seen her ex for 7 years there is another option which, if it is applicable to her situation, is much quicker and very much cheaper than annulment. It is called a petition for presumptive death for purposes of remarriage.

As far as I know, she doesn't have to know, or need to have any reason to believe her ex is dead, as long as she han't seen him for more than 4 years, or 2 years if the last time she seen him was in dangerous circumstances (whatever that means).

I think it might be worth it for your partner to consult an attorney over there to see if it could be an alternative which might suit her situation.

Note: After this process is complete, if her ex re-appears and he successfully appeals this decision, although she may have since re-married, she is still legally married to her first husband under the law of the Philippines and her subsequent marriage is null and void. Having said that, if you are intending to apply for a visa and bring her to the UK, then anything that happens after that with regard to Philippine law doesn't make any difference to the legality of your marriage in the UK.

Iain.

alanperry
18th February 2009, 19:55
hi ian

well yes we will find out, and to answer peoples question about how she didnt know she was married,,,,,,,, she went to chapel for a blessing and again she was in her 20's for over
10 years she had no idea she actually got married, but the strange thing is this, she managed to obtain a fiancee visa for the uk, cus they didnt ask for the free to marry doc from nso, they only wanted it if you new u were married, ehehehehe very bizzare, and she did get her visa about 2 months ago now, if we marry here in the uk, even though she is married already in the philippines will we be braking the law here in the uk?

reginacarlson
18th February 2009, 19:59

True, how can she forget even if it was 10-11 years ago? :NoNo:

alanperry
18th February 2009, 20:01
as i said, she thought it was just a blessing and not a marriage, anyway, thats the past and we are concentrating on the future now,

IainBusby
18th February 2009, 20:06
hi ian

well yes we will find out, and to answer peoples question about how she didnt know she was married,,,,,,,, she went to chapel for a blessing and again she was in her 20's for over
10 years she had no idea she actually got married, but the strange thing is this, she managed to obtain a fiancee visa for the uk, cus they didnt ask for the free to marry doc from nso, they only wanted it if you new u were married, ehehehehe very bizzare, and she did get her visa about 2 months ago now, if we marry here in the uk, even though she is married already in the philippines will we be braking the law here in the uk?

Yes. I don't think she would be able to get married here in the UK anyway as I'm sure she would have to show something from the Philippines to prove that she single and free to marry. Maybe one of the girls on this forum who came here as fiancee's and got married here will be able to tell you for sure, but I think it's called a CENOMAR.

Iain

kimmi
18th February 2009, 20:09
hi Allanperry,

when we got married here in the UK, the registrar asked me for my CENOMAR(Certificate of No Marriage)certificate which I can only get in NSO, my birth certificate and my passport with visa.

alanperry
18th February 2009, 20:09
no i have been intouch with registery office here, and they tell me that if she has a fiancee visa, that is enough, that is all they need, she doesnt need anything else, but again, if we do get married, will we be braking any uk law.

alanperry
18th February 2009, 20:10
i dont live in the uk, i live in the isle of man,, and this is what they told me, so again, will we be braking any law?

alanperry
18th February 2009, 20:13
also, say we dont get married, can she still use her visa? i mean just for travel and stay here till it expires and then return to philippines. which is what i am thinking, cus even though we could marry i dont feel it would be appropriate due to the curcumtances

kimmi
18th February 2009, 20:15
i dont live in the uk, i live in the isle of man,, and this is what they told me, so again, will we be braking any law?

ah alright, I thought Isle of Man is part of the UK?:Erm::Erm::doh

with regards to ur question if u're breaking the law. I am no Lawyer, but I can say YES you're breaking the PHILIPPINE LAW.:NoNo:

this one might be worth reading.

http://www.gov.ph/faqs/familycode.asp

alanperry
18th February 2009, 20:16
it is part of the uk yes, but we have our own government,, our own money, etc............ i know we would be braking philippine law,, but what about uk law? thats my question.

PeterB
19th February 2009, 09:05
We know of another filipina who went to get her cenomar and discovered that she is already married!