PDA

View Full Version : people to work in uk from the phils

Ana_may365
18th February 2009, 20:39
our friend has got an recruitment agency.and at the present time has a lot of polish people working for him.he is now considering employing people from the phils.on a long time working contract.the main people he needs is 'teachers,nurses,careworkers and skill people in constructions industry.
he ask for our help to recruit people from phils.what would you think our response would be from phils to help him recruit the people he needs?

IainBusby
18th February 2009, 20:49
our friend has got an recruitment agency.and at the present time has a lot of polish people working for him.he is now considering employing people from the phils.on a long time working contract.the main people he needs is 'teachers,nurses,careworkers and skill people in constructions industry.
he ask for our help to recruit people from phils.what would you think our response would be from phils to help him recruit the people he needs?

I think that the kind of jobs he is offering have to be on the government highly skilled migrant list or something and even then he would probably have to show that he is unable to find the people he needs from within the EU before he would be allowed to do that.
Iain.

Pepe n Pilar
18th February 2009, 21:17
To IanBusby,
I am also curious to know about companies owned by filipinos because i know someone who opened her business in HK, Australia and one in the UK and all her employees are filipinos. Is it a must that she be able to show she was unable to find the people she needs from within the EU?

somebody
18th February 2009, 22:23
To IanBusby,
I am also curious to know about companies owned by filipinos because i know someone who opened her business in HK, Australia and one in the UK and all her employees are filipinos. Is it a must that she be able to show she was unable to find the people she needs from within the EU?

Needs to be careful many people now targeting the places where just one race work. Was a piece i saw in a paper in a takeaway a few weeks back. You know the KFC or shop where all one race work if they dont offer them a job. Wallop in comes the claim or the request for a payoff to stop them making a fuss..

joebloggs
18th February 2009, 22:26
little chance of getting a workpermit for workers now, the job would have to be advertised on the jobcentre plus website for at least 2wks before they could even think about getting someone from outside Europe to come here,,

itsme_iye there are ways around most things, things are tighter now, but one way she could have got filipinos here to the uk, might have been 'for training' purposes :D

Pepe n Pilar
19th February 2009, 09:49
To Somebody,
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that they are not allowed to open a business "employing people of one race". What if the company to be opened here is just a branch of the Main office which is in the Philippines? Definitely their employees are all filipinos? Just curious.

To Joebloggs, Yes i presume they were brought here for training purposes (official business) but they stay for at least 2 years. They are employed in the Phil office for at least a year or so before deployment is made to other outlets in other countries.

IainBusby
19th February 2009, 18:05
To Somebody,
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that they are not allowed to open a business "employing people of one race". What if the company to be opened here is just a branch of the Main office which is in the Philippines? Definitely their employees are all filipinos? Just curious.

To Joebloggs, Yes i presume they were brought here for training purposes (official business) but they stay for at least 2 years. They are employed in the Phil office for at least a year or so before deployment is made to other outlets in other countries.

It is still not allowed under the race relations act, how would you like it if you applied for a job for which you were qualified and they told you that they only employ British people. :Erm:
Iain.

Pepe n Pilar
19th February 2009, 21:21
HI Ianbusby,
They don't hire people as all positions are filled up. They have the main office in Manila and so if ever there is a vacancy they send their people from Manila.. How's that?:omg:

somebody
19th February 2009, 22:30
HI Ianbusby,
They don't hire people as all positions are filled up. They have the main office in Manila and so if ever there is a vacancy they send their people from Manila.. How's that?:omg:

Let the UK visas people find out for you:D