PDA

View Full Version : help needed

burdock
20th February 2009, 02:36
hi

I've met I Filipino girl online and have been chatting for some months now and getting on realy well, her father has asked for me for proof that I am single but not sure how I can do this.

dose anyone know how I can do this or were I can go to get proof.

many thanks

Burdock

ginapeterb
20th February 2009, 07:25
This might not seem to be an unreasonable request, he may think that you are married, they have this notion that Westerner's are already married, and constantly divorce, unless you have proposed to his daughter, you cannot show that you are single, other than your good word.

If you have proposed, then obtain a certificate of no impediment to marriage from your local district registrar of births marriages and deaths.

pennybarry
20th February 2009, 07:26
hi

I've met I Filipino girl online and have been chatting for some months now and getting on realy well, her father has asked for me for proof that I am single but not sure how I can do this.

dose anyone know how I can do this or were I can go to get proof.

many thanks

Burdock

Just tell them the truth about you. You can also gather some docs to your nearest registry if u r divorce.

burdock
20th February 2009, 07:44
thank you for your replys

I understand and do like the fact he ask me to prove this. and want to show respect to him and my gf

burdock
20th February 2009, 07:54
thanks for replys

I never been marred so not sure if there doc to prove this.

I understand and like that fact he ask for me to prove it and want to show him my attentions true and honourable

IainBusby
20th February 2009, 10:50
This might not seem to be an unreasonable request, he may think that you are married, they have this notion that Westerner's are already married, and constantly divorce, unless you have proposed to his daughter, you cannot show that you are single, other than your good word.

If you have proposed, then obtain a certificate of no impediment to marriage from your local district registrar of births marriages and deaths.

It usually takes three weeks to obtain and I think it costs between £30 & £40.

bornatbirth
20th February 2009, 20:39

its not proof that you have never been married or still married,you can lie when you apply for it?

when i met my wife for the first time she wanted some form of proof that i was never married and single with no kids....so how do i prove that?
so i told her we dont have anything like that here,i guess you just have to have a honest face and prove to them your the right man! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
21st February 2009, 03:04
Burdock one word of warning

Whilst it may be a good sign that you gfs father is interested in checking you out please bear in mind this sort of question is a two way street, it might prompt you to ask for her CENOMAR too!!

It may also be a "mechanism" to push you in a certain direction even before you meet.

It is almost impossible to "prove" anything on line trust on both sides is a key element to success IMHO

The reality you and she can only realy discover with time and in person:xxgrinning--00xx3: