PDA

View Full Version : Tourism Re-entry on a Business Visa

nicklauswirth
21st February 2009, 15:10
Dear all,

I'm travelling for UK soon on a mutiple-entry Business visa. Our team for an official vocational training will be in the UK for around two months and will then be going straight to Paris and Amsterdam for several days before flying back home. Can I just please ask if my Business visa can be used to re-enter the UK even the 2nd entry won't be for official business visit? I'm just planning to fly back from Amsterdam to London for an additional two weeks solely for tourism purposes, having been invited by British family friends.

Or do I have to apply for another type of visit visa?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks, indeed.

God bless.

;-)

darren-b
21st February 2009, 15:52
Your business visa shouldn't be used to re-enter the UK as you are not entering the UK for business reasons.

Though obviously if you don't get stopped and investigated the chances are you would get away with it.

joebloggs
21st February 2009, 16:58
Our team for an official vocational training will be in the UK for around two months

:Erm: if your doing the training, i thought your not allowed to work if your here on a business visa..

and if your receiving the training, i also thought your not allowed to study on a business visa, only one-off training in techniques and work practices used in the UK, provided this is not on-the-job training, is that what your vocational training is :Erm: :doh

dondi
21st February 2009, 23:20
the question was quite clear and need no further complication..

i totally agree with darren.. you might be asked the reason for coming back and if you say for tourism, you might be investigated and consequently denied.

if i were you, i'd talk to my UK sponsors and tell them about your planned return and make arrangements with them to make your second visit official (like a one day follow-up training blah blah). this way, you'll be on the safe side in case they contact them. if your sponsor don't agree to this, it's up to you if you wanna take the risk, although if you ask me, don't!

another option is to apply for a tourist visa.. which i think is just crazy

nicklauswirth
22nd February 2009, 02:10
Thanks for the quick replies.

As for the vocational training I'm referring to, it's the one-off training in techniques and work practices used in the UK that joebloggs has mentioned.

Yes, I agree on what Darren and Dondi suggested on not to reuse it for tourism re-entry but perhaps talking to our UK sponsor to arrange for a follow-up training or another business meeting or conference.

Thanks again.

Warmest regards!