PDA

View Full Version : Duty on Cigarettes

keithAngel
22nd February 2009, 04:06
Having searched on line I dont see a simple tariff anyone payed duty on arrival on say 1000 cigs from the Phils and how much was it?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
22nd February 2009, 08:20
Last time I nearly went without cigs.:omg:

God job I stopped at Ayala..... :rolleyes:

keithAngel
23rd February 2009, 00:38
My brand over here is 51.50piso for 200 so im just trying to find out how much nett I would have to pay on arrival for a thousand and if therefor its a saving or not:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You would think its an easy one to google and that C&Ex would have a simple answer!!!

aromulus
23rd February 2009, 08:18
My brand over here is 51.50piso for 200 so im just trying to find out how much nett I would have to pay on arrival for a thousand and if therefor its a saving or not:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You would think its an easy one to google and that C&Ex would have a simple answer!!!

They have gone up..........!!!!!!!!!!!:doh

Well... A few hundred Marlboro Lights would come in handy, I reckon....:rolleyes:
If the price is right.....:rolleyes:

Alan
23rd February 2009, 11:36
Interesting thread.

My friend from Bolton always takes 10,000 cigs back with him. He has been stopped at customs once out of 22 trips he has made. All they did was confiscate his cigs.

Another teacher friend of mine here sends 6,000 back to the UK every month - once again he has 'lost' one consignment out of 14.

Worth the risk I would say.

Al.:)

P.S. If you are a Customs Officer, please disregard this post.

keithAngel
23rd February 2009, 13:55
Look Guys Im just wanting to support all you frozen folk by paying extra taxes but the buggers dont seem to want to tell me "how much" extra:omg:

rusty
23rd February 2009, 14:29
Taken from the hrmc.gov website (Tariff Stop Press Notice 52/08)

The rate of ad valorem duty on cigarettes imported into, or manufactured in the UK, will be increased to 24 per cent. The specific duty will be unchanged at £112.07 per thousand cigarettes.