PDA

View Full Version : Is budget statement necessary?

PAT
23rd February 2009, 03:19
Hello, me again wondering if budget statement is necessary to include with application in settlement visa.My fiance does budget statment but it doesnt look good.Are there members here granted a visa with out budget statement? all replies are much appreciated.

joebloggs
23rd February 2009, 06:27
i tell everyone to do a budget statement, but i never did one myself :doh
but it's a good idea to show you have £xxx left over each month to support you and your partner.

you should have at least £90+ a week left over after pay util bills etc..

PAT
23rd February 2009, 10:16
Thanks joebloggs, you've been always there to help.Have a nice day:):)

Piamed
23rd February 2009, 10:56
We provided a budget statement including a pie chart to make everything clearer. At the end of the day the objective is to provide anything that will make it easier for the the ECO to do his job and say yes. Additionally, its really important to make sure that all the information is linked together consistently.

In many ways we probably went over the top compared to some but we got our visa and that is all that will matter to you too after you have yours.

Good luck Pat.

PAT
23rd February 2009, 12:05
Thanks to you Piamed, I will tell my fiance and we'll try to do that.:):)

Mrs.JMajor
23rd February 2009, 13:21
Hi Pat,how are you ? Just let him do it,my hubby put that budget statement on his cover letter,remember Pat,the more info you can supply the better,
Good luck to your application friend

JudyHon
23rd February 2009, 14:05
Hello, me again wondering if budget statement is necessary to include with application in settlement visa.My fiance does budget statment but it doesnt look good.Are there members here granted a visa with out budget statement? all replies are much appreciated.

I got my Fiance visa without a budget statement and no interview. My Fiance had money in the bank, owned a property & had a good salary. I've
heard it depends upon your fiance's financial situation. If a budget statement shows you dont need state support even though his finances are not good it is worth it. Otherwise, i dont think it would help.

Good luck :)

benb
23rd February 2009, 14:14

Its a good idea to provide a budget statement but I don't think anymore has been rejected because of missing budget reports. :Erm:

However, I did not provide it last year for my wife's application and visa was granted without an interview.

Best Wishes

coyoteuglydiva1
23rd February 2009, 14:51
How do you the budget statement? I know I need to include the budget for a month, but please can anyone tell me how to start the statement? Does it need to be in a cover letter, with a formal letter addressing to whom?
Thanks,
coyoteuglydiva1 (please visit my thread, thanks)

ginapeterb
23rd February 2009, 15:54
Well everyone, I did a budget statement as well in 2004, nothing wrong with it, an Immigration solicitor advised me to do one, way way back, they think it secures a good overview of your financial situation.

The reason for my budget statement is that I have a child by a previous marriage to support, and also, quite a few outgoings, all the usual that we all have, such as rent, mortgage, car, and various other payments, ranging from RAC cover to Gym subscriptions, and everything else in between.

So how do you do a budget statement, the best way I think is to use Excel on Microsoft office, use the cells to show your Gross Income, and then show your expenditure, show at the end your residual income, and what is left, and from this it should show that you can support your wife or fiancee without recourse to public funds.

So if you pay council tax to xxxx council that is expected, show it, and anything else you pay, as others have said, its not always required to have a budget statement, but where questions are being asked about your ability to support your partner, a budget statement does give the ECO a clearer overview of your financial situation.

AJS
23rd February 2009, 18:24
Hi we have just been granted our fiance visa :cwm12: and on our financial section we put a cover statement in explaining our finances. On the statement we put in a small table showing a brief overview. It was only brief :rolleyes:.

You said your budgets are not as good as they can be:Erm:, just to assure you we had an overdraft on ours and to overcome this we simply explained the reason for this, dont know how much it helped but we got the visa :Hellooo:.

Good Luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
23rd February 2009, 18:31
Hi Pat,how are you ? Just let him do it,my hubby put that budget statement on his cover letter,remember Pat,the more info you can supply the better,
Good luck to your application friend

Im doing good Mrs.Jmajor,thank you...i will forward your reply to my fiance. Thank you so much.Good to know your flying soon,have a safe journey:):):)

PAT
23rd February 2009, 18:37
I got my Fiance visa without a budget statement and no interview. My Fiance had money in the bank, owned a property & had a good salary. I've
heard it depends upon your fiance's financial situation. If a budget statement shows you dont need state support even though his finances are not good it is worth it. Otherwise, i dont think it would help.

Good luck :)

Hello JudyHon,my fiance and i really appreciate your response.Thank you so much.

PAT
23rd February 2009, 18:46
Its a good idea to provide a budget statement but I don't think anymore has been rejected because of missing budget reports. :Erm:

However, I did not provide it last year for my wife's application and visa was granted without an interview.

Best Wishes

Thanks benb, we are thinking carefully about it. Thanks for sharing and responding.its very much appreciated.

PAT
23rd February 2009, 18:55
Well everyone, I did a budget statement as well in 2004, nothing wrong with it, an Immigration solicitor advised me to do one, way way back, they think it secures a good overview of your financial situation.

The reason for my budget statement is that I have a child by a previous marriage to support, and also, quite a few outgoings, all the usual that we all have, such as rent, mortgage, car, and various other payments, ranging from RAC cover to Gym subscriptions, and everything else in between.

So how do you do a budget statement, the best way I think is to use Excel on Microsoft office, use the cells to show your Gross Income, and then show your expenditure, show at the end your residual income, and what is left, and from this it should show that you can support your wife or fiancee without recourse to public funds.

So if you pay council tax to xxxx council that is expected, show it, and anything else you pay, as others have said, its not always required to have a budget statement, but where questions are being asked about your ability to support your partner, a budget statement does give the ECO a clearer overview of your financial situation.

Thank you very much mod for responding and for further explaination. We really appeciate it. We will try to make it and see how it goes.

PAT
23rd February 2009, 19:04
Hi we have just been granted our fiance visa :cwm12: and on our financial section we put a cover statement in explaining our finances. On the statement we put in a small table showing a brief overview. It was only brief :rolleyes:.

You said your budgets are not as good as they can be:Erm:, just to assure you we had an overdraft on ours and to overcome this we simply explained the reason for this, dont know how much it helped but we got the visa :Hellooo:.

Good Luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello AJS, congratulations once again and thank you for sharing,it helps a lot as well as other replies to decide.We appreciate it so much.

acs
23rd February 2009, 19:43
hallo Pat, like what they have said..better to have a budget statement cause there's a question on the application form that ask you ...6.9.16 How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?...when they look at your answer they can see it more clearly if you do have the budget statement on handy also. :)

PAT
24th February 2009, 10:55
hallo Pat, like what they have said..better to have a budget statement cause there's a question on the application form that ask you ...6.9.16 How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?...when they look at your answer they can see it more clearly if you do have the budget statement on handy also. :)

Yes and thank you acs,your response is very much appreciated ,we will do it soon....Have a nice day :):) so nice to belong in this forum....

empott
25th February 2009, 02:53
I have a template here. Hope it helps.

PAT
25th February 2009, 11:55
It helps empott, thank you so much for sharing it to us,its very appreciated.

empott
26th February 2009, 04:57
I am glad to be of help. :Hellooo:

Mjaes
28th February 2009, 07:58
how much savings does my hubby need to have in the bank before we file our visa application? thanks so much! :-)

PAT
28th February 2009, 09:27
Advice from forumers is 2000 to 3000 sterling....