PDA

View Full Version : how much does a washing machine cost????

pacificelectric
25th February 2009, 12:57
Hi Everyone,

I want to buy my GF's family a new washing machine as her old one broke down but have little idea of how much this type of equipment costs there in the Phils..... Can someone give me a clear idea of how much this would cost, I mean a basic model? And is delivery included? I can send pesos with Western Union so you can give me prices in pesos!!

Thanks in advance!

kimmi
25th February 2009, 13:09
it depends on what kind or brand of washing machine u prefer..how many kilos it is or how big it is?

the cheapest one is 5thousand, no tumble dryer at all.:)

IainBusby
25th February 2009, 13:24
I'd say P10,000 including delivery would buy you quite a good one.

LEAHnew
25th February 2009, 13:27
try this link it says no.1 appliances store in Phil.:rolleyes:

http://www.abenson.com.ph/shop/categs.asp?categ=22

Just to give you idea about the price, like kimmi says it depends on brand and weights. Maybe in local market (your GF's local place) they can bought cheapest compare to the price shown at Abenson.:)

pacificelectric
25th February 2009, 13:51
Well she lives with her mother and aunt so what she needs is a washing machine for three women...... thanks for the suggestions anyway!

georyz
25th February 2009, 22:29
you can try this site also http://www.smappliance.com/index.php

keithAngel
26th February 2009, 02:19
We bought one here in Cebu for 2500 piso in October from SM mall appliance store they are VERY light and came back in a cab I could lift it with one hand

No one I know here who is local uses a European style machine:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I see on the website nearly 3000

empott
26th February 2009, 04:46
Better buy the expensive ones, it goes a long way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
My mom bought a whirlpool washing machine ages ago and it lasted for more than a decade.

keithAngel
26th February 2009, 06:50
Better buy the expensive ones, it goes a long way! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
My mom bought a whirlpool washing machine ages ago and it lasted for more than a decade.

Yes well at 7-10 times the price so it should it kinda depends on whose money it is I personally want the Porche to if someone else is paying:REGamblMoney01HL1:

30,000 piso is 6 months salary over here if your an average worker and if your more than that you could afford to buy your own or hire a helper to do the laundry ,cleaning ,cooking ect for 2000 a month depends on the OPs depth of pocket he said basic:xxgrinning--00xx3: Very happy to use my 5 months of education here to help guys

P.S. The basic model uses little electric and water Angies previous one is still working after several years and and with her mum she bought the latest from her own earnings

empott
26th February 2009, 07:32
That's true, it was really a big money that time. It was a few months savings of my parents but its all worth it coz it lasted for many years, decade even. When it got broken, my mom said, "better to hire a helper coz u guys don't like washing anyway." :icon_lol:

somebody
28th February 2009, 16:30
Yes well at 7-10 times the price so it should it kinda depends on whose money it is I personally want the Porche to if someone else is paying:REGamblMoney01HL1:

30,000 piso is 6 months salary over here if your an average worker and if your more than that you could afford to buy your own or hire a helper to do the laundry ,cleaning ,cooking ect for 2000 a month depends on the OPs depth of pocket he said basic:xxgrinning--00xx3: Very happy to use my 5 months of education here to help guys

P.S. The basic model uses little electric and water Angies previous one is still working after several years and and with her mum she bought the latest from her own earnings

I was going to Write, i dont know of any household that does use a washing machine in the Phils. But saying that i dont that many households in Phill:D

PeterB
28th February 2009, 17:28
I brought my automatic front-loader from UK, but I find one of the girls crouching over plastic bowl in the back yard every morning, washing clothes by hand!