PDA

View Full Version : about my pasport

Ross
26th February 2009, 15:22
hello everyone

want to ask about m expired passport we are planning to apply for spouse
of course we need to renew passort...but i also read we have to attend semonar with CFO to get chnage my passsort from single name to marrried name right? so what i have to do first to attend semoinar and renwe my passport or must apply first the visa..coz am bit worry of my distance am from mindanao my pallned was to just do things in one to apply visa and attend CFO seminar but how can do it when passort must need to apply my visa and it already expired so i need to renwe it and change to my married name..anone can give me any idea

thank you and more power

nids123
26th February 2009, 16:35
will for me when i reniew my passport and change into my husband name on it,i have to attend the seminar first then after that i applied for spouse visa.

IainBusby
26th February 2009, 16:36
It's a bit of a long way round I know, but I think you will need to renew your passport first before you apply for the visa, then have your passport amended after you have attended the CFO seminar.
Iain.

Mrs Daddy
26th February 2009, 16:37
Hi ross where you from in mindanao?I agree with what ian said and as well if you go for seminar make sure bring some photos with you and hubby on it as i have been back and forth in cebu only for this blumin photos.they need proof that your relationship is genuine.Good luck take it slowly at a time.

empott
26th February 2009, 16:52
How about attending the CFO counseling first then renew passport so that you don"t have to amend it anymore?

Ann07
26th February 2009, 20:22
How about attending the CFO counseling first then renew passport so that you don"t have to amend it anymore?

more simplified:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ross
27th February 2009, 00:07
oh picture what kind is wedding picture alright thats obnly we got with my husband..oh...my...was certificate of mareriage not genuine as proof of relatiosnhio..lol...

so if i attent the seminar first with CFO what would i do next to renew my passort would they give me anything to proof i can renew my passort..am from davao city here in the DFA i doing my passaort to renew..
anymore advice is much more appreciated

thank very much and more power..

georyz
27th February 2009, 01:25
you cant apply for visa with an expired passport, you cant renew your expired passport without cfo seminar... in short you have to do the seminar first then renew and amend your passport and then you apply for visa. you can do cfo seminar in cebu as its near davao. if you have friend/relative there maybe you can stay with them for a day or 2 for the seminar for you to save a bit. good luck.

empott
27th February 2009, 02:09
You don't have to amend if you are renewing your passport. You only do the amendment of passport if you are still using your old passport that did not expire e.g. when you want to change your family name after marriage or if there's any correction to be made.

Jay&Zobel
27th February 2009, 02:22
TO SAVE YOU FROM LONGWINDED hassles: Im my opinion:

1) Renew your passport since it is already expired... Also, include the Certificate of Marriage when applying... You have the option to put your married name on your new passport (or you can amend later if you wanted to - but then since you are in the Philippines, do it if u must)

2) Attend the CFO Seminar and have your New passport stamped with CFO sticker... During the mini interview, they will ask for your passport & photos of your wedding or just photos of you & your husband...

3) Once you have done 1 & 2... APPLY for SPOUSE VISA & pay the appropriate fee... submit everything that you have, from chat logs to letters sent by courier, photos, receipts/invoices, marriage license, bank statements of your husband, letter of support from him, accommodation, and all...

4) Wait...

5) Result: Granted or Denied (this is unlikely if you have correctly submitted all necessary documents)

6) Fly to UK

7) Be happy ;-)

God bless you!

PeterB
27th February 2009, 04:19
1) Renew your passport since it is already expired... Also, include the Certificate of Marriage when applying... You have the option to put your married name on your new passport

As I understand it, the CFO sticker is required before DFA will issue the passport with the name of a non-filipino husband.

I believe that Ruby will need the CFO sticker to amend her passport, even if we never leave the Philippines.

empott
27th February 2009, 16:09
After counseling, CFO gives a Guidance and Counseling Certificate & Certificate of Attendance which you will show to DFA. DFA will then renew your passport or amend the passport if it's still valid. You can now apply for the visa and if it's granted, go back to CFO for the sticker. CFO sticker only comes AFTER you get the visa.

Mrs Daddy
27th February 2009, 18:06
oh picture what kind is wedding picture alright thats obnly we got with my husband..oh...my...was certificate of mareriage not genuine as proof of relatiosnhio..lol...

so if i attent the seminar first with CFO what would i do next to renew my passort would they give me anything to proof i can renew my passort..am from davao city here in the DFA i doing my passaort to renew..
anymore advice is much more appreciated

thank very much and more power..

they needed picture of you and hubby together any picture will do:xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
27th February 2009, 18:28
After counseling, CFO gives a Guidance and Counseling Certificate & Certificate of Attendance which you will show to DFA. DFA will then renew your passport or amend the passport if it's still valid. You can now apply for the visa and if it's granted, go back to CFO for the sticker. CFO sticker only comes AFTER you get the visa.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. So Ruby will need to attend for counseling and get the certificate of attendance, but she will never need the sticker.

empott
28th February 2009, 05:24
That's true but even if she doesn't need the sticker, she will still pay for it, Sir. :NoNo:

PeterB
28th February 2009, 12:04
.. but if she can't get a sticker without getting a foreign settlement visa ... ???

empott
28th February 2009, 13:43
Nope, I don't think so. I still don't have the sticker coz I still don't have the visa. Have paid it tho.