PDA

View Full Version : Four Weeks & 2 Days & Rochelyn Received Settlement Visa

aposhark
27th February 2009, 10:44
Well, I can hardly believe it but I spoke with Rochelyn this morning and she told me she has her passport in her hands with the settlement visa in.
That means she received it after 4 weeks and 2 days.

:REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

I am over the moon, and she is (as usual) a little nervous :cwm24::cwm24::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

So my money will now go away :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

adam&chryss
27th February 2009, 10:46
wow! that's really fast :BouncyHappy:
congratulations!!! now you can be with your panaginip soon... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
27th February 2009, 10:49
Excellent news......!!!!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best from us.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
27th February 2009, 11:02
Excellent news mate. Congratulations from Elsa and myself.

Shayla
27th February 2009, 11:04
Well, I can hardly believe it but I spoke with Rochelyn this morning and she told me she has her passport in her hands with the settlement visa in.

I am over the moon, and she is (as usual) a little nervous

Congratulations Aposhark...That's so quick..

I'm happy for you and to your wife..
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Hope my visa will be approve soon like you..

acs
27th February 2009, 11:07
:Hellooo: congratulations Aposhark and to your wife..: :xxgrinning--00xx3:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo:

brian&maddy
27th February 2009, 11:28

:REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08:

I am over the moon, and she is (as usual) a little nervous :cwm24::cwm24::Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

So my money will now go away :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!! :BouncyHappy: all of us here are happy for you and your wife:)

tiN
27th February 2009, 11:29
Congratulations for both of you!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

misscarie
27th February 2009, 11:46
Many Congratulation to you and rochelyn ...

that's the quickest one so far :)

Party ~ Party :REDancedancer08:

Piamed
27th February 2009, 11:59
Congrats to you both from Pia and I. So quick; is that record?

kimmi
27th February 2009, 12:10
wow congratulations Mike and Rochelyn..:)

wrigglybum
27th February 2009, 12:18
wow congratulation:REDancedancer08:

mavid
27th February 2009, 12:19
Wow...quite fast indeed! Congratulations.

Mrs.JMajor
27th February 2009, 12:46
wow that was so quick Mike,very good indeed ,congratulation to you guys

IainBusby
27th February 2009, 13:03
Congratulations!!! That's very quick. :appl::appl::appl: Now you can settle down and get on with the rest of your lives.
Louella & Iain.

jencha8569
27th February 2009, 14:33
wow thats so quick:omg:
great job there Mike:xxgrinning--00xx3:
congratulations to you and panaginip(Rochelyn):Hellooo::Hellooo:

long wait is over now and a start of a new
life together and big change especially to ur missus.

wish u both all the best

cheers:BouncyHappy:

charlwill
27th February 2009, 14:39
Congrats to you and to your wifey.

empott
27th February 2009, 16:21
:BouncyHappy: Excellent! It's getting quicker! It's now 4 weeks! :BouncyHappy:

Congratulations to you and your wife, Aposhark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nids123
27th February 2009, 16:34
wow so past congrats to u and ur wife hope mine is next and the rest here waiting for the visa result.

JudyHon
27th February 2009, 16:59
Congratulations for both of you guyz & Have a safe trip soon :)

Sconnie
27th February 2009, 17:12
Congratulations

ginapeterb
27th February 2009, 17:39
Congratulations from Pete and Gina, now another British can go pole vaulting down the arrivals area at Terminal 3, LHR, nervous, hmmmmmmm, paradise island here you go.....

Enjoy the moment mate you will need to learn 2 important Tagalog words, for your wife who is coming to be happy.

1. Padala

2. Pera.

If you can master these two words, you will do fine..

Mrs Daddy
27th February 2009, 17:39
congrats from us:)

alicat
27th February 2009, 18:22
congratulations to you and your wife..have a safe trip.

Ann07
27th February 2009, 18:34
congrats:)

Arthur Little
27th February 2009, 18:59
Heartiest congratulations to you and Rochelyn ... and here's me thinking Myrna & I would qualify for The Guiness Book Of Records at just 5 weeks, but you've beaten us to it! Tell me, though, have you ones heard of all this pallaver spouses have to go through at the hands of the Philippine [this time] authorities, as FURTHER proof, before receiving their stickers from CFO? I mean RE-presenting the myriad of documents already submitted to the British Embassy. I thought the nightmare ended once the visa was issued.

Anyway, good luck and very best wishes.

5olidsnake
27th February 2009, 19:13
congratulations, enjoy your new life together:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bread2lk
27th February 2009, 19:16
Congrats

jbt
27th February 2009, 19:37
congratulations!!!

DianaKevy
27th February 2009, 20:36
congratulations to you both:)

tiger@tigress
27th February 2009, 20:40

Another Congratulations:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

vbkelly
27th February 2009, 21:31

congratulation to both of you well done!

cheesewiz
27th February 2009, 23:01

wow congrats to both of you:xxgrinning--00xx3: ...Just be sure you have atleast £100/month extra for nanay and tatay:Rasp:

Ady
27th February 2009, 23:20
Congrats both... very very quick. Well done!

paulgee
28th February 2009, 04:29
Congratulations Mike and Rochelyn. Not too long to wait now for the two of you to be together. We wish you all the happiness in your life ahead.

Paul And Shirley

PAT
28th February 2009, 05:42
so quick aposhark !..... Congratulations to you and Rochelyn:):):)

aposhark
28th February 2009, 08:51
Thank you to all who replied to this thread.

Thank you so much to everyone who has offered advice and suggestions over the past year.

Now that my wife has her visa, we are planning for her to join me. It will probably be in a couple of months’ time due to my work commitments, and I also want to go back to the Philippines to accompany her back to the UK for her “new” life here.
I feel the long journey will be much nicer for her with me by her side and I would like her to have a smooth transition from the Philippines to the UK, as I am sure she will be sad at saying goodbye to her family.

It really is such a valuable forum here, and to realise that looking back, how "green" we all start out learning as we go from all the people who have successfully got their visas.

For all the new people joining the forum, keep on persevering and logging on to the forum, as all the people here are very helpful and, in the end, you will achieve your dream of being with the one you love.

After falling for your Filipina(o), the whole process of trying to be together can seem very daunting at times and the waiting seems endless, but don’t give up and pick up hints and tips on what others have done to get their visa.

I visited Rochelyn in Cebu and we prepared her visa application together.
For us, I thought this was essential as her English is not as good as she wants it to be, but she is progressing along nicely with the books she has. I feel it is more about confidence than about incorrect grammar, but with encouragement, she is getting better all the time.

I bought books on English Grammar for her in the “National Bookstore” in Cebu City, and she was enjoying studying when I last saw her a month ago.

So, to help others in their quest, I will mention a few things that I hope will help you:

I took photos of all Rochelyn’s texts to me and put them in a “Word.doc”, ten photos to a page and printed on both sides. I put them in chronological order. I did this as Rochelyn could not get itemised phone statements.
She only had 4 letters from me as many did not make it to her house :cwm34:

I made printouts of all of our emails and separated them a) me to her and b)her to me. (make sure you edit out the "naughty but nice" comments :Rasp:) I made sure the dates were in the photos.

We included a small photo album, and kept the quantity to a minimum, about 40 in total. I felt it best to write in “Visit 1 of 3” and put the date next to them. I made sure the pictures were always of us together and with her family etc. All photos were annotated.

I bought cardboard file folders in Cebu City, ones with the ribbon attached.
I numbered these as per the visa application checklist; I was very thorough on how I did this.
On the outside of the folder, I wrote in large felt tip what the contents were.
There was one folder that did not have a number so I named it “before number 1”, this had the UKVAC appointment letter, her passport etc.
I was glad I did this as Rochelyn was very nervous when she entered the UKVAC building and I wanted her to feel better about her collection of documents, but more importantly, I wanted the ECO who would look at her visa application later to easily check the documents.
She asked to chat in Tagalog at the UKVAC, and the lady she met told her she had so much evidence of relationship.

This was my sponsorship letter – it was one page only.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY NAME
Xx xxxxxx STREET
MY CITY
MY COUNTY
“POSTCODE HERE”
Tel XXXXX-XXXXXX

January 25, 2009 Presently in Cebu City

Dear Sir(s),

My name is XXXXXXXX and I am writing this letter as the husband and sponsor of my wife, Mrs. XXXXXXXXXX (nee XXXXXX).
I went on a holiday to the Philippines arriving January 16, 2008 and I met XXXXXX XXXXX on February 03, 2008.
She was working as a waitress in a restaurant “Ging Ging’s” on Malapascua Island, off the north tip of Cebu Island. She took some days off work and we spent these together and fell in love on Malapascua.
On February 20 2008, I went with Rochelyn to visit her parents on Carnaza Island, also near the north tip of Cebu Island.
I left the Philippines on February 28, 2009 for the UK and phoned Rochelyn from the UK regularly. Our love grew and we started to make plans for me to return to see her.
I returned to the Philippines to see Rochelyn for the second time on June 30, 2008 and visited her parents on Carnaza Island again. I asked her father for permission to marry Rochelyn. He agreed.
We planned our wedding and married in Daanbantayan, Cebu on August 06, 2008.
I returned to the UK on August 17, 2008 and my wife and I kept in contact again almost every day, mostly by “Skype” and phone/texts.
I arrived in the Philippines for the third visit on January 21, 2009. I came to assist my wife with her UK visa application. I will return to the UK 06 February, 2009.
Regarding evidence of relationship: I would just like to point out that I have a private limited company. My itemised telephone bills were still with the accountant for the end of year accounts. If these phone bills are still required, please contact me on “EMAIL ADDRESS” and I will scan them and send them over the email to the VAC or British Embassy.
I have low monthly outgoings in the UK as my rent and utility bills are offset against corporation tax.
Please note: My wife was unable to include a summary of my finances/savings on the online application form as the form did not save this information.
Just before I flew to the Philippines, the UK voter registration document arrived at my house; it incorrectly showed the previous tenants. I will be rectifying this on arrival in Rugby, England.
Please contact me if you require any further information
Yours Faithfully,

Mr. xxxx xxxxxxxx
January 19th 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps :Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
28th February 2009, 09:03
.......Enjoy the moment mate you will need to learn 2 important Tagalog words, for your wife who is coming to be happy.

1. Padala

2. Pera.

If you can master these two words, you will do fine..

Please enlighten me Pete :D

5olidsnake
28th February 2009, 09:45
padala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padala) / pera (http://twitter.com/TagalogWords/status/1117666292) means

1 the roofs leaking
2 great uncles sick
3 the dogs sick
etc

aposhark
28th February 2009, 09:56
padala (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padala) / pera (http://twitter.com/TagalogWords/status/1117666292) means

1 the roofs leaking
2 great uncles sick
3 the dogs sick
etc

They sound ominous :omg: thanks 5olidsnake :icon_lol:

5olidsnake
28th February 2009, 10:08
They sound ominous :omg: thanks 5olidsnake :icon_lol:

another one to learn is "balikbayan" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balikbayan_box) full of spam, clothes and other items which can be purchased in philippines cheaper but is also sent:Cuckoo:"pasalubong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasalubong)"

somebody
28th February 2009, 17:42
Nice one sorted anoter story of sucess. I can now go down to Tescos with a smile on me face as I take on the crazed beings and their shopping trolleys.

girl england
28th February 2009, 18:32
good news congratulations Aposhark and to your wife

Frances
28th February 2009, 20:49
Congratulation's!

Phillip and Frances

LEAHnew
1st March 2009, 06:31
:BouncyHappy:Another inspiration couple:xxgrinning--00xx3:
that's great to hear Mike Congratulation to you and Rochelyn:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Oh so it means ur in rush tidying up:rolleyes::D:Rasp::Rasp::D